How can I heal from this?

SweetSiren

Long story short, I was romantically involved with someone that ended abruptly and unexpectedly. I thought we would at the very least maintain a real friendship, but I don't see that happening.

I'm still pretty hurt and wanting to get the show on the road. How can I heal from this?

Ace of Seords. Queen of Pentacles. High Priestess.

I think the Pentacles are saying that it will take a little bit of time to sort it out, and the high priestess is there to tell me to remain true to myself and my own perception of the matter. We can all sometimes think we did more wrong than we actually did when things go sour. I'm having a bit of trouble with the Ace of Swords. Maybe sticking strictly to the facts and not how I feel will shed some light on the situation.

Barleywine

The key principle of Swords is "division" or "severing." I think the Ace of Swords here simply means that the ties have been irrevocably cut. The Queen of Pentacles implies taking ownership of (if not responsibility for) that fact by facing up to the reality with calm composure, and the High Priestess takes that equanimity to the next level, rising above the uncomfortable truth by taking the "moral high ground."

empresslove

I agree with Barleywine, and to piggy back, I also see the ace of swords as the TRUTH card, perhaps the healing process entails discovering the truth (ace of swords) on why things ended so abruptly.

And yes, as you stated Siren, the healing process will be slow (queen of pents) but keep your head up high w/ integrity you posses inside you (high priestess).

The key principle of Swords is "division" or "severing." I think the Ace of Swords here simply means that the ties have been irrevocably cut. The Queen of Pentacles implies taking ownership of (if not responsibility for) that fact by facing up to the reality with calm composure, and the High Priestess takes that equanimity to the next level, rising above the uncomfortable truth by taking the "moral high ground."

bluelagune

Long story short, I was romantically involved with someone that ended abruptly and unexpectedly. I thought we would at the very least maintain a real friendship, but I don't see that happening.

I'm still pretty hurt and wanting to get the show on the road. How can I heal from this?

Ace of Seords. Queen of Pentacles. High Priestess.

I think the Pentacles are saying that it will take a little bit of time to sort it out, and the high priestess is there to tell me to remain true to myself and my own perception of the matter. We can all sometimes think we did more wrong than we actually did when things go sour. I'm having a bit of trouble with the Ace of Swords. Maybe sticking strictly to the facts and not how I feel will shed some light on the situation.

Quint is Tower so you need to destroy the foundation of some belief that you created inside your head. The ace of swords I also see as truth so something inside your foundation has been build on a lie. The HP tells me that it is most likely that you already know what that is. The details to what it is? Queen of pentacles - stuff she does not is BS, wasting money, not having a family, lazy people, just look at the stuff that this person did that were red flags, look at them as HP already know that there was no future building with such individual. Do you want to stand at that door or do you want to close it?

SweetSiren

I've never seen the Ace of Swords that way. Death has always been my card that talks about endings. Not that this isnt totally over (because it is) but it's SO rare that I get the Ace of Swords and I oddly enough have seen it 3 times in two weeks for just daily readings. So I just wonder if it's something else other than breaking the bond.
I once read about it being a "a-ha" moment or a sudden shift in perspective. I think that's what the theme of my life right now is. I do feel a psychological change coming on and seeing things in a new way.

I like what you say about the high priestess quite a bit. I think it's about keeping to myself and not involving in it in any way. He works at a bar I go to a lot, so this card might mean to just not go there and stay out of it entirely.

SweetSiren

I agree with Barleywine, and to piggy back, I also see the ace of swords as the TRUTH card, perhaps the healing process entails discovering the truth (ace of swords) on why things ended so abruptly.

And yes, as you stated Siren, the healing process will be slow (queen of pents) but keep your head up high w/ integrity you posses inside you (high priestess).

I said in my earlier post that the ace had made a couple appearances for me recently even though I've hardly ever drawn it in my years of reading. So it seems like a pretty big deal to me and I think you are on to something! There's the truth card, then the unknown card (High Priestess). There's a strong knowledge theme here that I find interesting. I haven't seen my loathed death card yet, so it's possible that there still might be one more bit of information that will come my way.

Maru

Taking it a psychological route, I think this combo is pointing out a balancing act... between the AoS (conscious) and HP (subconscious)

Furthermore, if you're using QoP from RW, it is facing the AoS and "turned inward". That is, more focused on the coin and it's nurturing the aspect of something already well grown...

