The Black Cat Spread

Mesara

I came up with this one last night. Ive been mourning the loss of my great friend and confidant, Lestat (my cat), and I wanted to make something to commemorate her. The layout is supposed to be shaped like a cat in sitting position facing you, (it looked better on paper when I was designing it) but once you layout the cards it really doesn't look much like a cat (you have to really use your imagination). So, here goes:

1------2 9

3 4 8

5 7

Think of positions 1 and 2 as the cat's eyes- these represent what you see to be true about a given situation ( this can later prove to be true or false)

Positon 3 (the cat's nose) represents what you "feel" to be true. Maybe you "smell" something fishy, but can't quite put your finger on it. This can also be later proved true or false by the next 3 cards.

Positions 4, 5. and 6 represent the "backbone" of the situation, the hardcore facts. Do these conincide with what your eyes and your intuition were telling you?

Positions 7, 8, and 9 represent the "tail", the grand culmination of events, how you can expect things to turn out.

I thought about adding 2 more positions at the feet, maybe as an optional thing depending on the reading. Perhaps you don't like the "tail" cards, or the predicted outcome? Then continue with positions 10 and 11 (roughly where the feet would be on the cat).
These could represent what it would take to lay the groundwork for a different outcome, or the stepping stones necessary to reach a new and more appealing branch in that tree.. Just a thought. Or even if you like the outcome, these cards could represent how to gain a foothold on the situation to ensure you get the results you want, etc...

As always, im open to ideas,suggestions... (I swear it looked better on paper)

Mesara

That came out all wrong. Let me try again-

1--------2 9

3 4 8

5 7

Mesara

once again....

1---------2-----------9

----------3-----------4---------8

-----------------------------------------5--------7

Mesara

Oh hell, nevermind. Please ignore the actual positons demonstration as it looks totally retarded. I hope you guys get the picture just from my explanations-- Like I said, you will really have to use your imagination.

HudsonGray

LOL, it's not retarded, don't worry, we get the idea.

I'm sorry for your loss, that's the side of pet ownership that nobody likes to have to deal with & always ends up being harder on you than you think. The spread is a nice way to commemorate her. It looks like a good spread.

Front feet--the foundation it's all built on.

Back feet--the stepping stones out of the past (what you said).

maria42airam

**1***2**
-***3***
--*****--*9*
---*4*--*8*
---*5*-*7*
---*6***
-*10**11*

How about this? I was feeling creative! :)

Maria

augursWell

I find that asterisks work best on the forum for laying out spreads. :) I took a try at it and came up with the following. I put the "tail" sticking out to the side instead. And of course we all know that cats are fond of twitching that tail. :)

*1*2**********9
**3**4*********
******5****8***
*******6*******
*A*B*****7*****

A=Card 10
B=Card 11

One of the cards 10 and 11 could also be "unknown" aspects of the situation as cats are fond of draping a paw over the toy, or unfortunate mouse, that they were just playing with -- thus an uncertainty or sense of play in the situation. I was also thinking, If you want to preserve the "groups of 3" aspect of the spread you could also add one card for the mouth or meow -- what the situation is trying to tell you.

Sorry for your loss. I saw a little tile in a Gift Shop the other day that says it well for me, "Cats are just little people wearing fur coats".

Mesara said:
Think of positions 1 and 2 as the cat's eyes- these represent what you see to be true about a given situation ( this can later prove to be true or false)

Positon 3 (the cat's nose) represents what you "feel" to be true. Maybe you "smell" something fishy, but can't quite put your finger on it. This can also be later proved true or false by the next 3 cards.

Positions 4, 5. and 6 represent the "backbone" of the situation, the hardcore facts. Do these conincide with what your eyes and your intuition were telling you?

Positions 7, 8, and 9 represent the "tail", the grand culmination of events, how you can expect things to turn out.

I thought about adding 2 more positions at the feet, maybe as an optional thing depending on the reading. Perhaps you don't like the "tail" cards, or the predicted outcome? Then continue with positions 10 and 11 (roughly where the feet would be on the cat).
These could represent what it would take to lay the groundwork for a different outcome, or the stepping stones necessary to reach a new and more appealing branch in that tree.. Just a thought. Or even if you like the outcome, these cards could represent how to gain a foothold on the situation to ensure you get the results you want, etc...

Mesara

Augurswell got it exactly like I meant it. Thank you. Maria's would work well too. Good ideas and suggestions-thanks!

EminemsAngelBaby

I like your spread. Sorry about your Kitty. It's a nice thing to do in remembrance. I've copied it into my journal. Thanks, EAB.

Utuku

I'm sorry to hear about your cat... But commemorating her with a spread is a really neat idea. ^^

I also like your spread very much! It's already cleared up some things that I couldn't understand with the Celtic spread - which I'm normally pretty good at understanding.