Llewellyn's Tarot Reader

Lee

Hi OakDragon, thanks for providing that list! Can you tell me, do the deck reviews include pictures from the cards?

Thanks --
Lee

OakDragon

Lee said:
Hi OakDragon, thanks for providing that list! Can you tell me, do the deck reviews include pictures from the cards?

Thanks --
Lee

Black and white reproductions of a few of the cards, yes.

inanna_tarot

Thank you sooo much OakDragon!! What a top reviewer you are! All the groovy things i needed to know, and more. Definately on the wish list - now to find some money :p

Sezo
x

Phantom Goddess

Oakdragon... we are both in Jacksonville... I bought my reader at the Books A Million where JTB ends on A1A. Or in other words, in Marsh Landing, I love the book, although I haven't had time to look through it yet. I think I might do that today :)

Pagan X

I just picked it up. The planner aspect is sort of odd--too few pages to really be useful for carrying around as a planner. I also find it odd that the calendar portion has nothing specifically Tarot to it--no assignment of cards to weeks, days, months, nothing like that. Just basic lunar transitions and holidays. There isn't enough room to record readings.

Silverlotus

I picked up my copy of this last week. So far I've been fairly happy with it. I've read at least one or two of the articles elsewhere, but there is more then enough original material in it to satisfy me.

I had originally picked it up thinking I could use it as a planner as well, and not buy Llewellyn's Witches Datebook this year. But, the Reader is all but useless as a planner. The sections for each day are very small, and the type of binding used is not really appropriate for a book that could see daily use.

All in all though, I think that this is a good book to pick up. It's inexpensive, and as Jeannette said, it is a nice book to just pick up and read a few pages worth.

Imagemaker

I've seen this book at Barnes & Noble, thought it looked interesting, was put off by the planner section. If they switched that to a section for recording readings, it would be a great improvement.

Jeannette

Planner Alternative

Hope this isn't too far off-topic for the thread, but for those of you who are disappointed in the planner section of the Llewellyn Tarot Reader, and have need of a "real" planner, you might want to take a look at this:

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/s-decks/seasonsofthewitchdayplanner.gif

And this:

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/s-decks/seasonswitchweeklyplanner.gif

The first is a daily planner, the second is a weekly planner. We have a few in stock at Tarot Garden, for $30 and $20 respectively. Moon phases and astrological info, magick and ritual tips, poetry, lots of cool stuff -- and, of course, decks, decks, and more decks! Both are actually spiral-bound, despite the fact that the cover says "Organizer Filler Pages" at the top of the daily version. Guess they didn't feel like reprinting the cover illustration when they made the new format available.

Both are mega-cool, IMO. I can hardly wait for 2005 to roll around, so I can start using mine! :cool:

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Phantom Goddess

thanks Jeannette I love them. I'll have to buy one now :)

Shalott

Got the Llewellyn Reader, but I have to say I'm a little disappointed. There really wasn't much in it that you can't get right here, all it really did was make me want "Legend: Arthurian" a little bit more.

But this was just an initial skimming. Maybe I'll get more out of it if I spend a little more time with it.

Jeanette I like the looks of the planners better!