Help with : Book - Mice - Man

snowmoon

hi,

i read the first card,

Book - Mice - Man

so you need to find out, of this stressful man.

or we can just focus on the man, he is stressful of studies.

samantha

Thankyou.

I think I would have to see Key as a 'need to find out' as in Book + Key : accessing information.
I'm trying to come up with a verb relating to Book which would allow me to create the kind of sentence you are suggesting !

I think stressing about studies is feasible too ....but I'm not sure that he is, although I know that he does need to take exams from time to time.

Rachx

Hi Samantha - which way are the pages facing on book? If it's towards the other cards then I may be we could read it as he will shhow you something hidden about himself - so the mice nibbling away at the book (secret) or he loses a bit of his mystery ? I don't know if I explained that well but in Caitlin Matthews book she says that if the pages are facing cards then the cards may "open the book" - at least that's my interpretation -maybe up to now he has been a closed book but now is opening up a bit? I may be way off and I'm sure the Lennie peeps will set me right as I am a complete newbie xxx just a thought

snowmoon

i read book as discover which means you need to find out, Isn't it???

celticnoodle

CN: Thankyou for your thoughts too :) lol , If he keeps his stress hidden it's going to be difficult for me to verify these cards one way or the other !! Mice are usually quiet (?) maybe that will be the sign, or perhaps a *closed off* (book) countenance ?
We all seem to agree that something is making him anxious; I guess I could pull some more cards to find out what that is.

I like how Zhadee said to think of the book like a book cover/mask. I could see where your man will be obviously stressed over something--you'll see it in his face and how he acts, but he will not want to share it. So, he may have a poker face on (doing his best to hide his feelings) as for mice being quiet--yes, he will most likely be quiet. and, if you ask him if something is wrong, he may just ignore your question or tell you nothing, when you can see he is upset over something. at least--I think anyway. I'm also still a newbie with Lenny's--I so far only practice on myself and friends and family. So take my thoughts as a newbies thought. :D

samantha

Hi Samantha - which way are the pages facing on book? If it's towards the other cards then I may be we could read it as he will shhow you something hidden about himself - so the mice nibbling away at the book (secret) or he loses a bit of his mystery ? I don't know if I explained that well but in Caitlin Matthews book she says that if the pages are facing cards then the cards may "open the book" - at least that's my interpretation -maybe up to now he has been a closed book but now is opening up a bit? I may be way off and I'm sure the Lennie peeps will set me right as I am a complete newbie xxx just a thought

Thankyou for this. The pages face the other cards. I hear what you (and Caitlin) say. The peculiarity (?) about this particular book card is that it is drawn with metal or leather fasteners ( you know the kind, they act to keep the non spine side closed) I ignored this when I had a go at interpreting the cards but in truth in this line up of cards the book actually feels permenantly closed, mice or no mice (unless they are equipped with really powerful teeth ; I'll check later !!) Otherwise ...yes, it does seem that something will come to light. Im just hoping it's going to be a pleasant expose ...I thought Zhadees idea of a 'dirty secret' (mice) was inspired.

Barleywine

You didn't mention which deck you used. There is a school of thought that says if the Book is shown closed in the image, the knowledge it represents is a literal "closed book," some kind of secret, while if the Book is shown open, it's knowledge that is there to be taken, more along the lines of its alternate meaning, education or something to be learned. In either case, the Mice would devalue its effectiveness, and the impact of that diminishment would affect the Man, possibly for the better if his secrets become less an issue, or for the worse if his access to knowledge is impaired or somehow corrupted. I also read the left-most card as the subject of the reading, so it's the state of the knowledge that is most relevant to the action of the Mice, and the consequences for the Man are the "fallout."

samantha

BW - I did mention the deck ! Go and read the first post again ! :D

( Reading the rest of your post now )

Barleywine

BW - I did mention the deck ! Go and read the first post again ! :D

( Reading the rest of your post now )

Oops! I did go back and read it, but apparently not carefully enough. Guess I didn't see it because the deck title wasn't capitalized. :)

I don't have that deck, so can't comment on the "open" or "closed" scenario.

samantha

You didn't mention which deck you used. There is a school of thought that says if the Book is shown closed in the image, the knowledge it represents is a literal "closed book," some kind of secret, while if the Book is shown open, it's knowledge that is there to be taken, more along the lines of its alternate meaning, education or something to be learned. In either case, the Mice would devalue its effectiveness, and the impact of that diminishment would affect the Man, possibly for the better if his secrets become less an issue, or for the worse if his access to knowledge is impaired or somehow corrupted. I also read the left-most card as the subject of the reading, so it's the state of the knowledge that is most relevant to the action of the Mice, and the consequences for the Man are the "fallout."

I've only used the one deck - so haven't come across an open book before.
In which case, this is most likely to be about a secret ....and nothing to do with his study/possible exams. I can eliminate that thought at least.

I don't quite get what you mean by " it's the state of the knowledge that is most relevant to the action of the mice " doesn't their action dictate its state ??

Thankyou :)