Shapeshifter - WOWWY

cj

Hi all,

A friend just showed me her Shapeshifter Tarot deck. It's amazing...there are key words on the cards, but what got me was the symbols. She doesn't read and bout them because of the images...I read with the deck and was able to sense meanings.

The suites of wands and swords seems reversed..wands is air and swords is fire. But that was just covered.

It is now on my long list of I WANTS.

any input on this deck.

cj

Kiama

I agree that the images for this deck are stunning. As always, Lisa Hunt's artwork is at it's best (She also did teh Celtic Dragon Tarot with DJ Conway). I like the Earthy feel of this dekc.

However, I find it rather difficult to read with, mainly cuz of the three extra cards, which I think, take it further away from tarot. As mch as I appreciate Sirona Knight's interpretation of those three cards, I would prefer to leave them out.

The symbolism is everywhere, and very deep, which is good. But sometimes, I find the pictures do not grab me and shake me into interpretation.... I think I would prefer to use this deck as a pathworking tool. And as a collector's deck.

Kiama

Solandia

There are images and a long guest review of the Shapeshifter Tarot at Aeclectic Tarot...
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/shapeshifter/index.html

~ Solandia

GeminiLady

Thanks for the link :)

That is gorgeous. Ok, I want one too...

Gem

Jewel

I agree with Kaima ... I also have the deck. It is trully beautiful, but I really don't consider it a "Tarot" deck as the 3 extra cards don't work for me either. As a collector though I would never get rid of this deck. If you have not had a chance to look at the Celtic Dragon that Kaima mentioned, please do ... it is also beautiful and I find that it works well for me ...

nexyjo

the shapeshifter tarot was one of the first decks i got. i never was able to use it. the morphs got really tiring after a while, and i guess the deck just doesn't speak to me. i was very disappointed in it.

the celtic dragon tarot works much better, but still, i don't use that deck either. i do like it better though.

funny thing is, i've had chances to trade both decks, but held on to them...

luv and light,
nexy