I've been bitten.....


> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot



 
Trogon's Avatar
Trogon  Trogon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Aug 2002
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 2,916
Trogon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
I wish we had a new age shop here again. It has been awhile since the others have closed. I miss wondering through the incense filled store shopping for my things and looking at new Tarot decks. I like the name of your New Age Store.. Crystal Magic. I hope that you enjoyed your purchases! Was it hard to work with your new decks there? lol I have been fighting to get time to really look at and enjoy my new decks. I'm always going some where or doing something. I do get sneak peeks! lol
I love Crystal Magic! There's also one in Sedona, and it's a bigger store with even more decks and books and stones and crystals and singing bowls and tons of incense and .... Yes, it's a dangerous store and we're going to try to go down there this weekend.

I was pretty lucky. It was Sunday that I bought my new decks, I had gone in early for work (I start at 3:00 pm on Sundays) and stopped on my way in. Fortunately, it was a very slow day at work, so I had several hours to look through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
I was also eyeing the Tarot Illuminati. What do you think of that deck? Are you glad that you bought it? Have you had time to read with it yet? sorry for so many questions! lol
No problem! Ask away! So far I really like the Tarot Illuminati. The card stock is quite thick and so it isn't as flexible as many other decks. Even though it's a Lo Scarabeo deck! The edges have a slightly rough feeling to them, but it's wearing down after some shufflings and handling. Also, when I was first going through the deck I found that the gilding on the edges tended to cause some of the cards to stick together. But they weren't terribly difficult to separate. So far I love the images, the colors are exquisite! They are quite detailed and feel quite alive. I'm actually going to be using this deck next week for the Deck of the Week next week and will have more impressions on it in that thread. I also posted some notes on both decks here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
It is a gorgeous deck! I am so excited for it to finally arrive! I don't know if they are sold in many stores though. I think you have to order from their website unless you are living near a lucky store that has them. I would love to wonder upon a store and find that deck. I can't imagine anyone leaving the store without it. lol I had wanted that deck since the first time I saw it. Then I just had to have it. lol If you decide to order one, let me know what you think about it ok?
Definitely will let you know. Well, I'll be posting about it when I get it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
I don't know why that bothers me. I guess because I think the thinner cards will wear out faster. I usually only keep the decks that I will actually read with, so that is why I need them to last. I was surprised to see how thin the Everyday Witch Tarot Deck was, but so far it is holding up. I assume the Tarot of the Pirates and Impressionist Tarot decks will both be fine. I really like both of those decks. I usually don't like or connect with LoS decks, but these are just awesome!
I kind of had that feeling the first time I got one of the thinner decks. But so far I haven't had any problems with any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
I know.. now you have the Tarot Bug..er.. Beetle too Trogon! {{HUGS}} It is hard to not click on the links or look them up. lol I just decided that I may love collaborative decks. I won't be able to say until I receive the 78 Tarot Nautical then I may end up buying more of those decks. I am eyeing the 78 Tarot Carnival deck now.

Thanks for responding love! I hope that you enjoy all of your decks, your seated Ganesh and your new tarot bag! {{HUGS}}

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
I'm quite interested to read your impressions of the 78 Tarot Nautical. It's an interesting looking deck, but I'd be concerned about it feeling somewhat chaotic with all the different art styles.

Thanks for the hugs & hugs back to you!
Top   #21
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Trogon


