Tarot Forum    


Briar Rose's Slumber (For Feedback)


> Tarot Forum > All Kinds of Readings > Reading Exchange



 
AppleSpice's Avatar
AppleSpice  AppleSpice is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere in my crazy mind~!
Posts: 556
AppleSpice 
Smile Briar Rose's Slumber (For Feedback)


PLEASE READ LAST POST BY ME!

Are you feeling stuck? You're living life but feel like you're going nowhere? Like walking on a treadmill, always moving but never leaving?

This is another Disney-inspired spread I created. This is a self-growth/self-awareness spread to help people get unstuck and help identify what the problem might be and advice to help you take the steps to start moving forward instead of infinitely in one spot.

Click below for more details on the spread:
Briar Rose's Slumber Spread

PLEASE READ THE RULES!

Rules: Please only sit if.....
1. You can leave quality feedback within 24 hours, after I've posted your reading
2. You feel you really need this kind of reading because it applies to your current situation in life. (Sometimes there are people who just want an in-depth reading just to get one. It robs others a seat, who might actually need it. Please take this into consideration.)
3. You are willing to be open to possible criticism. (I find, self-growth spreads can be a little cringe-y sometimes because they reveal the vulnerable truths that can criticize our current position. Please know that I read with soft honesty. I will not hide or rearrange my words to make something sound better than it actually appears to be, but I take consideration of how it might be taken as well! )
4. You can answer this question when you post to take a seat. What is seven times three?

NOTE: Please be respectful and understanding if I choose to pass you. I will always let you know why though. Please allow me at least two days to complete readings for all sitters. I will PM you when the reading is posted.

Thanks guys,

AppleSpice


Sitters:
1. Noni (Career) - Reading Done! Feedback Given! Thanks for sitting
2. WolfSwan (Romance) - Reading Done!
3. SunnyBee (Romance) - Reading Done!
Top   #1
Noni  Noni is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Feb 2013
Location: Beyond time & space
Posts: 5,988
Noni 

Hi AppleSpice

Thanks for offering to read
I've looked at the spread I'd love to sit please. I know what you mean about people just taking a seat...well, I can assure you I'm on a journey.
21 is a great number btw! I would love to get this spread for my career.

Cheers
Top   #2
WolfSwan's Avatar
WolfSwan  WolfSwan is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 11 Sep 2015
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 5,662
WolfSwan 

Hi AppleSpice

21 is the answer!

I really need one of these readings. I feel like whilst things appear to be going well and I'm fairly happy, one part of my life seems a bit more stuck - when it comes to familial, romantic and friendship relationships.
Top   #3
AppleSpice's Avatar
AppleSpice  AppleSpice is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere in my crazy mind~!
Posts: 556
AppleSpice 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSwan View Post
Hi AppleSpice

21 is the answer!

I really need one of these readings. I feel like whilst things appear to be going well and I'm fairly happy, one part of my life seems a bit more stuck - when it comes to familial, romantic and friendship relationships.
Hi WolfSwan,

I've added you to the list, but could you narrow the subject you want your reading to revolve primarily around? When this spread is used to focus on a specific area in life, it yields better answers when it's focused around one subject and not multiple, unfortunately. Sorry, but if there are multiple areas within the reading, it can confuse me to know which answer are directed at which areas. Please pick one area for me to focus on, thanks for understanding!

AppleSpice
Top   #4
WolfSwan's Avatar
WolfSwan  WolfSwan is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 11 Sep 2015
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 5,662
WolfSwan 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSpice View Post
Hi WolfSwan,

I've added you to the list, but could you narrow the subject you want your reading to revolve primarily around? When this spread is used to focus on a specific area in life, it yields better answers when it's focused around one subject and not multiple, unfortunately. Sorry, but if there are multiple areas within the reading, it can confuse me to know which answer are directed at which areas. Please pick one area for me to focus on, thanks for understanding!

