I've been bitten.....


> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot



 
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Barleywine


Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
There's no cure for this affliction. The old expression "Feed a cold, starve a fever" doesn't have a tarot equivalent. No curative "chicken soup" for you, but maybe a few of those Duck Soup decks would take the edge off, hmm?
What are Duck Soup Decks? Oh this Tarot Bug.. they don't sound awesome, but the Tarot Bug wants them too! lol It's close to 'chicken soup' so I should get some to 'help' me with this bug. lol

No, there doesn't seem to be a cure.... I just haven't had this before. I am not a collector and I usually only buy decks that I am going to read with. I like to buy one at a time so that I can bond and do some readings with it before worrying about other decks. Oh..what have I done? lol

Luckily, several were from family members as gifts... but that just led me to find other awesome decks. lol

Have you seen the 78 Tarot Nautical or any of the 78 Tarot decks? The ones that have a Tarot artist for each of the 78 cards. How cool is that? I can't believe I didn't know about it. lol

Sorry.. I find that with the Tarot Bug.. I become a HUGE enabler also. LOL


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #11
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Grizabella


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
I have the Tarot of Pirates and I love it. It's so much fun. I think you'll like it. I read with it and, for me, it's easy to read and gives lots of new visual cues for each card. I haven't seen the Impressionist deck, though.
It is an adorable and very readable deck, isn't it? I really like it also and think that it will be one of my reading decks. I was wanting something neat to add to reading in public/events that would grab attention. I am not sure I like the thin/fragile feel of the cards, but I could always laminate them if I think they are in danger of getting damaged. I am careful with my decks, but if they are used a lot I wonder how they will hold up.

How long have you had your copy of Tarot of the Pirates? Do you think I should laminate them or do you think they are okay? I have different card stock on my cards so when some are thin I get a bit worried. lol I have Everyday Witch Tarot which has thin cardstock also. It is holding up very well.. better than I honestly thought it would. I don't bend them when I shuffle {like playing cards] but shuffle pretty easily. If not doing reversals I don't usually do that to decks anyway.

Sorry for the ramble..lol


Thanks for chiming in love!

Here is a link to the Impressionist Tarot http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...sionist-tarot/
I'm sure that you already seen that, but it is so cool!


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #12
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
What are Duck Soup Decks? Oh this Tarot Bug.. they don't sound awesome, but the Tarot Bug wants them too! lol It's close to 'chicken soup' so I should get some to 'help' me with this bug. lol
One of our members here is the creator of those decks. You can google the website. Many of the decks are quite nice. I don't buy decks that are collaborative, so I haven't seen the decks you mentioned.
Top   #13
Morwenna's Avatar
Morwenna  Morwenna is offline
Oversized hobbit
 
Join Date: 04 May 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 4,843
Morwenna 

I can relate. Less than 2 weeks ago I bought 3 decks and a book for one of them. They weren't even on my wish list. And I have another one (which is on my list) on order from another AT member. Now I have to lay off for awhile till I at least familiarize myself with my new purchases!
Top   #14
Topaz_CharmTemple  Topaz_CharmTemple is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 15 Mar 2015
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 178
Topaz_CharmTemple 

Ooh Tarot Nautical is gorgeous! I have a mermaid-obsessed friend -- just might need to buy this one for her. Thanks for sharing!
Top   #15

BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
One of our members here is the creator of those decks. You can google the website. Many of the decks are quite nice. I don't buy decks that are collaborative, so I haven't seen the decks you mentioned.
Thank you, Barleywine! I will look it up!

I didn't think I liked collaborative decks until I saw the 78 Tarot Nautical. I think it is really cool, so I hope that I like all of the cards. It is my first collaborative deck.
Top   #16
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Morwenna


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post
I can relate. Less than 2 weeks ago I bought 3 decks and a book for one of them. They weren't even on my wish list. And I have another one (which is on my list) on order from another AT member. Now I have to lay off for awhile till I at least familiarize myself with my new purchases!
Morwenna, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has been bitten by the Tarot Bug. lol Which decks did you get?

I also like taking my time to get familiar with the new deck and read with it. That is why I was so surprised to be drawn to buying more than one. I haven't purchased many in the past 2 or 3 years, so I guess it is time. lol

I hope that you enjoy your new decks and book love!


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #17
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Topaz_CharmTemple


Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz_CharmTemple View Post
Ooh Tarot Nautical is gorgeous! I have a mermaid-obsessed friend -- just might need to buy this one for her. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! Yes, it is a gorgeous deck! I am quite the enabler also.. lol I think I am going to love the deck.. I hope so!

Let me know if you decide to get it and what you think when it arrives.


