$2.50 Tarot

GoserGosarian

Just an announcement... I followed another user's thread and went to Barnes & Noble to check out a sale. Right now, theres a 75% off sale, including a discontinued tarot deck/book combo called "The Art of Tarot"....after the discount (its only $10 without) the total comes to 2.50! Both Barnes & Noble stores here have it... I bought 4. Anyways, just a hot tip. Decent art, too.

divinerguy

I have this one, if its the same as mine, the pips do not have pictorial illustrations.

Faerie Lin

heheheheheh Yesssss You had the chance to get on this AWESOME SALE. Wohoooo! Isn't it a big tarot high to find a deck this cheap!!! I liked the art too; the leaves made out of words and also the clothes ect.... pretty darn cool.

Did you get anything else? journals, books? I LOVE SALES!

Lin

GoserGosarian

Yeah I made out like a bandit !!!!

Actually I bought about 6 decks total (not bad for $15), and have given away 3 so far to friends.... way cool...

Then I bought a killer book called "The Tarot Directory" by Annie Lionnet.... a beautiful book, although pretty basic.... its like a hardcover version of a book that would accompany a deck.... only 9 bucks. The pictures are amazing though... and inside it's tabbed and spiral bound so one can jump to the different suits/chapters etc.... REALLY cool. This is THE book I was looking for as I dont have a lot of experience reading.

I found a 20-pound encyclopedia of hockey (I play/worship Lord Stanley) for like 5 bucks... and then on the way out I found a book by Clive Barker called the A-Z of Horor... with great writing/pictures...again 5 bucks.... man I love sales like that.

Oh...my oroginal intention was to start collecting decks... so I picked up the Rider-Waite deck, the Thoth deck and the Goddess deck... but no sale on those...

GoserGosarian

Oh...and isnt that an interesting Devil card? The woman in the red dress with the angle/devil on each shoulder?

Faerie Lin

You are my kind of shopper!!!!!

I know the tarot dictionary you are talking about!! Very nice reference book, nice to look at! I think I may get that soon. I had ALMOST got it that day when I got those cheap decks. I am always putting things back at the last minute when I'm in a store. My mom brainwashed me when I was a kid with sayings like "You don't really want that." and "Do you really need that?" lol.

A 20lb book, wow. And about something you are obsessed with! Great find! My husband just recently got some clive barker books from this discount used bookstore, I really should read them.

That devil card is the coolest, nice to see something different!!!!

75% off... My kind of freakin sale!!

Lin

Starfish

Quote:Originally posted by Faerie Lin
You are my kind of shopper!!!!!

I know the tarot dictionary you are talking about!! Very nice reference book, nice to look at! I think I may get that soon.

I purchased that on my sale day at Barnes and Noble too! It's definitely a great book. Congratulations on your great finds, Goser!

:T4W Starfish

Sorceress_Jade

I became a perfered reader and now get a discount even on the already 75% off items! YAY, unfortunately my B&N only had Thoth and Aquarian right now. I have an oversized thoth and thought about getting the smaller one. I'm afraid i'll stop using the large one if i do tho :( So i refrained.

:D u gonna sell the extra ones you bought? Probably bring in a pretty penny in auction.

GoserGosarian

Im not intending to sell them... perhaps Ill trade, as Im starting to collect..... if theyre all gone or you cant find any more, let me know...

Faerie Lin

I bought and extra Medieval Scapini, thinking about trading it also. Also have a lord of the rings, but I don't think anyone wants that! lol

Lin