"Come on, Own up, what decks do U have" Special instructions for tally

Mimers

Hi everybody,

If you participated in this thread, I have some special requests. I have volunteered to tally up the numbers into excel. They will be closing this thread in a few days and we are asking that every one go and edit their posts for the final list.

Here are some things you could do to make things A LOT easier for me.

1. Go back to your original post and make a list.
example:
deck a
deck b
deck c

This way I can just copy and paste into excel.

2. To keep titles of decks uniform please put the entire title of the deck. If the first word of the title is 'The', leave that word out. No abreviations, ex RWS. This way when I do subtotals in excell, it will include all the decks.

3. Update you original post to include all your current decks. They will be deleting all but your first post.

Thanks folks!

Mimers

felicityk

What if there is more than one deck of the same name? How do you want us to specify the artist?

Also, if a deck is titled in another language, do you want the English title, the original language, or both? For example, would you want me to list Elisabeta Trevisan's Lo Scarabeo deck as Crystal Tarot or Tarocchi di Vetro?

Felicity

Pollux

I think that adding author or publisher in brackets might do.
And probably the way to go is English titles if there's more than one.

Thanks anybody helping us all out. ;)
And thank you Mimers! :D

Mimers

Thanks Pollux, that sounds like the way to go.

If you are still not sure, then list it as it appears here on the Aeclectic list. That is of course unless it is not there. If it isn't though, I don't thinks many others would have it, so we should be ok.

I am just trying to keep things as uniform as possible. Less room for error.

Mimers

Icestorm

Just a thought, it might help if this thread was made temporarily 'sticky' so that everyone can see it.
Remember, there was ALOT of people who posted on the original thread.

Khatruman

Can you give us a timeline on this tally? That way we know how long we have to clean up our acts, or, for us raging tarotholics, how long we have to edit and add these new decks we keep getting!!! *L*

Pollux

There is some info on the thread itself actually. Tomorrow, same time I am writing now more or less, the thread will be closed down for a while as planned. It won't take much hopefully. But editing with the thread closed is allowed all the same, so don't worry! :) Once we start editing and playing it, this thread might be deleted - and actually I thought I had made it sticky already... *LOL*. The posts should be kept up-to-date. Probably, the best way to go after Mimers has compiled the list, would be to keep the list itself stuck, and have the original "Come on..." thread bumped up every now and then with people editing it. So Mimers and/or the others helping can simply look at the updating posts and modify the original list accordingly. Maybe we could keep a sort of routine, like updating the list every month? What do you guys think?

RedWood

OK...What I am doing to make it simpler...Is Updating..my very FIRST list..then every other post from there..I am going to edit and write "delete" in the post...this way the moddies dont have to read thru each one..just to make sure..I vote for everyone else doing it this way also!

Pollux

Very good suggestion Redwood! :)
Something like "delete this entry/post" might do.
So we can skip the post and don't have to check the original list of each member...

THANK YOU!

Mimers

Hi everyone! I appreciate what all of you are doing to make this easier for me. I will start working on it during the week. Next weekend I will be away, but hopefully I can get it done this week.

Mimers