M. K. Greer's New Book!

Logiatrix

...it's "The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals".
it includes (for all 78 cards) brief upright meanings, extensive modern and traditional reversed meanings, reversed keywords, spreads, elemental dignities, a sample reading, and a really neat application of reversals in something called "the heroine's journey".
i haven't read through all of the meanings yet, but i'll keep you posted. so far, it is proving to be the best resource i've found on reversals--and i've certainly been looking! i haven't been using reversals, because i've never found a way to learn them properly. maybe this is the book that will help...we shall see.
:)

Umbrae

The book rocks...
And you may have some spare time coming up in which to study!
There is always a bright side to everything.
...the book rocks...

Phoenix

It's on my list!!

catlin

Sounds pretty interesting. I was several times tempted to order it but wanted to wait until one of you comments it.

VGimlet

I am using this book during my current study sessions, and have been getting a lot of insights, since she also explains the upright meanings as well. The one I'm using right now is a library book, but I am planning on getting a copy to keep.

Lee

I just bought the book today. After reading some of it, I'm very excited about it -- I think it's going to really reinvigorate my tarot studies, particulary concerning card interpretations, not just reversed but upright as well.

-- Lee

Logiatrix

yep!

that's exactly right, lee...this book is quite "re-invigorating" for tarot study. it has certainly brought me back to trying reversals. i love ms. greer's writing, she explains this stuff so very well!
i highly recommend this book to all, beginners especially. if i'd had this book when i was first learning card meanings, i'd be seriously proficient at BOTH upright and reversed meanings by this time. despite the title, this book actually covers ALL meanings. i think it is definitely a "keeper," and quick to become one of those classic "must haves" for every tarot library.
no, m.k. greer did not pay me to rave about her book--i'm truly quite pleased! usually, when i see an new book out, i wait a little while, to hear about it, and perhaps even to find it second-hand. however, as i said before, i have continually struggled with reversals, so i was willing to take a chance on a new book by a noted tarot expert on the subject. i am glad i did!

Jewel

I have the book, and I must confess that I have not had time to read it yet, but knew I had to have it. When it comes to Tarot Authors I will pretty much get anything by Mary Greer and Rachel Pollock without batting an eye lash (except for Ms. Pollock's tarot deck which does not suit my taste). I am glad to hear all the raves about it!

You might also want to take a look at Mary Greers new edition of Tarot for Yourself. It has been updated, the charts are better and simpler to follow, she has incorporated elements from the Tarot Constellations workbook (which is currently OOP), and in addition has added reversals ... just thought I would pass that on.

Kellinator

I caved and bought Tarot Reversals today. I couldn't really afford it, but it was calling to me!! It looks awesome and I can hardly wait to read it. Thanks for the recommendations, everyone -- otherwise I might never have picked it up.

Which is better, Tarot Reversals or 78 Degrees of Wisdom? And what do people think of Janina Renee's books?

Lee

Hi, Kellinator --

78 Degrees is a good book if you want to start getting into the mythological correlations of the cards, and is also a fascinating book in general.

I think Tarot Reversals is a better book for the nuts and bolts of doing readings, but perhaps not for folks who are real beginners.

I've looked at Janina Renee's Tarot for a New Generation, and I think it's an excellent all-around book for beginners or for anyone else.

Just my 2 cents! :)

-- Lee