I think this QoP may 'miss' the opportunity in the HP, which could be a more direct route to your inner voice... that is maybe was not very often heard prior. AoS also makes me think of "a voice"... though a more conscious one... I guess look at your own actions closely, how they may have caused this turn-a-bout. Does it tell you anything about your own primal instincts?...

The QoP and HP are very similar in some respects. Both are well-grounded cards. Both sensual. Both are also good at keeping secrets (QoP keeps everyones secrets, if we're talking about a "listener" type woman)... both are highly feminine and out of all the Queens, is very in touch with her body. HP understands the internal instincts and motivators of people... it may be that this AoS is "qualifier" to a more internal/subconscious yearning...

AoS is the beginnings, so maybe a seed that can be planted and utilized to reconnect with your intuition. It may even point to things missed, and it may be that the AoS is your own conscious inklings pointing to these more "lighter" truths hidden therein (HP)... I can see QoP as unearthing these aspects... but, she is highly physical, more prone to what is practical. It may be that her instinct is protect others--more than protect herself... HP is more self-protective. I tend to think of QoP as the protector amongst friends, the listener, the anonymous toolbox of her friends... she listens and listens, bears that weight on her shoulders. It may be that this weight is greater than even she realizes (maybe the AoS is the QoP considering this additional "weight")... whereas, the HP knows exactly what to do with burden--in a more spiritual manner--the QoP tends to "hoard" her feelings...

BTW, AoS = conscious... HP = subconscious... so there's that to consider.

I think this reading is not advice, but pointing to your development. It may be this is an opportunity for you to "get in touch" with these aspects... has this situation forced you to use your voice more often? For example? And is there something here the QoP craves?... in the HP perhaps?

AoS and HP here are balancing act. They might even conflict in some respect. Swords do tend to be more masculine and I think this clashes with the more feminine aspects of the QoP and HP. Also, is the AoS your voice or has this just caused you to be more focused on his thoughts and feelings... and are you "shelving" yours.

Just some thoughts. I would not take it too seriously. I would create a chart in your own time between AoS and HP--mark down your own differences between these cards and see if maybe that sheds some light (har har HP)

BTW, the AoS reminds me of a minor version of the Magician... so that does "tie" to HP in another round-a-bout way since the Magician often is tied to masculine--whereas HP is tied to feminine. (It also depends on your own usual working relationship with the cards--obvs)

Again, I don't think these are advice. I think there is an underlying influence to be aware of. Maybe this is part of some other change that has yet to come... (someone said quint is Tower--I would believe it)

headincloud

Queen P is advising you to approach the situation in a down to earth and practical manner and find a simple and sensible approach, she's very methodical and you're expressing yourself through her energy, she's also grounded and mature.

The goal or outcome seems to be the ace S in which we see conception of new ideas, you're in the process of formulating a new plan of action, there's clear sightedness, assertiveness, new ideas and a breakthrough in healing.

You might feel the need to withdraw under the HP to formulate this plan, she indicates there's a need to tend to your innermost feelings and listen to your inner voice. Early memories may be affecting the current situation, you may notice past conditioning is affecting current behaviour and a hidden aspect of the situation needs to be revealed, maybe several but you have a breakthrough.

Psychology, the occult, mysticism, divination, tarot and meditation are where you need to go, a psychic or intuitive woman, someone who understands the inner workings of the mind may be of assistance to you. Good show, best of luck.

SweetSiren

Taking it a psychological route, I think this combo is pointing out a balancing act... between the AoS (conscious) and HP (subconscious)

Furthermore, if you're using QoP from RW, it is facing the AoS and "turned inward". That is, more focused on the coin and it's nurturing the aspect of something already well grown...

I think this QoP may 'miss' the opportunity in the HP, which could be a more direct route to your inner voice... that is maybe was not very often heard prior. AoS also makes me think of "a voice"... though a more conscious one... I guess look at your own actions closely, how they may have caused this turn-a-bout. Does it tell you anything about your own primal instincts?...

