Spreads/Layouts or NOT

Dee 04

Hello:

Just curious... do any of you not read with a set or specific spread or layout in mind?
Do you sometimes let your guide or intuition tell you were to place the cards during a reading? :)

ericadoe

Since I am relatively new to Tarot I stick to the Celtic Cross, though I have had friends show me other spreads that I have tried once or twice. I would think that as someone gets more intuned to their cards they would be able to develop spreads that are more comfortable and informative to them. Isn't that what it about anyway?

magnwa

I just picked up the book "Power Tarot". It has some of the finest spreads I've ever seen or used in the time I've been with the Tarot. I fully recommend it to anyone looking for new spreads :)

Sometimes, I use spreads, but don't realize I am, you know? I just thrwow cards, but know what it means after the cards are out.

Magnwa

Dee 04

That is exactly what I was referring to Magnwa!!!

EveAnna

I'm not over-keen on the Celtic Cross, I usually use a 6 or 9 card ppf spread then add extra cards to the future row. I don't always ask a question either just let the cards comment and see what comes out. :)

tarotbear

In 'Power Tarot' there is a five-card Wheel Spread that one of my classes used extensively and found that 5 cards gave them enough information to work with, while ten cards was WTMI!

12 o'clock Position- The Current Situation

3 o'clock - The Waning Influence

6 o'clock - The Hidden Influence

9 o'clock - The Emerging Influence

center position- The Synthesis of the Previous Four cards.

Try it and see! :-D :-D :-D

misifu

Again, because of my heritage (Hispanic/Gypsy) it is very common to not use a particular spread. I use many spreads but sometimes I just place 7 cards and read or 3, or sometimes place a significator card down and just start placing cards surrounding it or at random. Do what's best for you. By the way, the book "Power Tarot" does have some nice spreads in there for all kinds of things.
Lots of love,
Misifu.