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #18
Trogon's Avatar
Trogon  Trogon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Aug 2002
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 2,916
Trogon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
....by the Tarot Bug! I have purchased 5 new decks in two days! FIVE!
[snip]
Have any of you guys been bitten by the Tarot Bug lately? What have you been drawn to buy?
[snip]
I bought Prisma Visions Third Edition Tarot Deck. Then found Tarot of Pirates and Impressionist Tarot decks.
I to have been bitten by the Tarot Scarab. Though I was able to keep myself to 2 new decks (Hermetic Tarot and Tarot Illuminati), a small figure of a seated Ganesh (keeping him at work), and a new bag for one of the decks I bought. But I had to go in for instant gratification of the infection and went to Crystal Magic (a New Age shop here), so I could go home (well, actually to work) with my new purchases.

I've been looking at the Prisma Visions Tarot on-line. It looks like a beautiful and eminently usable deck. It's already on my wish-list. Probably just as well they didn't have it at Crystal Magic or I would've had 3 new decks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
I am not sure I like the thin/fragile feel of the cards, but I could always laminate them if I think they are in danger of getting damaged. I am careful with my decks, but if they are used a lot I wonder how they will hold up.
I've noticed this with a few decks. For example, several from Lo Scarabeo are on thinner stock, such as the Egyptian Tarot, but they seem to work just fine (so far). Also the Sakki-Sakki Tarot feels a little thin, but handles great. On the other hand, the Tarot Illuminati from Lo Scarabeo is printed on fairly heavy card stock. I was a little more worried about that because I use a slightly modified faro shuffle and the first couple of shuffles I had a bit of trouble getting them to slide together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
There's no cure for this affliction. The old expression "Feed a cold, starve a fever" doesn't have a tarot equivalent. No curative "chicken soup" for you, but maybe a few of those Duck Soup decks would take the edge off, hmm?
Why did you have to mention Duck Soup decks??? My first thought was it was a Tarot using images from Marx Brothers movies ... and I immediately wanted it! Then, even worse ... I went to their web site and found two or three more decks that I want!!!!
Top   #19
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Trogon


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
I to have been bitten by the Tarot Scarab. Though I was able to keep myself to 2 new decks (Hermetic Tarot and Tarot Illuminati), a small figure of a seated Ganesh (keeping him at work), and a new bag for one of the decks I bought. But I had to go in for instant gratification of the infection and went to Crystal Magic (a New Age shop here), so I could go home (well, actually to work) with my new purchases.
I wish we had a new age shop here again. It has been awhile since the others have closed. I miss wondering through the incense filled store shopping for my things and looking at new Tarot decks. I like the name of your New Age Store.. Crystal Magic. I hope that you enjoyed your purchases! Was it hard to work with your new decks there? lol I have been fighting to get time to really look at and enjoy my new decks. I'm always going some where or doing something. I do get sneak peeks! lol

I was also eyeing the Tarot Illuminati. What do you think of that deck? Are you glad that you bought it? Have you had time to read with it yet? sorry for so many questions! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
I've been looking at the Prisma Visions Tarot on-line. It looks like a beautiful and eminently usable deck. It's already on my wish-list. Probably just as well they didn't have it at Crystal Magic or I would've had 3 new decks.
It is a gorgeous deck! I am so excited for it to finally arrive! I don't know if they are sold in many stores though. I think you have to order from their website unless you are living near a lucky store that has them. I would love to wonder upon a store and find that deck. I can't imagine anyone leaving the store without it. lol I had wanted that deck since the first time I saw it. Then I just had to have it. lol If you decide to order one, let me know what you think about it ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
I've noticed this with a few decks. For example, several from Lo Scarabeo are on thinner stock, such as the Egyptian Tarot, but they seem to work just fine (so far). Also the Sakki-Sakki Tarot feels a little thin, but handles great. On the other hand, the Tarot Illuminati from Lo Scarabeo is printed on fairly heavy card stock. I was a little more worried about that because I use a slightly modified faro shuffle and the first couple of shuffles I had a bit of trouble getting them to slide together.
I don't know why that bothers me. I guess because I think the thinner cards will wear out faster. I usually only keep the decks that I will actually read with, so that is why I need them to last. I was surprised to see how thin the Everyday Witch Tarot Deck was, but so far it is holding up. I assume the Tarot of the Pirates and Impressionist Tarot decks will both be fine. I really like both of those decks. I usually don't like or connect with LoS decks, but these are just awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
Why did you have to mention Duck Soup decks??? My first thought was it was a Tarot using images from Marx Brothers movies ... and I immediately wanted it! Then, even worse ... I went to their web site and found two or three more decks that I want!!!!
I know.. now you have the Tarot Bug..er.. Beetle too Trogon! {{HUGS}} It is hard to not click on the links or look them up. lol I just decided that I may love collaborative decks. I won't be able to say until I receive the 78 Tarot Nautical then I may end up buying more of those decks. I am eyeing the 78 Tarot Carnival deck now.


Thanks for responding love! I hope that you enjoy all of your decks, your seated Ganesh and your new tarot bag! {{HUGS}}


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #20
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.