Which deck?

luv_lady

I would like to know if you fall in love with the first deck you bought ..
Im trying to find one but I dont know which one to take!
First of all, I wanted to buy Rider-Waite Tarot but I looked to the others and I was thinking to take Fantastical Tarot, New Palladini Tarotor or maybe Ukiyoe Tarot..
Please help me in my choice..
Thanks
oh. by the way, sorry for my english cuz im a french person..!

faunabay

The first 2 decks I got I didn't like. Then I got the Robin Wood and loved it. Now of course I'm hooked and have over 25. LOL
Just realize that it's not a big deal if you buy a deck that doesn't work for you. That's why we have the trading boards. :)
I've found I can't really tell if a deck will work with me until I take it home, do a few spreads and see how it "talks" to me.
So try a deck you find interesting. You might find "your" deck or you might get to look for another. Looking and buying are half the fun as many here on the forum will tell you. LOL

faunabay

Actually the Rider Waite or a deck based on it would be the best to learn from as many, many books are written with that deck in mind. For example the Robin Wood (my favorite), Hanson-Roberts, Universal Waite....
But again don't limit yourself. If you're drawn to another different deck I say go for it.
There are some people who bought a Rider Waite deck to study with and have another deck they actually do readings with. Just do what feels right to you.

luv_lady

I have looked for Robin Wood, it looks beautiful, but i dont know, it dont tells me!
Im just 14 and I want the good deck hehehe..
I have never done reading so I want something simple.
maybe I'll got Ukiyoe Tarot cause it looks like Marseille or Rider-Waite, and it is beautiful, but it only have 3 stars? .. did you ever try it?
well thanks again!
bye bye

Talisman

'Lo, luv_lady,

Well, if I were French, or if I were fluent in French, I would get "Le Tarot de Chien."

I have only seen scans of a few of the cards, but was really impressed. They are not cute, as one might expect, but seem to be really well thought out.

I envy your language ability. The world is open to you.

Talisman

luv_lady

Hi Talisman,

I took a look at "Le Tarot de Chien" but it don't interess me.. I don't want something with animals.

I really appreciated this: The secret to magic is knowing what to wish for. If you wish for things you're not going to get, your magic will never work.

It is very cute even if i don't really understand clearly.. =)

Bye bye
xxx

DeLani

Hi luv lady,
At least you have narrowed your choices down to three... that's a good start!
Of those three, I think the New Palladini would be the best for a beginner. The Fantastical and Ukiyoe are too different from the "standard," so you might have a harder time learning them.
If you like the bright, vivid colors of the New Palladini, you might also look at the Connolley Tarot.
So there's my advice! Hope it helps!
DeLani

luv_lady

Hi DeLani!

At my big surprise I tought that Ukiyoe was very similar to the "standard", so Im in between The New Palladini, The Ukiyoe Tarot, or the Rider-Waite..

I had take off the Fantastical from my list, at least.
And what do you think about the Ranaissance Tarot (Brian Williams)??
I don't know either!!

I'll took a look to the Connolley Tarot and tell you back my point!
Thanks for your help..

Bye bye
xxx

luv_lady

Hi Again DeLani..

I looked for the Connolly Tarot and I think it is too delightful for me . It didn't click!

You know why I have been interressed by the Ukiyoe? I really loved the drawing and the colors and i reconized a lot of details I was familiar with. But Im not a chinese person and there is a lot of things that doesn't belong to me, like their pentacles are lucky money, ect..

Im not sure you'll understand me, but thanks again.

Im all mixed up now, anyways
Bye bye
xxx

luv_lady

Maybe you'll more understand if I tell you that Chinese people put symbols of their religion and culture in the drawing of the decks..
Ciao!