SYMBOLON DECK

Dee 04

THE OTHER DAY I HAD A READING WITH THE SYMBOLON DECK. IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD SEEN IT AND ALTHOUGH IT IS AN ORACLE DECK, NOT TRADITIONAL TAROT DECK, I FOUND IT INCREDIBLE!

IT CAN, WITH GREAT DETAIL, TELL ABOUT ONE'S PAST LIVES AND ALSO DIVINE ABOUT THE PRESENT AND FUTURE.

HAS ANYONE WORKED WITH THIS DECK? WHAT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH IT?

Jewel

Hi Dee,

I have not worked with this deck but on a friends' recommendation I did purchase it. It is absolutly beautiful and I highly recommend it for anyone that is into Astrology and Mythology. It is published by U.S. games. Rumor had it (at the store I buy most of my decks at) that it was out of print, however it is still listed on the U.S. games site. I also understand that the TWB that comes with it is really really good! I look forward to getting some time to explore this deck further!

Love & Light,

Dee 04

interesting... I thought it was published by Agmuller... hmmm...

faunabay

I had to go search and see what this deck looked like -- and of course I want it !!! Thanks alot - now I have another deck to add to my wishlist ??? LOL
I found it listed on Amazon.com for $25, but they also had a used one for $21. If it's out of print it has to have jsut been recently.

jmd

Quote:Dee (27 Nov, 2001 01:35):

A number of decks copyrighted and distributed by USGames are printed by AGMuller in Switzerland...

It may be the case in this instance too...

Jewel

Quote:Dee (27 Nov, 2001 01:35):

As stated by JMD this deck is by AGmuller but distributed by US Games. I saw the deck on the US games site last week. US Games distributes several of the AGmuller decks just as Llewellyn carries some of the Le Scarabeo decks. I really think you will like this deck, I would not trade mine for the world (and that is that I do not even time to use it).

Jewel

Quote:faunabay (27 Nov, 2001 05:14):
I had to go search and see what this deck looked like -- and of course I want it !!! Thanks alot - now I have another deck to add to my wishlist ??? LOL
I found it listed on Amazon.com for $25, but they also had a used one for $21. If it's out of print it has to have jsut been recently.

~Giggles~ yeah I know what you mean, thanks to you I want the Alchemical Tarot *LOL*. Guess we are even ;) I think that the rumor I heard that it was OOP was just that, a rumor. I heard that about a year ago, maybe a little less and me and I purchased the last copy the store had, but was able to attain an extra 2 copies for 2 really good friends as the distributor the store I go to had 4 copies left. I just wanted to be on the safe side. One of my 2 friends uses that deck alot and she sais the readings are right on and that she absolutly loves it! All I can tell you from my experience is that the cards are evocative and absolutly beautiful. Definetly something you would want to add to your collection! Hope you are able to get a copy and enjoy it!

deso

I'm entranced.............must get Symbolon..............must get Symbolon.......drool, drool, drool...........must get Symbolon..........

Lee

Hi --

Just to offer a different perspective, I bought this deck, took it home, opened the box, and before I unwrapped the cards, I looked through the LWB, which was lucky for me, because the LWB contains pictures of each card. After looking through it I took the deck back to the store and was able to get my money back because the cards were still shrinkwrapped.

What I saw of the deck gave me the heebie-jeebies. Several of the cards seemed to reflect a sort of stern, grim Calvinism, with people being chased through cemeteries, several Devil or Devil-ish cards, and one particularly unpleasant card called, if I remember correctly, "Abortion," showing a woman throwing a baby-wrapped bundle into a roaring fireplace.

It's not that every card in a deck has to be goody-goody, but this one was particularly creepy.

Just my two cents --

Lee :)

faunabay

Lee,
eeeeeuuuuuu!!!!!

I still like the cards I've seen but maybe I'll take a look at more.