418 Tarot

glamourbug

I have just seen the 418 tarot on the aeclectic tarot list and im wondering where i can get some more information about it?

I am very interested in this deck. Is there anyway to know if it is going to be published and when?

Lisa

AmounrA

The deck will be completed in 3 years. Two of the cards on site will be re-drawn at a later time (hanged man/wheel of fortune) . These where the first two to be drawn and as such are the weakest when it comes to opening a 'channel'. Card number 3, the empress, is the card that I felt I had the 'stone rolling'. Each card takes about two weeks to complete, and as a result it gives me two weeks to work out the next card to a higher standard.

Kiama

All I can say about this deck is WOW! I really like this deck, and I can't wait for this deck to be finished and published...

Kiama

AmounrA

The hangedman & wheel of fortune will be replaced on site in next few days. so check again for the two new ones.

Thanks for kind words. :)

glamourbug

AmournrA

When i first read you rmessage i thought you were mad lol. I thought the hanged man and the wheel of fortune were absolutely fine. I went back and had a look though and i can see what you mean. Although absolutely stunning they do have a slightly different feel to the other cards.

Either way i love this deck and cant wait for it to be published. Put my name down for a copy lol.

Lisa

AmounrA

Thanks Glamourbug,

The hanged man and wheel of fortune have now been replaced with 'the moon' and 'the fool', these cards are much more in keeping with the vibe of this deck. :)

glamourbug

They are lovely. I really admire the work you have done with this deck. may i ask if you personally draw each card?

I definitely want a copy of this..hurry up and get it finished lol.

Lisa

AmounrA

Hello Glamourbug,

I do personally draw/design each card myself, although the subject matter is very 'traditional' in the 'occult' sense of taro themes. In many ways they are a friendly thoth deck. They certainly come from the same angle as the thoth deck. Like them, they are also designed for pathworking using the framework of the tree of life.

I'm afraid that it will be 3 years before they are complete. I am fairly confident though that they will be published some time late 2003/2004. :)

Strange2

AmounrA:

The 418 Tarot deck looks wonderful! It reminds me in artistic style like the Neuzeit (New Age) Tarot by Walter Wegmuller, one of my favorite "expressive" decks. I wait in eager anticipation for the hopeful publication of your deck!

Is "418" inspired by Crowley's Liber 418, The Vision and the Voice?

AmounrA

Hello Strange2-

418. O' hidden star :)

The deck is for students of A:.A.:/Thelma, or rather , they would get the most out of them. Also though, the designs are ment to be attractive to users from outside this arena and taro novices.