Golden dawn tarot - dissed decks....

Freddie

Hi,

Anyone else here feel attracted or use decks that are dissed by buyers or get poor reviews.

I got a Golden dawn tarot deck (1977 U.S. Games edition painted by wang) and I really like it. I payed $2.50 for it on eBay. The minors are plain with no meaning pictures on them. I find that as I advance in tarot that I like them that way at times. I know some people that hate these types of decks and think I'm nuts to read with them. Maybe I am LOL..... Studying the Kabb. helps folks.

This deck has the most beautiful The Fool card I've ever seen. It's a little boy with a dog and he's reaching up to touch the blossom of a fruit tree while the other hand points toward the ground while holding the leash for his dog. "As it is above, so it is below". It took me awhile to pick upon the symbolism...LOL... The lovers is a wierd one and kind of all wrong to me, but I can live with it, it doesn't have a wedding scene on it. The Hanged Man is really cool, but the dude is in a swimming type outfit. Perfect card, but the swim suit is all wrong in my humble opinion. I'm a hetro guy (but who cares who is what anyway, I don't!!!) and I like breasts of course, but I think they could have put tops on the Princess cards, because I'd feel funny reading with them to certain women. All in all I like this somewhat plain watercolor painted deck, but to be honest it feels very masculine to me (yes I admit I like that) and I'm not sure that I know any women that would like this deck. If you ever get the chance to check out The Fool card do it.

One persons trash tarot could one day another persons tarot treasure.

Anybody else here like an unpopular dissed deck?

Freddie

tarotbear

Actually, Freddie, in science-fantasy art - I've always wondered why there are no flat-chested women. Any women with breasts that large would never wear a bra without underwires, and could never swing those oversized broadswords around! ( just my opinion, folks!).

I have the Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot, and maybe it's just the way they are drawn, but I wish the Princesses would wear something- even a halter top - rather than stand there with their boobs in the faces of the clients.

deso

I'm a woman - have the deck - like it :)

Freddie

Hi All,

Cool..... I was wrong, sorry. Citizen do you find the colors relaxing? I do. I'd just like to change a few of their outfits lol... Someone needs to wake the Magician up too. I'm going to try to get the book by Wang for these cards soon. "The Qabbalah Tarot" book by Wang looks good too.

Tarotbear I'll have to check that deck out. Topless there too, eh.

Freddie

purplelady

The motherpeace is one of my favorite decks , so doesn't that say it all?! I don't have the golden dawn deck , but I think I know which one you are talking about, and might get it sometime in the future. I have nothing against "masculine " decks or decks percieved as such.
I think that if you know what you like , then reviews or opinions shouldn't matter so much. I think that if you already own and have connected with a deck , then opinions on reviews are of interest , but won't sway your opinion of a deck. I think maybe if a person finds themselves attracted to a certain deck , but then reads negative reviews before they buy it , it may indeed make them think twice, or decide against the deck.
Some of The most popular decks I put in the "o.k." catagory. Like the Robin Wood. I think it may be best for spellwork . For a reading deck I find it very masculine! I have never heard that opinion before and wonder if anyone else finds it so? Something about the artwork , all the people or faces look angular.Plus when I read with it , I tend to get cards with mostly men , or the reading is about a man , (or for a man )when that wasn't really my question?! So , well , obviously everyone has their own opinion on various decks , some more opinionated than others! However I try to rarely if ever "dis" a deck , because , well , I think there's something for everyone and that their choices are right for them.