AppleSpice
Hi AppleSpice,

Thanks - I will focus in on romantic relationships in that case! Thank you for reading for me x
Top   #5

AppleSpice's Avatar
AppleSpice  AppleSpice is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere in my crazy mind~!
Posts: 556
AppleSpice 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSwan View Post
Hi AppleSpice,

Thanks - I will focus in on romantic relationships in that case! Thank you for reading for me x
Great, noted! Thanks!
Top   #6
SunnyBee  SunnyBee is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,266
SunnyBee 

Hey AppleSpice,

If I can focus romantic relationships, thank you! Answer is 21
Top   #7
AppleSpice's Avatar
AppleSpice  AppleSpice is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere in my crazy mind~!
Posts: 556
AppleSpice 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noni View Post
Hi AppleSpice

Thanks for offering to read
I've looked at the spread I'd love to sit please. I know what you mean about people just taking a seat...well, I can assure you I'm on a journey.
21 is a great number btw! I would love to get this spread for my career.

Cheers
Noni's Reading


1: Briar Rose - King of Cups

This card is a strong resilient card that shows how in-control one is of their emotions and displays great stability. But I think this facade of yourself may be more of a front to show others, rather than what you're really like. You have great management skills though and are deal manageable with deadlines. If not, a bit chaotic with the way you do things to complete tasks given. I'm getting the feeling though that you feel irritable in some sense, without really knowing why.

2: Maleficent - Knight of Cups

The reason why I thought the King of Cups was more of a front than how you really are is because of this card. This card is supposed to point out the main problem, but I feel that this card is both the problem and the solution. You are actually a very proactive person who has a great need to take action to help others. Almost on a reckless level. This yearning is causing you to think that this will never be fulfilled and it's become something like an un-reachable dream after some time of contemplation. This, in turn, is causing a domino effect which makes you think that if it's un-reachable, any efforts to make it come true is slim to none, so instead you do what you know you can do. If you feel irritable, it may be because you feel like you are not doing enough or you are not doing the job that you feel meets your need to want to help others. You don't necessarily have to directly be the one to help others, but join a company that works to achieve those endeavors. The King is an in-control kind of person but I get the feeling of a lack of passion in your work-life. It feels more autonomous than anything.

3: Prince Phillip - Four of Wands

Do you have an idea? Or you have a lingering opportunity that has been on the back burner for a little while? Take the chance when you see an opportunity that you feel would make you happier and feel more fulfilled. Either you have a job that you've had for a long while now, or you've been in a profession for a long while now that you feel would be wasteful to stop and drop. Wands is a suite of action and is a fiery card that is saying that risky impulse might be something you need to do.

4,5,6: The Three Good Fairies - Three of Pentacles, Two of Cups, The Devil

When it comes to finding another job opportunity, try to find something that is familiar with what you do already but still shares the needs you want met. The feeling that you are contributing and that without you, it would not have come to fruition. Maybe the same job title at a company that shares your beliefs and work your way up the ladder. (Make sure the opportunity has room to grow first) However, beware that if you choose the same job position as you hold now, you may slip into a rut again and have to start over. If you think this will happen, try to attain another job that is more proactive and involved within the company.

7: Princess Aurora - The Wheel of Fortune

A possible future, which looks like your work life may turn out to be the complete oppposite of what it is now. Meaning every bad will turn good, but also every good will turn bad. Pros and cons, but take stock in the fact that the more important needs are met, then the bad cons won't seem so bad and feel much more manageable to deal with. I feel you are a bit of a semi-extroverted person with a love to contribute and being a part of something bigger than yourself. Wheel of Fortune shows that you may prosper more to be more out there, and more extroverted, but you'll enjoy it!

