Animal Spirit Guide- your stories pls.

rainstarhorizon

There may be a few of us interested in hearing about your personal experiences w your Animal Spirit Guides.
For instance who are they and how did you come to find/ meet them or they you?

There was an interesting thread on how to find your Animal Spirit Guide in this forum. If anyone could put the thread link address up here I'd be grateful as I'm a bit of a newbie.

Also perhaps a question to start us off: Do you think you can be or were incarnated as an Animal / your ASG animal in a past or future life?

No SEX please- Johnny Depp is not an animal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Rsh.

rainstarhorizon

Yep, thanks Zorya.

I was really hoping for some personal experience stories too.

So, leaning on a tree, feeding her birds- any takers?

isthmus nekoi

snakes

I'm not sure about "guide" as that implies to me, a narrow role for an animal, when the relationship I have known has been far more complex than guide-follower....

I love snakes, love them to bits, find them so cute and adorable when they're small and just gorgeous when they're huge. Snakes came to me first in dreams when I was a teenager (btw, I was taught to fear snakes and regard them as gross). Then in my 20s, they came to me in real life.

It is true, I have learned a great deal from the snake and that they have at times, acted as conduits, guides. But the thing to note is when you're working working working and finding that you are changing b/c of all of it, you may realize that your efforts are changing your gods as well. This is why I find the guide perspective limiting. The transformation works both ways, not simply on you alone.

WhiteRaven

isthmus nekoi said:
I love snakes, love them to bits, find them so cute and adorable when they're small and just gorgeous when they're huge.

Quoted from David Carson and Jamie Sams book "Medicine Cards"...

Snake. . . .
Come crawling
There's fire in your eyes
Bite me, excite me
I'll learn to realise
The poison transmuted
Being eternal flame
Open me to heaven
To heal me again

Snake medicine people are very rare. Their initiation involves experiencing
and living through multiple snake bites, which allows them to transmute all
poisons, be they mental, physical, spiritual or emotional. The power of snake
medicine is the power of creation, for it embodies sexuality, psychic energy,
alchemy, reproduction, and ascension (or immortality).

The transmutation of the life-death-rebirth cycle is exemplified by the shedding
of Snake's skin. It is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and the
ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance. It is the
knowledge that all things are equal in creation, and that those things which
might be experienced as poison can be eaten, ingested, integrated, and transmuted
if one has the proper state of mind. Thoth, the Atlantian who later returned as
Hermes and was the father of alchemy, used the symbology of two snakes inter
wining around a sword to represent healing. Complete understanding and acceptance
of the male and female within each organism creates a melding of the two into one,
thereby producing divine energy.

This medicine teaches you on a personal level that you are a universal being.
Through accepting all aspects of your life, you can bring about the transmutation
of the fire medicine. This fire energy, when functioning on the material plane,
creates passion, desire, procreation, and physical vitality. On the emotional
plane, it becomes ambition, creation, resolution and dreams. On the mental plane
it becomes intellect, power, charisma and leadership. When this Snake energy
reaches the spiritual plane, it becomes wisdom, understanding, wholeness and
connection to the Great Spirit. Snake tells us that there is a need
within us to transmute some thought, action or desire so that wholeness may
be achieved. This is heavy magic, but remember, magic is no more than a change in
consciousness. Become a magician or the enchantress; transmute the energy and
accept the power of the fire.

T'is one of my Totems and is found in the South for me...the protector of my inner child.

I thought you might find this interesting... :)

isthmus nekoi

WhiteRaven,

Thanks for posting all that, I did find it interesting! B/c snakes are such primitive animals, I find they are very complex and undifferentiated in terms of symbolism. Another interesting thing I've read is that snakes, spiders and panthers/large cats are all very common during hallucinations, even in humans who live places where large cats no longer exist. A friend and I hypothesized this was b/c those animals were the most threatening to us humans early on in our history.

WhiteRaven

isthmus nekoi said:
WhiteRaven,

Thanks for posting all that, I did find it interesting! B/c snakes are such primitive animals, I find they are very complex and undifferentiated in terms of symbolism. Another interesting thing I've read is that snakes, spiders and panthers/large cats are all very common during hallucinations, even in humans who live places where large cats no longer exist. A friend and I hypothesized this was b/c those animals were the most threatening to us humans early on in our history.

I'm glad you found the information interesting. It could very well be your Totem animal because of the attraction that you have for it. If you think about your life and then look at what the animal represents you may find connections and can relate it different situations or your life in general as it has been. It often gives us keys as to how we may change to better ourselves in regards to emotions and how we deal with them.

I'd also like to add that ones individual totem is made up of 9 different animals and is an individuals "finger print" so to speak. Once you know your totems it's a matter of reflection of each one and where it fits within your own makeup...and for the most part you will be able to relate each animal to a part of you and who you are.

seaofclouds

I know that this will sound sort of crazy. But awhile ago I had an unpleasant experience with someone who called himself a "psychic" he did a reading for me and I felt totally invaded and lied to and used afterwards. Just totally drained-- like I couldn't stand up to him and call him out as a fake.

The experience had me questioning my own intuition (is it all in my head? it it all some scam I'm buying into? are all psychics fake? am I fake but too dumb to know it?).

As I was driving home that night, I was getting sort of emotional about it. And I turned this corner, and perched along the side of the road was this giant owl. Honestly, the experience was so surreal for me, I can't remember what color he was. I was just obsorbed by these giant glowing eyes. Sometimes in my head he's black, and sometimes he is white.

Ever since then I find that owls look out for me. Especially at night, when I have to rely on senses other than sight... The night before a former friend hurt me very badly, I couldn't sleep because an owl was screeching outside my window, a warning. Of course, I never catch these warnings till afterwards :)

The night another friend and I healed a rift in our relationship (she is dating one of my exes) through a tarot reading I did with her, an owl cooed me to sleep softly.

I think that the owl tries to get me to trust my gut.

Thinking back, there are a couple of other animals that seem to come and go at certain places in my life. But the owl is the first one I have figured out.

Looking forward to other stories,
Sea

WhiteRaven

seaofclouds said:
Thinking back, there are a couple of other animals that seem to come and go at certain places in my life. But the owl is the first one I have figured out.

Owl, for me, has always been a warning sign. It screeches to me "heads up! Pay attention! Something isn't right or somebody is being sneaky"

Never fails.
Yes, there are many animals that will step right in front of you as you go along in life...just the other day I saw my first real blue jay. I didn't even know it existed here in Quebec. I've never seen a real one. It brought a message of it's own to me. It happens. But for Owl to significantly make such an impression on you...he could very well be your totem or one of them at least. He seems to appear to you more often since that incident with the fake reader. So I would say that he is a totem and is riding on your shoulder for some time... :)
I go check in a bit on "Owl" and post it here like I did snake.