Sakki-Sakki anyone?

M-Press

hi there!
thanks so much for bringing this issue up again. It was kind of talked about and then forgotten, by me as well. the funny thing is that lately I have been thinking as well, to create some sort of thread that will motivate me for the book. I have spend the last few months recovering from the production of the deck earlier this year, and establishing for my self some sort of a "job", and in January (after the holidays and mercury retro) I was planning to get back to the book. I plan to collaborate with Carol Anne Buckley, on the language parts of it...
It is half written, all the unique parts are there yet, but card by card, is still in the cooks, and I could definitely use some motivation, as this is a lonely task.
It's interesting, because I did the art for the deck in complete solitude (I didn't even know AT existed then), and in a way i feel it was better or me that way. I like to work alone, and only when I feel confident enough, to get it "out". Maybe it's my scorpionic way...

But, now it feels right to involve more people in this. I too, have many questions about the deck, believe it or not. And the more new people see it, the more new things I find, having new eyes.

I have never had the time to participate in any other study group, although I would like, so I'm not exactly sure what a "card-a-day" would be like, vs a study group?
To me a card a day is a lot (I think), but i'm willing to give some key questions on cards, such as "what do you think in on the upper left of this card",or "what does the pose of the Lovers may mean" bla...bla....bla...

So, what am I saying?????
First of all thank you all for your interest!
and unless someone "experienced" in study groups doesn't give the tone, I'll do it in January.
Just assure me please that I'm not an opportunistic tyrran or something...
;)

tarobones

Can't Wait

Hello,
It will be an honor to have you here and I am excited about the group. I like your words about "having new eyes" because we all see differently, and the images are fun and profund at the same time. Blessings......Michael

tarobones

NewEyes

Hehe......Right after I posted I pulled The Hierophant from the deck and there is this wonderful drawing of many eyes branching right or left like a tree branch. I think the deck agrees with you about the importance of having many eyes........the more eyes, the deeper the wisdom, perhaps. Blessings, Michael

M-Press

tarobones said:
Hehe......Right after I posted I pulled The Hierophant from the deck and there is this wonderful drawing of many eyes branching right or left like a tree branch. I think the deck agrees with you about the importance of having many eyes........the more eyes, the deeper the wisdom, perhaps. Blessings, Michael

Indeed he..he.. Michael!
i'm ***so happy*** to know that the deck agrees! In fact, the more i think of it, the more I'm convinced that the results will be more unexpected than expected, and THAT is the whole idea of the journey...
I'll start by emptying my cups and polishing the swords!!!
;)

Imagemaker

I'd be delighted to participate in some way. I kind of agree that a card a day is a lot--perhaps a card on Mon, Wed, Fri, with a weekend energy card (or something)?

Just because of our global time differences, a bit more space between draws can help give us time to comment.

Or we could do the "usual" study group idea where we all post comments on the elements of a card and what they evoke for each of us.

xviiirkna

I've not yet had the chance to participate in a study group here at AT Forum, but I'd love to chime in about the Sakki-Sakki deck. I've had my deck for a few months now and really enjoy reading with it.

Blessings,
Sally Anne

ferrous

I've never been in a study group, either, but I would also agree that a card a day might be a bit tough, at least for me, to keep on top of.

Maybe something like Imagemaker suggested, three or four cards a week. No more than three a week would be my preference. That gives everyone enough time to get to the current replies for each card before moving onto the next.

I believe that some people don't actually get online every day .. can't imagine why you'd want to miss a few days online, but I've heard that those type of people actually do exist. ;) :D

M-Press

SAKKI-SAKKI Study Group - Indeed!

Hi!
As promised, I wanted to start this on January. I planned on Jan 1st, but the latest events just didn't exactly provide the mood...
In the past few days, I restarted working on the book, and I must say, that it's flowing. I will keep posting here, each card as I write about it, and there will be no certain order, although there will be many Majors at the beginning.
Anyone else can post a card, whenever you wish. This group is not just for me. I just felt that "reporting" will keep me disciplined. And new eyes, of course... new eyes... ;)
and of course, we'll figure it out, as we go on... (how to link to this index thread, for example...)

So, Spread your cards! :)

ps: there is a thread called : SAKKI-SAKKI Study Group - index
In there there will be all the threads that have to do with this group. I'm trying to figure this out. I think that since I started this thread, only I can adit that post, and add cards. So, if you post a new card, just let me know... I hope it won't be too confusing!

Cielo

(((M-Press)))

Good!!! We've been waiting for you her royal loveliness!!!! Finally! Looking forward to a study group with the Sakki-Sakki,- still one of the best decks I have ever had the pleasure working with!!!!

Love

Cielo

Nina*

I want to join too, VERY VERY VERY much :D

Nina