Whats your favorite Rider Waite clone?

faunabay

With this question I mean the actual Pamela Coleman Smith drawings, just colored differently. :) As I muddle through the question.......
For example Universal, Golden, Albano, Original, etc.

I find I don't really care for the original, but I love the Universal. For those who have been paying attention I've posted before that I didn't own a Rider Waite deck. I learned with the Robin Wood. But recently I went to Barnes and Noble to buy the book "tarot for yourself" (great book!!!) and right in front of it was a universal deck. It just kind of jumped off the shelf into my hands. :) I've been using that deck while I go through the book. It's worked great and I find I just love the deck. Right timing I guess. :D

It's really strange to buy it NOW - after I've learned the basics. But now I'm drawn to the other versions of the RW as well. Still not the original I'm sorry to say. But I'm curious to see what others think of all the different colorizations. What's your favorite one?

truthsayer

i like the hanson roberts and art nouveau best. the HR is prob more clonish than the AN tho. i think my all time fav is the hoi polloi that i lost. :( i'm still trying to get a copy of the hoi polloi. i won a bid for one at ebay but they sent me an incomplete deck so i sent it back for a refund. the vender gave me my money back and i invested it into other decks...however,i'm heartsick i still haven't won a bid or something for one. right now i've given up on ebay.

EveAnna

I do like the Original Rider Waite, although the colours are very muted but my favourite, for the colours, has to be the Diamond tarot. I also like the Universal but don't own that one yet. :) Morgan Greer is a nice one too.

Kiama

Well, if I were to pick a Rider Waite clone that is coloured differently but with the same piccies, I would choose the Albano Waite... But if I was to say another deck which can be classed as a Rider Waite clone, I would say Robin Wood.

Kiama

nexyjo

i started out learning tarot with the original, but soon after i got the universal waite deck. i found it much different as far as readability, and still use it occasionally. so it would be my favorite exact clone.

for standard clones, the robin wood, followed by the tarot of the cloisters are my favorite decks. i use the robin wood as my main deck, and the cloisters as a "second opinion"...

luv and light,
nexy

purplelady

The universal waite is the only exact rider waite clone I have. I prefer the pictures and colors to the original rider-waite. If you consider these clones , the Halloween deck is fun, and I also really like cosmic tarot.

cSpaceDiva

Using PCS drawings, the Illuminated Tarot is my favorite. I don't have it yet, but it is on the veerrry long wish list.