grounding

jade

perhaps some of us could share our own unique ways of grounding ourselves.

here's one of mine.

a simple and very effective grounding is:

visualize a star. a beam of pure white light is radiating out of it's core and coming down thru the sky towards you. see the beam coming down thru your 7th chakra and moving down your spine to your base (1st) chakra. at this point it splits into three cords. one goes straight down, thru your base, out of your body and into the ground. the other two cords run down your legs and out thru the chakras on the soles of your feet. the three cords meet up again in the ground (floor) under you and twirl around each other (for added strenghth). visualize them running thru the earth, thru an underground stream (the water is cleansing) and to the center of the earth where they fasten themselves to the center. then cirle that fastening (whatever it becomes thru your med.) three times (with the grounding cord energy) and then swirl the cord upwards around the other (three) cords up to your feet. then circle the cord around your body and at your 7th chakra, continue circling the energy around your cord until you get to your star. cirle the star three times to fasten it to the star.

you are very grounded. with practise this will eventually take about 3 seconds to do!

blessed be.
jade

Jeanette

Jade, I'll try this. Every other grounding visualization I've tried doesn't work, I'm just not able to accomplish it. I just end up getting sleepy. Thanks! Jeanette

truthsayer

i tend to get sleepy w/ a sitting grounding meditation, too, jeannette. i've found grounding while moving more effective for me. i go outside and feel the earth beneath my feet. i look at the sky or the stars. i observe the trees. i walk around and soak it in. i touch grass or earth or sand or tree bark w/ my hands and image myself as being a part of the great circle of life. taking a shower works, too. i don't know if this is necessarily grounding but it does help--it's called a body blessing. you can make it as simple or as ritualized as you want it to be. after a shower, i like to take an essential oil like lavendar and bless my body and chakras before i get dressed. it really makes me feel great. some ppl do the body blessing with candles, incense, music,etc. but that's usually too time consuming for me.

purplelady

This is my interpretation of the grounding exersise from the "motherpeace" book, which I always do before a tarot reading. Sit on the floor (or couch or wherever ) preferably cross legged . Feel and be aware of your spine from the base of your head to your tailbone. Then imagine you have a tail growing straight to the center of the earth. Pull the warm earth energy up through your tail throughout your whole body. Then imagine the crown of your head , out of it grows a crown, star , or even cup , it opens up and takes in the energy of the sky and stars into your body. Then imagine your heart chakra opening and breathing Love in and out with every breath. This will only take a few seconds with practice also.

nexyjo

i am writing an ongoing story - it's written in the third person, but it's about me, and i post it on my website in chapters. i wrote one chapter not too long ago which tells about grounding and centering. again, it's in a story format, but it does decribe pretty well how i ground.

The Ritual
She kneels at his altar, as she does every morning. The sun crests over the horizon, and filters through the thin, horizontal blinds in strips of light, filling the room with energy. She has her wand in her hands, the amethyst tip pressed against her forehead, as she calms her thoughts, and settles in for her morning prayers. When her mind and body are calm, she begins the simple ritual.

She locates each energy center in her body, and focuses on each one in turn - her crown, then third eye, throat, heart, solar plexus, tummy, and finally tail bone, and feels her astral body aligning with her physical one, centering herself. When all the centers are lined up, a white light shoots out from each end, one going deep within the earth, tapping into the vast energy there, and the other shooting straight up into the infinite. She is a speck of life on a thread of energy, stretched through time and space, in a straight line as it curls through the curvature of the universe, to come back around to where it started.

She feels the energy flow through her, clearing out all the negativity there. The bright white light burns it out of her, filling her with peace and calm. She feels the love and light of the goddess fill her, then pulls up healing energy, and strength, and the femininity of the earth element. Each energy center along her spine is spinning in a ball of it's color, and she radiates pure light, basking in it. Her body aligned, her spirit grounded, she begins to rebuild her shields.

The light surrounding her forms a crust, getting harder quickly, until it forms a sphere, with a mirrored surface. She sees little packets of negativity thrown at her, but they merely bounce off the sphere, reflected back in the direction from which they came. That little man, who is there every morning, holding his hammer, ready to test the strength of her shield, slams it with all his might. It too just bounces off, with such force that he looses his grip on it. It flies through the air, and hits the ground in the distance. She thanks him, and he walks off to retrieve his hammer. She doesn't know where he comes from, but is thankful he is there to help her, so she always remembers to thank him.

