Cosmic Tribe Tarot

Kiama

I was rather extravagant with my hard-earned wages yesterday, and bought three new tarot decks to add to my collection. The first was the Cosmic tribe Tarot.

This is an absolutely stunning deck. I'm not kidding! It is vibrant, colourful, each card seems to fit nicely with the others... It's really deep and symbolic. However, there is one point that means I can't read with it for many other people, such as youngsters...

Nobody in this deck (All real people, as this is a photo deck) is clothed. They are all shapes and sizes ;p and all naked! This is kinda offputting on the Hanged Man.... ;p

But I would strongly suggest this deck for any collector out there. Its absolutely stunning.

Kiama

Kaz

/me is surprised they let you buy it :p j/k...

I looked the decks up you bought, I only like the deck you hate, Crystal and Cosmic Tribe do not appeal to me, but the Haindl.....read my post in your other topic, I love it.

Kaz

faunabay

I've been looking at this deck. Not sure I would be able to read with it - too busy looking at the naked people LOL I don't have a problem with "the unclothed" :) but to have them on every single card??
I'll be curious to see how they work as you begin to use them. Keep us updated please.

kayne

Hey all,

I have been reading with this deck for over two years now and it is my favourite deck, for sure.

When you get used to the nudity it is really no big deal and as Stevee Postman (the illustrator of the deck) says, we are seeing the people for who they really are - except for "the moon" who is clothed because she has something to hide.

I love the blended spirituality and contemporary look of the cards - they really show their meanings.

Get over the nudity and let the cards speak to you. A fantastic deck!

K.

Kiama

Well, I'm over all the nakedness now, and I'm finding it actually quite easy with naked people on there. It just seems 'right' to me now.

And the cards are speaking to me so well it's unbelievable... There is a strange beauty in each card that I never thought I would find (To the extent I'm talking about) in any other photographic deck.... It's colourful, but at the same time is not too violent with the colour, so you can concentrate on it easily, and the symbolism is on my level of thinking (Pagan, etc etc...)

Basically, I 'get' this deck, and I can see us becoming great friends.

Kiama

purplelady

I too have recently aquired this deck. It was never even on my wish list 'til I happened upon the author's web site ,where every card is pictured. But I hadn't noticed all the Pierced body parts until I actually saw the deck in person! It is a very beautiful, different , and psychadelic deck though. There is SO much to look at on each and every card. Some cards I particularly like are the High Priestess ( maybe the coolest H.P. I have ever seen!) , the knight of cups , the hierophant. The order of the court cards are : Queen
Knight
Princess
Prince
Have not done a full reading yet , but have pulled one card at a time.

Kiama

Purplelady: I had excatly the same happen to me: I didn't really consider the deck until I saw the artists' website and all the acrds. Then it was a case of: "GOTTA GET ME THAT DECK!" And I did.

Kiama

tarotbear

Quote:Kiama (12 Nov, 2001 06:52):

Nobody in this deck (All real people, as this is a photo deck) is clothed. They are all shapes and sizes ;p and all naked! This is kinda offputting on the Hanged Man.... ;p

Kiama

:p :p Why? Which way does he 'hang'? :p :p :p [couldn't resist that one !] }> }> }>

Kiama

You have a wicked sense of humour Tarotbear: Never fails to make me laugh! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Kiama

divinerguy

I just bought the Cosmic Tribe Tarot, and its not for me. I know that most people love this deck, but there are too many naked men in it for my tastes.

If anyone wants it, I'm open to trades in the USA.

I like the Gendron, the Haindl, the Healing Tarot, Morgan-Greer and the New Palladini. Tarot of the Old Path.is pretty cool too. If you have something else you think is interesting, lemme know.

I also posted on the trades board, but I thought that Cosmic afficionados might see it here too.

Bright blessings,

Gary
e-mail me at divinerguy@hotmail.com