I hope this reading helps in some ways and makes sense! I don't have a lot of experience reading with this spread yet, so please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for sitting,

AppleSpice
Top   #8
Noni  Noni is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Feb 2013
Location: Beyond time & space
Posts: 5,988
Noni 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSpice View Post
Noni's Reading


1: Briar Rose - King of Cups

This card is a strong resilient card that shows how in-control one is of their emotions and displays great stability. But I think this facade of yourself may be more of a front to show others, rather than what you're really like. You have great management skills though and are deal manageable with deadlines. If not, a bit chaotic with the way you do things to complete tasks given. I'm getting the feeling though that you feel irritable in some sense, without really knowing why.
Yes, I have good management skills and I'd do what needs to be done to get to my deadlines....mostly I would meet them.
I can be a bit chaotic but not really. These days I'm a bit irritable due to stress and this month my health has been down too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSpice View Post
2: Maleficent - Knight of Cups

The reason why I thought the King of Cups was more of a front than how you really are is because of this card. This card is supposed to point out the main problem, but I feel that this card is both the problem and the solution. You are actually a very proactive person who has a great need to take action to help others. Almost on a reckless level. This yearning is causing you to think that this will never be fulfilled and it's become something like an un-reachable dream after some time of contemplation. This, in turn, is causing a domino effect which makes you think that if it's un-reachable, any efforts to make it come true is slim to none, so instead you do what you know you can do. If you feel irritable, it may be because you feel like you are not doing enough or you are not doing the job that you feel meets your need to want to help others. You don't necessarily have to directly be the one to help others, but join a company that works to achieve those endeavors. The King is an in-control kind of person but I get the feeling of a lack of passion in your work-life. It feels more autonomous than anything.
I have been unemployed for the longest time around eight months. I am irritable as I tried to find work with lot of enthusiasm and did all I could...got out of my comfort zone and nothing worked. Now I feel disappointed. I do want to and in past have worked with lot of social organisations. But right now I need to help myself more than I need to help others get out of this situation...so lack of passion is setting in now....apathy in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSpice View Post
3: Prince Phillip - Four of Wands

Do you have an idea? Or you have a lingering opportunity that has been on the back burner for a little while? Take the chance when you see an opportunity that you feel would make you happier and feel more fulfilled. Either you have a job that you've had for a long while now, or you've been in a profession for a long while now that you feel would be wasteful to stop and drop. Wands is a suite of action and is a fiery card that is saying that risky impulse might be something you need to do.
OK...I've been thinking of starting my own small enterprise but I want to find a partner. So maybe this card is talking about that. I have spoken to a few people about it. I have a meeting coming up next month in regards to exploring this venture with someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSpice View Post
4,5,6: The Three Good Fairies - Three of Pentacles, Two of Cups, The Devil

When it comes to finding another job opportunity, try to find something that is familiar with what you do already but still shares the needs you want met. The feeling that you are contributing and that without you, it would not have come to fruition. Maybe the same job title at a company that shares your beliefs and work your way up the ladder. (Make sure the opportunity has room to grow first) However, beware that if you choose the same job position as you hold now, you may slip into a rut again and have to start over. If you think this will happen, try to attain another job that is more proactive and involved within the company.
So I think what I intend to do is what you've said. I want to find a career not a job so that I can grown in fact I said this to someone and there is a job I interviewed for earlier this year which would give me this opportunity they have put me on hold for now due to internal company issues so I'm waiting to hear from them. It would be something where I can contribute for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSpice View Post
7: Princess Aurora - The Wheel of Fortune

A possible future, which looks like your work life may turn out to be the complete oppposite of what it is now. Meaning every bad will turn good, but also every good will turn bad. Pros and cons, but take stock in the fact that the more important needs are met, then the bad cons won't seem so bad and feel much more manageable to deal with. I feel you are a bit of a semi-extroverted person with a love to contribute and being a part of something bigger than yourself. Wheel of Fortune shows that you may prosper more to be more out there, and more extroverted, but you'll enjoy it!
YAY!!! complete opposite sounds like exactly what I need....hallelujah!!!
WOW! I love how you have explained my personality well..semi-extroverted haha...wonderful!....its true...I need something bigger than myself it drives me. I will try to work on being more extroverted when I'm working I am but I'ms till shy and like to work as a loner so this is good feedback and pointers for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSpice View Post
I hope this reading helps in some ways and makes sense! I don't have a lot of experience reading with this spread yet, so please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for sitting,

