Least favorite Deck

dolphingirl

Hi We do our favorite decks alot but was wondering what your least fav deck was and why. You do not have to hate it but even just the one you click the least with.

Mine is the The Masquerade Tarot I bought it at the used book store and and it doesn't have any clues to the meaning in the artwork that I can find and the artwork is not beautiful on it's own.:)

Thanks
Samantha

Kaz

I have two decks, so it's easy to pick the one I least like. I have Osho Zen and the traditional Rider Waite, I bought the Osho deck because of its beauty and I don't like the RW deck. In the RW the "artwork" is absolutely not my taste. Still use it for study purposes though......

Kaz

glamourbug

I have two least favourite decks but i never seem to be able to successfully trade them so im stuck with them.

The first has to be the lor of the rings tarot. I loved th ebook and love looking at the cards but they just dont bond with me. I always struggle when reading with this deck and we just dont make a good team.

The second is the royal tarot. I was so excited about getting this deck and couldnt wait to start using it. Again it is a deck that doesnt seem to suit me. I expected this one to feel good and get me in the right frame of mind because it seemed traditonal and somehow modern at the same time but it's just a no go.

deso

I love all my decks (phew - I've got over 40 - good thing I love em all) :D The only deck that doesn't do much for me is the "Temple of Isis Tarot" deck I bought about 10 years ago. The major arcana has a stylized Egyptian God painted on - and that's it. The minor arcana are even more boring - just the number of the suit portrayed ........ for example, the six of crooks has exactly that - 6 sheperds crooks. ZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Lee

Hi --

There are several decks I'm not fond of, but one that jumps to mind is the Dreampower Tarot. It's got some intriguing Majors, totally non-traditional, but the Minors of each suit show the *same picture*, i.e. the 2 through 10 of each suit looks exactly the same, with the number of the card and a title printed below. It's as if the artist couldn't even be bothered to have the cards show different numbers of pips. What a ripoff!

-- Lee

Talisman

'Lo all,

Well, you know, this all sounds very negative, but . . .

I grew to actively dislike my second deck. I won't name it, because it is a very popular deck, and some of you probably use it and treasure it. I used to complain and rant about it here, and called it "Deck X."

It started with one card, and from there I grew to dislike the entire deck and then the deck's creator and then the books she wrote about the deck -- can you tell I'm foaming at the mouth? I shoud'a never purchased it, I should'a thrown it in the trash the day I brought it home, I should'a immolated it with a blowtorch, I should'a held it down and driven a wooden stake through its heart . . .

Finally, I gave the deck away to a collector.

There are so many wonderful, beautiful, well-thought-out decks out there, my advice is to not waste your time with any deck you don't like.

My hope for you is that you find at least one deck you really treasure.

Talisman

glamourbug

Ooh ooh Talisman i am intrigued. email me privately if you wont tell on here what deck you are talking about. My addy is tarot-reader@talk21.com

Lisa

faunabay

I'll bet I know which deck Talisman doesn't liiiikkkkke!!!! :p

Anyhoo -- the deck I dislike the most out of the ones I have right now is The Lord of the Rings (hi glamourbug :) ) doesn't do a thing for me.
But I haven't ever had a whole deck I totally hate, just a card out of a deck. The World card in Tarot of the Old Path (since traded). The blank white eyes on such a positive card like the World just creeped me out and stars coming out of her breasts (weird). I almost couldn't stand to look at it. Ooooooooo Yuck! It was such a shame because I really liked the rest of the deck. (shrug) But that card (shudder)....had to get rid of it.

Freddie

Sorry to say it has to be Thoth. Mr. Crowley gives me the creeps and everytime I look at the deck I feel like I'm supporting his belief system. I like alot of the cards (esp. The Lovers), but I just can't go "Mr. Crowley" at all. Different strokes for different folks.....

freddie

Andryh

I'm with Freddie...The Thoth deck is very unsettling to me. Others on my "list" are the Scapini, the Whimsical and any deck that is computer generated (ie. The Sacred Circle deck). For whatever reason, I never hit it off with these decks. Its interesting to hear about the decks people don't like for a change of pace!