Reiki

GeminiLady

Hi all,
I have recently started becoming interested in Reiki. What is it? Does it work? Can anybody really learn it? And most of all, can I really help people with it?

I see a lot on the web about it, but I'd love to hear from some of you who study/teach it.

Love and Light,
Gem

New River

hi GeminiLady! the best short definition of reiki that i know is Universal Life Energy.

and yes, it absolutely does work.
Anybody can learn it and you can help more than just people with it!

i recommend going to an actual physical class rather than trying to learn just from books altho there are some really good books out there. my fav is Essential Reiki by Diane Stein.

i do reiki on my houseplants, pets, myself, my home, even started my car in 23 below zero weather one time by giving reiki to the battery!

hope this help to keep your interest up!

love, light and hope, New River

Dee 04

Yes - everyone can learn it - if you are open to learn and to heal that is! You can learn anything!! Reiki is great. Some people here even Reiki their decks!

If and when u study Reiki let us know how it goes for you!

Dee 04

Yes - everyone can learn it - if you are open to learn and to heal that is! You can learn anything!! Reiki is great. Some people here even Reiki their decks!

If and when u study Reiki let us know how it goes for you!

blue

Yup, it works all right.

There are a lot of books out there and they run the gambit from wonderful, like Stein's book to positively dreadful, so look them over before you buy.

However, learning about Reiki isn't enough. Stein was one of the first to actually publish the secret symbols used in Reiki but even knowing them won't do you a lot of good if you haven't had an attunement from a Reiki Master / Teacher. The classes and attunements for level 1, 2 and 3 used to be outragous. Something like $10,000 for a level three attunement.

Now thing have changed in most places. Teachers are beginning to realize the every living thing on this earth needs healing and that healing is needed NOW. The time for exclusivity is over.

Several years ago when I went through the training the price was very reasonable. Training in all three levels cost me in the hundreds, not the thousands like it once would have.

Also there are many different styles of Reiki today where there used to be only a few and the quality of the teacher vary greatly also.

Now with this in mind you might think it would be almost impossible to find the right teacher at the right time and the right price. Fear not! If some one like me can stumble into something as powerful and transforming as Reiki one evening while he was out looking for a piece of a**, you can be pretty sure some one like you, with an ernest interest will have not problem being guided to the right teacher. Just remain open and have faith in your guidence.

jade

hi, i'm a reiki master/teacher and reading books doesn't teach reiki.

reiki is not learned. reiki can only be passed on to you thru an attunement. a reiki master/teacher is the only person who can do this.

the attunement opens your chakra's to the vibration of the reiki energy. once you have been attuned you only need to have the intention to reiki....and it flows.

the more you use it, the bigger it grows.

reiki is a gift and performs many miracles. it is the same form of healing that jesus christ used. dr. usui in 1812 went in search of the understanding of jesus' healings and he found, in the sanskrit writings, 21 symbols.

he went onto a mountain top and meditated on the symbols and fasted for 21 days and then, he was blessed with the gift of reiki.

reiki not only heals those around you. it also speeds your own healing on a spiritual, mental, emotional, physical and sub-conscious level. so for example, if you were healing from childhood abuse....it would assist you in healing and you would heal faster.

your life also changes with your reiki. it 'speeds' things up and you learn your lessons quicker and obstacles can be removed by reikiing them. it also assists those who want to pursue a spiritual path and greatly increases your intuition.

i have a student who reikis her great-grandparents (they have passed on but she sends the healings back in time and space to them) and she has noticed a huge difference in everyone in her family.

reiki heals the cause not the symptoms. so if you have a headache it may not take it away, but it will go the source of the headache and begin to heal that!

namaste,
jade

GeminiLady

Wow! I can't believe that it isn't so widespread that everyone and their neighbor is learning. It sounds amazing.

I am definitly going to pursue this, it sounds like a great life experience.

Question: Will I have to fast/modify my diet? I saw something about a cleansing, and I want to gear myself up if I have to give up my chocolate. (Yes, I confess, I am a chocoholic!)

Thanks for your input, gang, I'm pumped! :D

Love and Light,
Gem

blue

There are always things you can do to cleanse yourself and speed up your healing and transformation but it's up to you.

In my experience, many of the things in life that aren't "useful" simply drop away with time. You change in some esential ways when you open yourself to Reiki and those changes naturally cause external changes in your life. Expect good things!

As you might be walking into a new stage of your life if you get involved with Reiki, the questions you'll have, at least in the beginning, will outgrow the scope of this forum. If I can be of any help during this period please feel free to email me. I'll will be happy to offer what experience I have as a teacher.

GeminiLady

blue,
Thank you so much for the offer of email help. I just might take you up on it when I reach that point :)

I'm having a hard time finding anyone really local, looks like I might have to travel a bit for the classes, but that's ok...I think it will be worth it.

Love and Light,
Gem

New River

Gem, i had my attunement 6 yrs. ago and it only cost me $150. and some art work.

reiki energy is very open to giving and receiving and some people might be open to exchanges like this.

love, light and hope, New River