AppleSpice
AppleSpice, you did a GREAT job! the reading has given me hope, as well as something to think and ponder on. I do need to be more extroverted, I get into my shell especially when I'm not working and don't have much to talk about to others. I'll also keep exploring the possibility of working on my own (the thing I put on the back burner). And fate does seem to have a hand in the events surrounding my career.

Appreciate the time and effort you put in the reading.

Best wishes
☀️
Top   #9
AppleSpice's Avatar
AppleSpice  AppleSpice is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere in my crazy mind~!
Posts: 556
AppleSpice 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSwan View Post
Hi AppleSpice,

Thanks - I will focus in on romantic relationships in that case! Thank you for reading for me x
WolfSwan's Reading


1: Briar Rose - Queen of Wands

The Queen of Wands currently represents who you are at this present moment. You are energetic, adventurous, impulsive when the mood strikes you, fast-moving, charming, witty, extroverted and out-going. So why in the world is your love life not going anywhere? You'd think that you being who you are now would reign in lots of people to be attracted to you and that you would be successful in managing a prosperous relationship! Right now, I feel the tension and frustration that the wands are quick to take on when they can't figure something out. Hot-headed, easily tempered and sharp tongued. Right now, it seems like everything in your life is going well, except your love life. It seems to be moving along, yes, but feels unchanged from routine, which you dislike.


2: Maleficent - Six of Swords

Ultimately, the problem is that whenever a relationship doesn't work out, you do your best to move on from it. You don't like to linger in the past and like to leave it there. However, though you are good at moving forward like the Queen of Wands you are, you don't really seem to be learning from them. You lack a learned experience from your past relationships. I'm using the nicoletta deck and the six of swords here depicts a girl floating peacefully and calmly, resting in her coffin. A rower peddles her along the river to leave behind the past, but the feeling I'm getting is that this girl is simply going through the phases of what one goes through a broken relationship and not acknowledging the facts of it. Her eyes are closed and resting. She does not hear or see anything as she floats on her journey to moving on from the past. She doesn't see the remnants of the past floating by her in the waters. Without confronting, acknowledging the faults and flaws of how and why the relationship didn't work, it can be difficult to change that pattern. Don't just look at the surface damage, look deeper within. Where it hurts. That is where the real problems lie. The memories that make you cringe and furrow your brows. Think of those times and see if you can find a common pattern that repeats itself in every relationship you've had. When something doesn't change, it usually means you haven't.


3: Prince Phillip - Six of Cups

Now this is an interesting card to get. It almost feels like a mirrored reply to your six of swords. I consider the suite of swords and cups to be exact opposite of each other, while the wands and pentacles are to one another as well. The cups are full of emotion and feelings, driven mainly by their temptations and desires, where as swords are driven mainly by their logic and pragmatic knowledge. Heart and head. Ask yourself, have you thought about why your love life is at a standstill?

Is the answer only one sentence long?

Now, ask yourself, if the answer is so simple as you said, why hasn't anything changed then? The answer sounds easy enough, but things are still the same.

If the answer is, I don't know, then you have your answer already. If you don't know something, take the time to know. To gain something from not knowing. To be a little more wise about yourself than you were yesterday.

Six of cups is saying, your answer isn't good enough anymore. You need to look even deeper. Deeper than you're comfortable with. If you found something about yourself and it was easy to get to, then that's not deep enough. The truth of ourselves are never going to be easy and will always take time and patience with yourself. The core of an apple is not to the side, the left or the right. It's dead in the center where you have to work at getting to it when you consume an apple. You'll get stuff in between your teeth and it'll feel uncomfortable. Your gums might hurt along the way from consistently rubbing against it. Set some time for yourself without asking your friends their thoughts. Without seeking consultation on the side. Without distractions around you to think otherwise. Literally, sit in a room and just be by yourself with your thoughts. Sometimes it's necessary to be alone and be uncomfortable. But that's where we endure through our battle scars. You alone need to come to your own conclusion. Then the answer will seem more clear and plausible.


