RARE COMBO? Sun + Ten of Wands ( sees you + feelings)

EnchantedOne

@EmpyreanKnight

Actually, this can be the case too. The Wands is the suit of passion and fire, but at the very end it has run out of steam so to speak. It is nearly exhausted, it has become a barely flickering flame that still strives valiantly to move. The Sun + the culmination of the suit of Fire suggests heat to an extreme degree. So maybe yes, he has always been ardent in his feelings for her, but carrying it by himself for far too long made him quite tired of all of it, tho he still carries a torch for her.

Truly insightful analysis, and I honestly feel this may be it. Due to the circumstances, any passion
he has for her would be accompanied by a lot of heavy emotional / psychological factors that have little to do with her directly.She may be his personal Sun, but if he wanted to be with her he would have to make drastic almost frightening changes to accommodate the relationship (very different backgrounds / lifestyle). His family, friends, etc wouldn't understand and Im sure he considers this, and must carry all of this and his passion, fears, etc all alone.

headincloud

I don't think we can assume just because he sees her as a positive personality that the relationship conjures up positive feelings, think how many people you could describe as the sun, my mum springs to mind but she can drive me up the wall sometimes if you see what I mean. Neither can we assume just because he sees her as creative and on track etc that he has romantic feelings for her, the problem may be he knows she has feelings for him, it's not reciprocated and this is burdensome.

Another consideration is how someone sees someone may be positive as in on track for example but this might conjure feelings of jealousy or resentment, not applicable here obviously.

If you're still at a loss over the meaning of 10W you could do a three card spread asking for insight into it.

EnchantedOne

@HeadInCloud

You know, everything you said is very valid. Even what you said about jealousy actually could still be applicable here. I often suspect a fluctuating disposition of both admiration and jealousy (based on cards as well as circumstance). It is also quite possible he feels burdened not by passionate feelings but by knowing he doesn't feel the same.

Their backgrounds and lifestyles are so different and maybe he already accepts that it could never work but feels guilty knowing how much she cares. Not sure he knows this care is embeded in deep romantic feelings for him, but he definitely knows she cares. I just get confused since wands are passion, and even if just the end of passion the passion seems to have been there at some point right?

How do you reccomend doing the three card spread? As in what each card position would stand for and the best way to phrase the questions?

I don't think we can assume just because he sees her as a positive personality that the relationship conjures up positive feelings, think how many people you could describe as the sun, my mum springs to mind but she can drive me up the wall sometimes if you see what I mean. Neither can we assume just because he sees her as creative and on track etc that he has romantic feelings for her, the problem may be he knows she has feelings for him, it's not reciprocated and this is burdensome.

Another consideration is how someone sees someone may be positive as in on track for example but this might conjure feelings of jealousy or resentment, not applicable here obviously.

If you're still at a loss over the meaning of 10W you could do a three card spread asking for insight into it.

headincloud

You know, everything you said is very valid. Even what you said about jealousy actually could still be applicable here. I often suspect a fluctuating disposition of both admiration and jealousy (based on cards as well as circumstance). It is also quite possible he feels burdened not by passionate feelings but by knowing he doesn't feel the same.

Their backgrounds and lifestyles are so different and maybe he already accepts that it could never work but feels guilty knowing how much she cares. Not sure he knows this care is embeded in deep romantic feelings for him, but he definitely knows she cares. I just get confused since wands are passion, and even if just the end of passion the passion seems to have been there at some point right?

How do you reccomend doing the three card spread? As in what each card position would stand for and the best way to phrase the questions?

Pull out the 10W and place it in an over view position, underneath that in a row place three cards to outline what is underlying this card and that may give you an insight.

EnchantedOne

I agree that A sees B as someone optimistic, joyous, creative, and just loads of fun. She positively buzzes with energy, and can bring life to any party.

However A feels that if he does get a chance with B, it would take so much work just to keep up with her. For some people, seeing someone else's excessive drive and energy can be exhausting. It may be due to personality differences too - he may prefer to chill out more than her, and she might be tempted to find this kind of tedious or dull.

Somehow I didn't see this EK, he is the Knight of Wands personality-wise, so he would have no trouble keeping up with her enthusiasm. However, he is aware that being with her would be too much work morally. Like a child who is reluctant to go to grandma's because they know they would have to be on their best behavior and live up to so many standards. They might adore grandma, for she brings them joy, happiness, and baked cookies, but the standards to be around her cause so much pressure.

Pull out the 10W and place it in an over view position, underneath that in a row place three cards to outline what is underlying this card and that may give you an insight.

Thank you HeadInCloud I will do this and report back :)

EnchantedOne

UPDATE

Ok HeadInCloud (and anyone else viewing) these are the cards that underly Ten of Wands as his feelings....

Nine of Wands (reversed): Being held back due to doubt/fear, already feels burnt out just from the thought of even trying, thus figures it is all a pointless struggle. Defensive protection of his emotions.