The QoP and HP are very similar in some respects. Both are well-grounded cards. Both sensual. Both are also good at keeping secrets (QoP keeps everyones secrets, if we're talking about a "listener" type woman)... both are highly feminine and out of all the Queens, is very in touch with her body. HP understands the internal instincts and motivators of people... it may be that this AoS is "qualifier" to a more internal/subconscious yearning...

AoS is the beginnings, so maybe a seed that can be planted and utilized to reconnect with your intuition. It may even point to things missed, and it may be that the AoS is your own conscious inklings pointing to these more "lighter" truths hidden therein (HP)... I can see QoP as unearthing these aspects... but, she is highly physical, more prone to what is practical. It may be that her instinct is protect others--more than protect herself... HP is more self-protective. I tend to think of QoP as the protector amongst friends, the listener, the anonymous toolbox of her friends... she listens and listens, bears that weight on her shoulders. It may be that this weight is greater than even she realizes (maybe the AoS is the QoP considering this additional "weight")... whereas, the HP knows exactly what to do with burden--in a more spiritual manner--the QoP tends to "hoard" her feelings...

BTW, AoS = conscious... HP = subconscious... so there's that to consider.

I think this reading is not advice, but pointing to your development. It may be this is an opportunity for you to "get in touch" with these aspects... has this situation forced you to use your voice more often? For example? And is there something here the QoP craves?... in the HP perhaps?

AoS and HP here are balancing act. They might even conflict in some respect. Swords do tend to be more masculine and I think this clashes with the more feminine aspects of the QoP and HP. Also, is the AoS your voice or has this just caused you to be more focused on his thoughts and feelings... and are you "shelving" yours.

Just some thoughts. I would not take it too seriously. I would create a chart in your own time between AoS and HP--mark down your own differences between these cards and see if maybe that sheds some light (har har HP)

BTW, the AoS reminds me of a minor version of the Magician... so that does "tie" to HP in another round-a-bout way since the Magician often is tied to masculine--whereas HP is tied to feminine. (It also depends on your own usual working relationship with the cards--obvs)

Again, I don't think these are advice. I think there is an underlying influence to be aware of. Maybe this is part of some other change that has yet to come... (someone said quint is Tower--I would believe it)

Thank you very much for your thought out response. I enjoyed reading it a lot. I like your point about the Ace being a seed to get back in touch with myself. I do feel that way quite a bit with this situation, as its a call to get a bit closer to my true self. I am in school at the moment, so your point about the queen facing the ace might be the advice to channel my energy into that, with the High Proestess there, there is definitely a theme of higher learning. Like you said, these are not things I have much of a choice about and really is just the natural way of my development. The cards may be indicating that the natural order to things will change my mind in some way.

You are also very right about shelving my thoughts and feelings. I'm not entirely sure how you picked up on it, but you're right. This whole thing has been a lesson to me to not allow someone else entirely dictate the dynamic- I am an equal part in this and thus my thoughts on it matter.

SweetSiren

Queen P is advising you to approach the situation in a down to earth and practical manner and find a simple and sensible approach, she's very methodical and you're expressing yourself through her energy, she's also grounded and mature.

The goal or outcome seems to be the ace S in which we see conception of new ideas, you're in the process of formulating a new plan of action, there's clear sightedness, assertiveness, new ideas and a breakthrough in healing.

You might feel the need to withdraw under the HP to formulate this plan, she indicates there's a need to tend to your innermost feelings and listen to your inner voice. Early memories may be affecting the current situation, you may notice past conditioning is affecting current behaviour and a hidden aspect of the situation needs to be revealed, maybe several but you have a breakthrough.

Psychology, the occult, mysticism, divination, tarot and meditation are where you need to go, a psychic or intuitive woman, someone who understands the inner workings of the mind may be of assistance to you. Good show, best of luck.

You are very right about that Queen. When you're hurt, it's hard to be practical and you can make things worse than they appear. I do think you're right- that Queen is saying to take it easy and think of the simpler things. I've been to his part of town a few times, and it's like a panic sets in, "Oh god what if I run into him??" Thinking of this reading, I told myself it's ok to be friendly and act as if there is no bad blood at all. I have not run into him again, but reading what you've said, as well as others, and thinking of this reading has let me know that it's ok to feel what I feel and to not belittle it. Thank you very much for your thoughts. I liked reading them.