4,5,6: The Three Good Fairies - The Fool, Two of Cups, King of Cups

Moving on physically is something you've done several times, so you know what to do when you break up with someone. But you've never really emotionally moved on and that's actually a lot harder to do than to physically move on. Try to take strides in changing yourself when you approach another person of interest. Do something different that is outside your comfort zone. Don't approach someone with the same tactic you used before. That will only attract the same people, which might only pile on the same problems on top of each other. Be more emotionally exposed. And by that, I don't mean be emotional right off the bat, haha! No! That'll just scare everyone away, LoL! Let's say you've been dating someone for a good while now and you're at the stage where you both feel comfortable enough to share your opinions, thoughts and feelings about things (anything). You do share your thoughts and feelings, but you also hold back. You expose your general opinion or thought, but you only scratch the surface because maybe you feel vulnerable if you were to expose your full opinion and thoughts. You feel like you might be judged or they might see that you are too different than what they originally envisioned. Be more open to expand upon your thoughts and feelings instead of just the short and sweet version. They might reject you for it, but they might not! Rejection is a necessary evil in a person's love life, but it also helps give us a guideline on who NOT to hit on next time, haha!


7: Princess Aurora - Queen of Swords

I found your spread to be really interesting and fun! You start off the Queen of Wands, but with work, you might end up becoming the Queen of Swords. This tells me you are a very feminine person with very attractive feminine wiles. You ooze feminity, but with a wild strength. There's nothing docile about you because you're quite loudly energetic yet down to earth at the same time. Not sure if that makes sense, since they are polar opposites, but hopefully it makes a little sense, haha!

But, if the work is put into yourself, and you're willing to change the way you approach your love life, then you might end up becoming more like the Queen of Swords. Usually the Queen of Swords is attached with the negative connotative meaning that she is void of emotions. That is not true. She's actually full of emotions, but know that logically, spilling them out every which way is not wise either. She is a knowledgeable woman and knows when it's appropriate to be emotional and when it is not. The Queen of Swords is a tactful woman and doesn't let temptations overrun her logic. Being tactful is a useful skill, but can often be mistaken as being cold and icy.

Your spread looked very much like a fluid journey, so this kind of tells me that the path to change is smooth and straightforward which might make it easier for you to find your way towards the Queen of Swords. It was fun to read for you and just a little tidbit from myself, if you'd care to hear it.

The current "trend" of our self-growth industry urges us, as people, to not change for anybody and that people should accept us for who we are. That's a valid point but there are some people who have taken this point way too seriously and way to literally. Thinking that they themselves never really need to change because it would violate their self-pride or self-image. Changing yourself to change your life. If you want your life to be different, you need to be. Life waits for no one and will be happy to leave the stubborn ones behind. If people start to notice and tell you that you've changed, but with a negative inflection, then maybe it's time to get new ones. If you've changed, your preference in friends will too.

That earlier passage is no means, me trying to sound "uppity" or a know-it-all, but I like your energy and think if it will help make you think, that I think it's worth taking a shot and say to you. Most people will not show you the harsh truths, and I always feel like I have to be that one to show others the harshness, at least once. But nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed the reading, and hopefully most of these things aren't too off the spot, haha! I tend to go off on the vibes and images I receive. If I think too much about whether it's accurate, the image distorts and I doubt myself. So, hopefully some of these things resonate!

Thanks for sitting,

AppleSpice
Top   #10

 





 



Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Tarot Readings
· Reading Exchange
Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Rider-Waite-Smith
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· 2000+ Tarot Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us. Advertise with us.