shutting down psychic impressions because of fear

phirefly

what i've experienced is similar to what others have mentioned. when i was very young, i had a horrifying (though oddly cold) prophetic dream, and i'm sure that's where my fear of knowing started. when i was in college though, i saw another thing that i thought was just way too much, and i really wished i hadn't known... so i just stopped listening. it isn't to say i stopped receiving things, because i'm sure i did, but i just passed it off as nonsense or my poor memory filling in gaps or my overactive imagination. it's only been very recently that i've found other people somewhat like me (excluding my brother (who is my spiritual balance... which is probably another post entirely), but including two empaths and a color (aura?) seer) and started to open up again. i've found it hard to start again. over the past few years, i just set my mind to ignore all the extra information, and now i tend to second myself a lot.

so, i guess my fear comes from experiences in this life rather than others. still, i understand how fear can hold you back. you just need to learn to trust yourself, and maybe find some friends with whom you feel safe being yourself.

much luck :}

Spasticgirlie

I have to say, when I was younger, and I am not really that old right now that I dont recall ever having any "strange" occurances. I do recall that if I were to wish on a star that it would come true but end up badly. But I dont think that is really psychic. Sorry if I spell a lot of things wrong, I am a horrible speller. And there was one time in life I remember waking up saying what my goal in this life was, but then I forgot it! Now that was weird. Yet, recently I did start getting really negative, or unusual feelings in my house. It turned out to be a not good thing but my friends helped me take care of it. Some of it had to do with this really huge mirror in my room that has frightened me ever since I was little. For the longest time I havent looked into the mirror when it was dark. I know Im weird. And yes I do fear any psychic powers that I may have, but at the same time I dont. I want to develop any that I may have, but I also fear that I may not actually have any. Oh and I have a protection stone in my pocket. I picked the prettiest one ( my friends are helping me learn wiccan because I am relatively new). And this stone is to help me remember my shield that I have placed around myself. I also have one on my room. But yeah, shields are a whole other thread. Sorry for making this so long.

Angel Star

Well now i can totally relate i often have a fear of choking or that I was choked or suffocated or what have you about not being able to breath. Just recently I had 2 nightmares where I could not breath and woke up feeling as if i was dieing. I am not afraid of seeing things or knowing things actually I am quite on the opposite end. I really don't care what anyone thinks of my psychic self and am not afraid at all. But there are times I feel too much and need to shut down for awhile. They say alot of psychics are afraid to shut down at times and that is not good either. Its like learning to turn the on and off button on the T.V. Maybe I am a bit on the eccentric side but too all those who posted try not to be afraid I know sometimes its not easy but this is my motto because I lived in fear of so many other things in the past "I am not going to let fear stand in the way of a very beautiful gift that we all have" but it just needs to be developed if we so choose to do so. Light and Love to all :)

floracove

OK major goose bump attack!

This is so wild, because all my life I have felt totally different from everybody especially my Family.
I have not to long ago realized that something I thought was a dream in my childhood was real...
My father was in the Army and we were hardly ever around our family(aunts uncles cousins ect) We left for Alaska when I was 9months old and returned when I was 4 yrs old... (now this seems strange to be telling, because I thought It was a dream for over 30 years) When we came home we were at my Maw maw's house and in one of the bedrooms there was an old small coocoo clock and I was in this room and a woman was talking to me(I was alone as far as anyone could see) but she was there and I was talking to her and they came in to see who I was talking to and I told them here name was "Elzada" and the clock started coocooing and it really freaked them out because this clock had stopped working when this lady died and she was my Great grand mother who died before I was born... and they have always treated me different from all the rest, they'll tell you they ahven't but THEY HAVE...
And have let me belive that there was something wrong with me .
And I remember when I was a child putting my hands up to my neck for protection in my sleep...

Spasticgirlie

I think it was this thread or another one that I was reading when I remembered something weird that happens to me sometimes. But i sometimes get rather weird deja vus. Like something will happen and for the life of me I think something like that has happened before, or maybe not even think about it and then later on like hours, or days, or something Ill be like oh yeah deja vu. Like it had slipped out of my mind or something. In fact I dont really recall that happening lately.

What was weird though, I cam home last night around 11 and my mom asked me about it this morning for what time I came home. And my dad told her that I had someone in my room. Now I dont even recall talking to anyone while I was awake. And I sleep with my light on....call me crazy but I have reasons. So I was like nope I was alone. I didnt think to ask my dad about it, but it would be interesting to know why he thought I had someone in my room. I mean that would involve two voices I would think.........

Angel Star

This is in response the Floracove I hope I spelled that right. I know what you mean my family has always said I am weird and I like weird things. Like I am the black sheep or something and for so long I used to take this so personal and feel so inadequate about it but then when I started my studies in metaphysics,witchcraft, tarot and other spiritual subjects I found out there was never anything wrong with me except being on the eccentric side alot. Yes us psychics or empathics are a little different but no more than others who have there special personalities its just in this society alot frown on the "unknown" and mostly they fear what they do not understand. Now that everyone knows what I do they do not try to intimidate me on my spiritual path this is who I am and that is all. My younger brother comes to get readings from me and so does alot of the rest of family that are open to that kind of thing. Follow your path and you will find that you not so different from others that are like minded Love and light :)

phirefly

spasticgirlie:

i get deja vu over the most inane things. like having a conversation with my brother while driving down the road. suddenly i just know what he's going to say because i've heard him say it before. we're never discussing relevant things. it seems so silly to have deja vu over something so unimportant, but it happens to me all the time, with lots of different people. sometimes i wonder if i've really heard it before or if i'm just seriously psychicly in tune at the moment...

i can't decide which thought is scarier.

floracove

S.girlie,
I have a lot to learn...(no doubt)
I do want to say to you; in my opinion...
do not be afraid of it,
it is a part of you that comes from deep within you and if you try to fight a power that is your own it can make you nuts...(I'm not saying that you are, understand)
It's just that by owning what IS yours, it will help you grow to be what was ordained before your birth...
I believe that we chose our gifts and shortcoming before we come here and by embracing what we are we will be better...
of course I realize that is easier to say than to do and that is because at this time we are only human...
and I wish you all the good things that are to come...
Be patient and it will be OK

Angel Star

Sgirl I get deja vu spells alot also. They are truly weird but I like it. Its really weird though cause you are like did this happen or am I trippin? :)

Spasticgirlie

Yeah Deb E. They are really trippy like, and its weirder when you get the deja vu a few days later out of no where due to something that happened earlier in the week.