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
I love Crystal Magic! There's also one in Sedona, and it's a bigger store with even more decks and books and stones and crystals and singing bowls and tons of incense and .... Yes, it's a dangerous store and we're going to try to go down there this weekend.
I would love to go to Sedona! We were thinking of making a trip {long} to AZ to see family. I wanted to swing into Sedona to check out all the cool things there. Any suggestions or places that I should see when I go? I always like recommendations. We probably won't go until the fall. I do wish I lived closer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
I was pretty lucky. It was Sunday that I bought my new decks, I had gone in early for work (I start at 3:00 pm on Sundays) and stopped on my way in. Fortunately, it was a very slow day at work, so I had several hours to look through them.
That is so cool! Not that you were slow, but that you had time to look through you decks and enjoy them. I still haven't gotten time to open the package of the Prisma Visions Tarot 3rd Edition. I just want to make sure that I have time to not have to hurry through the cards. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
No problem! Ask away! So far I really like the Tarot Illuminati. The card stock is quite thick and so it isn't as flexible as many other decks. Even though it's a Lo Scarabeo deck! The edges have a slightly rough feeling to them, but it's wearing down after some shufflings and handling. Also, when I was first going through the deck I found that the gilding on the edges tended to cause some of the cards to stick together. But they weren't terribly difficult to separate. So far I love the images, the colors are exquisite! They are quite detailed and feel quite alive. I'm actually going to be using this deck next week for the Deck of the Week next week and will have more impressions on it in that thread. I also posted some notes on both decks here.
Thanks love! I do tend to ask a lot of questions, so if I get on your nerves let me know. lol Wow a thick LoS deck! The ones I have are all super thin. I'm sorry about the edges being rough. Mine are all smooth at least. Gilding is beautiful, but it does stick. I wonder if the decks that stick the most are not given enough time to dry? I forgot which deck that I got that had gilding and it actually messed up some cards. I think it was an oracle called Psychic Tarot Oracle. I still use the deck, but it was kind of a bummer to have some cards messed up.
I hope that you enjoy using your deck for the Deck of the Week thread. I should sign up for that sometime also. I am not sure why I haven't yet. lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
Definitely will let you know. Well, I'll be posting about it when I get it anyway.
I will look for it if you do. I hope that you love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
I kind of had that feeling the first time I got one of the thinner decks. But so far I haven't had any problems with any of them.
So far {knock on wood} that is my experience also. I don't shuffle like a poker player as I don't use reversals, so maybe that helps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
I'm quite interested to read your impressions of the 78 Tarot Nautical. It's an interesting looking deck, but I'd be concerned about it feeling somewhat chaotic with all the different art styles.
I am interested to see if I like it as well as I think I do. lol I have decided because of some weird cards in the 78 Tarot Carnival that I won't be purchasing that deck. It has a child up on the 10 of Swords card. Just...NO. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
Thanks for the hugs & hugs back to you!
You are welcome! I love being happy and giving hugs!


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #22
Trogon's Avatar
Trogon  Trogon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Aug 2002
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 2,916
Trogon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
I would love to go to Sedona! We were thinking of making a trip {long} to AZ to see family. I wanted to swing into Sedona to check out all the cool things there. Any suggestions or places that I should see when I go? I always like recommendations. We probably won't go until the fall. I do wish I lived closer though.
There are a lot of places down there that are great. If you come in from I-17 on SR 179, there's an very good Mexican restaurant called Javalina Cantina at the Hillside shopping center. That shopping center is chock full of all kinds of shops. There is a good New Age shop on the right just past Schnebly Hill rd (I think it's called The Center for the New Age - though that may be a different one).

After you cross the bridge coming into Sedona (just past the roundabout at Schnebly Hill rd.) there is Talaquepaque (I think that's how it's spelled) on the left, also chock full of all sorts of shops. There's a new section of Talaquepaque across the road.

Just past Talaquepaque, also on the left, there is a tiny strip mall with a store called Ramsey's. They have a lot of gems, minerals and fossils and such and have very reasonable prices (well for Sedona, anyway).

When you get to US 89A (another roundabout ... then another!) go south, Crystal Magic is on the right a few miles down. It's past the McDonalds with the teal-blue arches.

There's lots of other places that I can't really think of right off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
That is so cool! Not that you were slow, but that you had time to look through you decks and enjoy them. I still haven't gotten time to open the package of the Prisma Visions Tarot 3rd Edition. I just want to make sure that I have time to not have to hurry through the cards. lol
Well, since I work at a Police Department, I think having a slow shift is quite a blessing.
Top   #23
Morwenna's Avatar
Morwenna  Morwenna is offline
Oversized hobbit
 
Join Date: 04 May 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 4,843
Morwenna 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
Morwenna, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has been bitten by the Tarot Bug. lol Which decks did you get?

