Can You Help? Name That Tarot Book?

September Pixie

I am looking for a book (name and author exclude me..) it was published in the 90's.. book was small about 5"x4", had a yellow cover and a matching cover sheet.. mine was a hard cover, I dont know if it came in paperback..

Inside it explained how to read tarot, showed images of each card, explained a little about the history of tarot, and in the back it explained how to read with regular playing cards...

Does anyone have any ideas? :(

September Pixie

I'm still having no luck :( A little more information about the book, it was purchased at B. Dalton in Michigan for between $5-$10 new between 1993-1995. It also showed a few spreads (basic, past-present-future, celtic cross, etc).. its sort of a "pocket sized" hard cover book... moderately thick.. it went into detail about the major arcana but I cannot remember anything about the minors but I do believe there was things written about them..

The back was designed to show how to use playing cards as tarot.. something like:

"You can use regular playing cards as tarot, use diamonds as pentacles, hearts as cups, spades as swords, and clubs as wands.."

then it gave reference to the meanings... it was a neat little book, I don't recall reading much of it before it was stolen but Id like to get it and read it again :( any ideas would be greatly helpful.

September Pixie

BOOK FOUND! THANK YOU!

Tarot
by David V. Barrett
ISBN: 0789403064
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley Publishing, Inc.
Subject: Tarot
Subject: Divination - Tarot Edition
Number: 1st American ed. Edition
Description: American
Series: Predictions
Library Series Volume: 21
Series Info: The predictions library
Publication Date: 1995
Binding: HC
Language: English
Illustrations: Yes
Pages: 61 p.
Dimensions: 6.46x5.04x.43 in. .32 lbs.

morandia

YEA!!!! was reading this and thinking "she is a librarian's worst nightmare" - just kidding.. but you wouldn't believe how many times we get "well, it was a red book...." at the reference desk of the university library I'm a librarian at... I"m so glad someone was able to help you!!!!

September Pixie

well, I was able to quote a few lines out of the book and described the cover perfectly to a 'New Age' bookstore owner friend of mine and she just said "ah ha, i bet you are talking about this book...." and sure enough, she was right :D (thanks Medina!)