Grounded and centered, with her shield in place, she begins her prayers. She prays for health, strength, and love. She prays for help with her challenges, and a little of that infinite divine wisdom. She asks for help in respecting all things, and to be reminded that the greatest power of all, is love. And she offers her thanks for all that she has, and all that the goddess has given her and helped her with. Her friends, her therapist, her family, her co-workers, and her boyfriend - well, her ex boyfriend. She does offer thanks for the experience though, as she learned much while they were together. And for the clarity to see her path. And the wisdom to have taken it. She closes with a "blessed be", and meditates for a time.

?2001 nexyjo, all rights reserved, no portion of this publication may be reproduced in whole or part without written permission from the author

sorry, i had to clip it a bit - apparently there's a limit on the length of each post. if you're interested in reading the rest of the story, it's on my site, under "about me".

luv and light,
nexy

cj

Quote:Jeanette (21 Oct, 2001 07:18):
Jade, I'll try this. Every other grounding visualization I've tried doesn't work, I'm just not able to accomplish it. I just end up getting sleepy. Thanks! Jeanette

Hi all,

Am I doing this wrong. I tried grounding twice so far (at night-in bed before I went to sleep). It was a strange experience.

I envisioned myself on "My Beach" with the waves of energy. I pulled energy down from the light (Think it was sun..strange colors around it) and pulled it through me and down to the sand and back up again.
As the energy was going through, I felt my body start to feel like lifting twards the light. When I stopped it, it felt like I had stood on my toes with my head back.

Is this normal - what happened..remember I am a NEWBE

cj

jade

cj,

that is a beautiful grounding exercise. i would suggest that you take the energy below the sand, down to the center of the earth and back up again. that way you won't just be grounded to the stars, but also to the earth......more balanced.

(and you won't be standing on your toes that way)

love and light,
jade
ps let me know how this works for you.

New River

grounding is so important with energy work. and all work is energy work when i think about it.

for magical work i use a visualization of becoming a tree and roots coming from my toes to go deep into the earth. i feel my branches extend toward the light and feel its energy come through them, down my trunk and into my roots.

for grounding and revitalizing energy i like walking and paying attention to my feet touching the earth.

for grounding and relaxing i like showers. some of my best inspirations come while in the shower. i am a water person and being immersed or even around water is like a primal connection for me.

often during the day, i will simply call for whilte light to encompass and protect me as the need or thought arises.

i think any grounding technique is based on our intent. if we want it and ask for it, it will happen. i enjoy feeling the differences in each technique.

nexy: your words paint beautiful pictures.

love, light and hope, New River

Malachite

..close your eyes, and feel the touch of the air on your skin. Breath deeply, hold it in for a fractional amount of time and then exhale, not too quickly. Keep your mind on where you feel your skin ending, but now bring into that your visualisation of your internal spirit, that part of the Divine that is your own. Let it seep up to the edge of your being, then slowly spread out into the world. Feel the edge of your sensory perception put out roots into the sky and earth, joining you between the two.
Fix your sensation of this, take as long as you want. If you feel confident about that, it is possible to open your eyes when you are ready, and still keep the sensation.

as a note, I usually hold a pendant or mandala when i do this, to make the edge of my physical being clearer.

OR...if you prefer to meditate to music...
As before, close your eyes and take at least one deep in/exhalation.
Focus on the sounds, and, strangely enough, your ears. Visualise in whatever way you choose, the energy of the sounds passing in through your ears, and out through one of the upper body chakras, possibly third eye. By this time you may well be more than usually aware of the chakra at the back of your head...excuse me for forgetting which one that is... relax and let as much of your spirit as you feel comfortable with flow with the energy around you. I feel this more in contact with the air than with any other element, although this may vary from person to person...

any good?

jade

malachite,

welcome to the forum.

in your last post you mentioned a chakra at the back of your head. are you speaking of the 'back side of your third eye chakra'? or the one that is at the back of some people's head in the depression/top of neck/spine?

blessed be.
jade