Inkwell Scrying Cup ... Help with Interpretation?

TK_Finch

I've felt driven to make for myself a scrying cup for the past several weeks. I could never put my finger on exactly why, but on doing so, a message came to me almost immediately. Like it was waiting for me out in the aether, and compelled me to make an attempt at scrying just for this purpose.

My setup was simple... I poured black paint into a wide, shallow glass cup, and rolled it widdershins like you swirl tea when you intend to read the tea leaves.

As I slowed my hand and held the scrying cup steady, half of a face appeared. It was the lower half of a woman's face, and older woman, thin but not gaunt, her lips still holding some part of the promise of their youth. And I could she her start to open her mouth to say something, then stop, then start again. And the words were clear to see...

"When the nights grow short, and the days grow long, you will see the chariot of your lord coming from the west."

And then, she was gone.

Now what the heck am I supposed to do with that? I was expecting at most a glimpse of something to do with my life here and now, not a pharaonic prophesy.

It seems like, whatever is going to happen, will happen between the winter solstice and the summer solstice, because at the moment, nights are growing longer and days are growing shorter.

And, what's truly puzzling to me:
A) I have no idea who my "lord" is
B) I have no idea how his "chariot" could come from the West

And if it did, it would be just about a miracle, as I live less than two miles from the Pacific Ocean. Anything coming from the west would have to be in a boat or an airplane, rather than a chariot.

Yet, I feel like whatever this is, it's important, or I wouldn't be getting a warning about it so far ahead of time.

I'm sure, with a good night's sleep, I'll be able to drag some more out of this. But any thoughts you all have would be very much appreciated.

EvaSegovia

Hmmmm..... Interesting for sure. Have you looked at the Chariot card in the Tarot, (do you read Tarot?) you may get some insight. Also by looking up the various meanings on the web (just google Chariot Tarot meanings). (Am I telling you something you're already aware of? If so, sorry... Didn't see any mention... )

TK_Finch

Hmmmm..... Interesting for sure. Have you looked at the Chariot card in the Tarot, (do you read Tarot?) you may get some insight. Also by looking up the various meanings on the web (just google Chariot Tarot meanings). (Am I telling you something you're already aware of? If so, sorry... Didn't see any mention... )
No, thank you! That was just what I was asking for.

Slept on it and had a bit of insite yesterday morning. It should have been obvious to me who my "lord" is. It's my husband of course!

"For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord."

I'm just so new to having a husband that it didn't even occur to me at first, but I really think that is the meaning.

As far as the Tarot goes, I do read it, just about daily. I must have been really tired on Saturday night, because that didn't occur to me at the time either, only the next morning.

I was meditating on the different meanings of the Chariot tarot card yesterday morning, and you know what, there actually is a grad school to the west of us that offers the program my husband is interested in. He's currently studying at a school to the south of us, but perhaps this message is suggesting a change. The Chariot could mean things like competence, control... could definitely be a successful experience in grad school.

I'm a bit scared to accept that meaning right away, but it seems to make sense. What do you think?