Five of Cups: A sorrowful emotional adjustment to the acceptance that he can't pursue a "pointless struggle". That it is a painful loss he may feel regret over but still feels he must allow himself to lose this cherished thing.

Eight of Cups: The Reversed Nine of Cups and Five of Cups being put into action. Finally abandoning it all, though not without grief and pain. He is not happy to leave these emotions (his eight cups), but it is necessary. He is tired of the dissapointment and emotional hurt it all causes him. His leave may be to contemplate more from an emotional distance or to go in search for less painful situations.

So it seems the burden he feels (10 of wands) is about how much it all weighs on him emotionally. He definitely has (or had) deep feelings but they were just too strong...too much to be feeling for a woman/situation that did not even seem possible for him to take on. The confusion and fluctuating emotions /thoughts / perspective became too much to bear.

SunChariot

The Sun came up as how person A sees person B (positive), yet 10 of wands came up as how person A feels about person B.

I tried looking for any previous threads covering this to no avail. What would this mean? Perhaps person A sees person B as a positive influence in their life, helping them to "see the light", but for one reason or another person B creates feelings of longing that person A finds burdensome to feel?

I'm open to other interpretations and would love any real-life experiences with these cards (as a pair or on their own). Thanks :)

The cards talk to each of us somewhat differently, but one important thing is in how the question is phrased. In the first question how A sees B, the card is talking about B. How A perceives B. His/her perception of B. Not about A.

So let's say that The Sun means (as it does for me) warm positive joyful feelings. This does not say that A feels that about B. It means that is how A sees B. Eg he sees her as a a happy, warm, positive person. Which is very much what you say. Enlightened, having the ability to help someone see the light...sure those are equally possible meanings.

Of course how A feels about B is about A. 10 of Wands, for me....Wands = creation, and the desire within us that leads us to want to create something new. 10s are the highest # before the Courts, so for me they represent the most of the element of the suit it is possible to have, the height of it, if I explained that well.

So the 10 of Wands there, for me would say that he feels a very very strong desire to create something more with this person. Very motivated to do so and to put in any needed work to get there. Its something that means a lot to them. There is a desire for much more with this person and it's a very strong desire. I don't get any of that burdensome part though. The only sense I would get is fear of not being able to achieve more. I think it would be devasting to lose the other as the desire for more is so very strong.

Babs

EnchantedOne

Babs I am honestly always deeply amazed / intrigued by how you explain your insight. Even the spread I did suggested by headincloud (despite its sadness) suggests an abundance of emotions just as you say. I feel you are right, any burden he feels may be from fear of not being able to achieve more....but the strong feelings do exist.

The cards talk to each of us somewhat differently, but one important thing is in how the question is phrased. In the first question how A sees B, the card is talking about B. How A perceives B. His/her perception of B. Not about A.

So let's say that The Sun means (as it does for me) warm positive joyful feelings. This does not say that A feels that about B. It means that is how A sees B. Eg he sees her as a a happy, warm, positive person. Which is very much what you say. Enlightened, having the ability to help someone see the light...sure those are equally possible meanings.

Of course how A feels about B is about A. 10 of Wands, for me....Wands = creation, and the desire within us that leads us to want to create something new. 10s are the highest # before the Courts, so for me they represent the most of the element of the suit it is possible to have, the height of it, if I explained that well.

So the 10 of Wands there, for me would say that he feels a very very strong desire to create something more with this person. Very motivated to do so and to put in any needed work to get there. Its something that means a lot to them. There is a desire for much more with this person and it's a very strong desire. I don't get any of that burdensome part though. The only sense I would get is fear of not being able to achieve more. I think it would be devasting to lose the other as the desire for more is so very strong.

Babs

Tanga

Haven't read all the posts so I could be repeating:

Sun as A's perception of B - they are an energetic, fit and healthy, bubbly, sunny person. Perhaps illuminating in their influence or highly motivating.

10 of Wands as how A feels about B - their presence may be draining - e.g. so bubbly, upbeat and full of ideas, that maybe they are exhausting to be around?
(The energetic vampire? The manic depressive?...)

( :) A couple of people I know come to mind. Love them to bits - but I can only cope with them in small doses).

EnchantedOne

Haven't read all the posts so I could be repeating:

Sun as A's perception of B - they are an energetic, fit and healthy, bubbly, sunny person. Perhaps illuminating in their influence or highly motivating.

10 of Wands as how A feels about B - their presence may be draining - e.g. so bubbly, upbeat and full of ideas, that maybe they are exhausting to be around?
(The energetic vampire? The manic depressive?...)

( :) A couple of people I know come to mind. Love them to bits - but I can only cope with them in small doses).

Hi Tanga, thanks for your post. Your description of The Sun in this position really fits the situation, and is right up the alley of the descriptions from others :)
As for the Ten of Wands, I am 100% certain that any burden is not from her presence being exhausting. I think the situation itself or his perception of it may be emotionally exhausting (based on the circumstances), but I see how it could mean that in some cases. ❤