Goddess Tarot

dp4nrc991

I was thinking about buying the goddess tarot deck but first I wanted to get a few opinions. Positive or Negative opinions would be Helpfull. Thank you in advance!

cj

Quote:dp4nrc991 (23 Nov, 2001 09:27):
I was thinking about buying the goddess tarot deck but first I wanted to get a few opinions. Positive or Negative opinions would be Helpfull. Thank you in advance!

I purchased the deck a few months ago. I LOVE the artwork, but it doesn't pull me in. If you don't know much about Goddesses, Make sure you get the book.

Good luck

Lilliana

I'm thinking of buying this deck eventually, and would love to hear people's opinions of it too.

From what I understand, the minor arcana cards are based on the rider waite, so if you're already familiar with the symbollism it shouldn't be too hard to understand.

Check out http://www.tarotpassages.com/deckrev.html
They have three reviews of this deck.

Lilli

dare

the goddess tarot is very nice the major arcana is of the goddesses in history the lovers card is actually venus all you need really is to understand who the goddesses are and the little book that comes with it gives you a meaning of each one it is a very nice deck for a while i thought i was the only one who used it. good luck.

deso

I too own this deck. I have to agree with CJ - the artwork is beautiful. There is a soft, gentle quality to this deck. However, it doesn't seem to pull me in, either. I just kind of look at them and go "ahhhhh, you're so pretty" and that's it. But maybe I haven't worked enough with them. Maybe I should leave my angel decks alone for now and work with the goddesses, LOL. But I DON'T regret buying them. I will keep this deck forever because I do find it so beautiful!

truthsayer

i have had the goddess deck a couple years now and imho it bears little resemblance to the rws. there may be some details that are similar but it's a very feminist deck whereas the rws is more masculine. the art is done in soft pastels and is just gorgeous. i have had some good readings w/ it particularly involving questions about women's issues. a goddess represents each suit. the goddess come from multiple cultures. kwan yen, frigga?, athena or is it venus?, and isis? viking, egyptian, greek, and japanese i believe are the major goddesses used. it's not a deck i use often b/c it doesn't pull me in like my celtic decks, rohrig, hanson roberts, and vertigo do.

Marion

I have the Goddess Deck by Kris Waldheer, but I was in the local Wicca store today and there were three different decks, all labelled the Goddess tarot. The Waldheer one is very lovely, a bit outsized, done in watercolours. I think I am held back by a lack of knowledge of their stories. I have seen comments and posts from people who did know the stories well and found the cards very meaningful.