I hope that you enjoy your new decks and book love!
Fairy Tarot and Tarot of Gnomes, both by the same artist, and it's the book for the Fairy; and the Avalon.

All have their own systems, so they will be a lot of work!
Top   #24
C_McQueen  C_McQueen is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 23 Sep 2014
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 27
C_McQueen 

I've been bitten! Yesterday I bought the Radiant RWS but my fiance was sitting and having a cup of coffee so I had more time to browse, and then I saw the Animal Totem and I NEEDED it. I knew I wanted a RWS to use so I for sure was getting that one, so I just accepted that I was getting two decks in one day.
Top   #25

BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Trogon


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
There are a lot of places down there that are great. If you come in from I-17 on SR 179, there's an very good Mexican restaurant called Javalina Cantina at the Hillside shopping center. That shopping center is chock full of all kinds of shops. There is a good New Age shop on the right just past Schnebly Hill rd (I think it's called The Center for the New Age - though that may be a different one).

After you cross the bridge coming into Sedona (just past the roundabout at Schnebly Hill rd.) there is Talaquepaque (I think that's how it's spelled) on the left, also chock full of all sorts of shops. There's a new section of Talaquepaque across the road.

Just past Talaquepaque, also on the left, there is a tiny strip mall with a store called Ramsey's. They have a lot of gems, minerals and fossils and such and have very reasonable prices (well for Sedona, anyway).

When you get to US 89A (another roundabout ... then another!) go south, Crystal Magic is on the right a few miles down. It's past the McDonalds with the teal-blue arches.

There's lots of other places that I can't really think of right off.



Well, since I work at a Police Department, I think having a slow shift is quite a blessing.
Yes!! Those sound like awesome places to visit! Thank you so much! I haven't been so I had no idea where to start first. lol I will definitely have to write these down though. lol

I'm so excited to finally go!

Yes, having a slow shift at a police department is a blessing!

Thanks love!
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #26
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Morwenna


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post
Fairy Tarot and Tarot of Gnomes, both by the same artist, and it's the book for the Fairy; and the Avalon.

All have their own systems, so they will be a lot of work!
So cool! I'm excited for you! I hope that you enjoy each and every one! Thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #27
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
C_McQueen


Quote:
Originally Posted by C_McQueen View Post
I've been bitten! Yesterday I bought the Radiant RWS but my fiance was sitting and having a cup of coffee so I had more time to browse, and then I saw the Animal Totem and I NEEDED it. I knew I wanted a RWS to use so I for sure was getting that one, so I just accepted that I was getting two decks in one day.
Yes C_McQueen...you HAVE been bitten!!

I love the Radiant RWS deck. Universal Waite is what I carry with me as it is in 'pocket size". I can totally relate to the NEEDING it part. LOL I needed my decks too! lol They are gorgeous! I'm going to be busy for awhile with these.

Let us know what you think of your new decks!


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #28
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 

Where I live we have insect repellent to keep from being bitten. When I invent "Tarot Repellent," you'll find it on Etsy. "Bitten" may be putting too gentle a face on it. If tarot were a cow, I would be its cud: well-chewed.
Top   #29
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Barleywine


Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
Where I live we have insect repellent to keep from being bitten. When I invent "Tarot Repellent," you'll find it on Etsy. "Bitten" may be putting too gentle a face on it. If tarot were a cow, I would be its cud: well-chewed.
You are so hilarious, Barleywine! lol Also very wise! I think you definitely have described perfectly what I happened to me!! Definitely a cow's cud. lol
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a cure. lol I will be looking for your "Tarot Repellent" on Etsy though! lol

I do have to say that I have come across some Tarot Decks that definitely repelled me. Maybe that is the only cure? The Parrott Tarot still makes me get shivers. LOL Though when I pull up that deck here.. all I see are good cards. The deck I received was ACTUALLY a deck of nothing but Parrots. The Parrott Tarot that I received in a trade was ... just... no. It was not the one made in 2003 but one after I joined in 2009-2011 ?


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #30
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.