Emotionally drained

bladeraven

I've been so emotionally drained...I have a few people I need to do a reading for..but right now I feel like what hides underneath my refrigerator...I've been refraining from doing any readings right now..but would love insight on what to do on days when one feels like that and is uanble to read??

HudsonGray

I don't know if you use meditation, but there's a format that you follow which makes your body relax and drop tension, which also clears the mind. It takes about 20 minutes.

There's a good walk-through on this site: http://www.psipog.net/activepsy/book2.html#_Toc472931485 It's in plain language and it is referred to as 'grounding' and 'centering' (they work together). Try that and see if you feel a lot more alert and in tune. It can't hurt! Oh, do it sitting up, if you lay down then your body thinks you just want to go to sleep & you get no benefit.

bladeraven

I like that..thank you..going to print it out so I can read up on it...Heavens I need it right now.

Teranar

Just not do what Teranar do. He continue to say no, people ignore him and his reason, and then he reaches breaking point, screams at people, and becomes hermit only talking to kind internet friends until he recovers from breakdown. He should get away from people who do this to him, but he never seem to.
.Zeromage

Fudugazi

Hello Balderaven, I am sorry to hear you are under the weather.

My recipe :

take a good scented bath, surround yourself with all the candles you can afford, listen to some music you love that can both soothe and energise you. Eat plenty of fruit, yoghurt and meat (if you are a carnivore, if not, get yourself some extra protein). Go to bed early.

Then, and only then, get out your favourite tarot and look through the suit of coins. Slowly. Think about those lovely cards showing nice earthy things and how to take care of yourself and husband your strength to grow firm and abundant again. Don't try to read them, just look and notice what is on the cards. After that, look through the cups and the clubs -cups for self-love, clubs for energy, and do the same as with the coins. Meditate on one or two of the Majors. The Magician is a good one, and the High Priestess - outer and inner knowledge and strength, wherewithall. The Empress, too, for vital energy, and the Sun. When I say meditate, I mean look and think and try and enter the card imaginatively, unless you have some meditative technique already.

When you feel more with it, start with short readings for yourself and other people - 2 or 3 cards. You'll be back in the saddle in no time.

And in the meantime, just explain to the people you are supposed to read for you are not up to it yet and can they take a rain check. I am sure people will understand. It sounds like Christmas has drained you!

Oh - and watch a good comedy that will have you rolling about. Nothing like laughter to make us feel alive again! :D

smokey

Helvetica wrote:
My recipe :
take a good scented bath, surround yourself with all the candles you can afford, listen to some music you love that can both soothe and energise you. Eat plenty of fruit, yoghurt and meat (if you are a carnivore, if not, get yourself some extra protein). Go to bed early.
And in the meantime, just explain to the people you are supposed to read for you are not up to it yet and can they take a rain check. I am sure people will understand. It sounds like Christmas has drained you!
Oh - and watch a good comedy that will have you rolling about. Nothing like laughter to make us feel alive again! :D

Well, There you Go! (all the advice is good; this is my personal fave, and also what works for me too, just when reading for myself alone.)
Hope you feel Better soon!!!

bladeraven

Teranar wrote:Just not do what Teranar do. He continue to say no, people ignore him and his reason, and then he reaches breaking point, screams at people, and becomes hermit only talking to kind internet friends until he recovers from breakdown. He should get away from people who do this to him, but he never seem to.
.Zeromage

OMG...LOL...I just now read this post and laughing my butt off...LOL...Thank you..I needed that...OMG...LOL