Two Hour Tarot Tutor

Jeanette

I just got this book from the library, and was wondering if anybody else has had a chance with it? What are your impressions so far? I've only briefly looked through it, but it seems like it would only work with RWS or similarly illustrated decks, definitely not any non-illustrated pip decks. Am I right that the author says to just look at the pictures, go with your initial impression (without thinking)? It might work, if my brain functioned as quickly as my eyes!

SongDeva

I did both exercises about seeing it/saying it and found them useful. I spent a couple hours with the book at the book store, and didn't feel I needed to buy it. :)
But I think her voice is an ok addition to what's out there.

Jeanette

Since I've spent a lot of time with other books that usually supplied traditional meanings, do you think her approach is too late? I'm pretty much accustomed to having the "meaning" jump into my head now (although sometimes I do "see" different meanings, other than the traditional ones). But, I do think I like her approach to the CC, to just concentrate on the "big picture," and not agonize over each card and it's position.

SongDeva

She even steers people away from her "suggested meanings," Jeanette. She really wants your meanings to come from you.
Too late? Hmm....well, I would say, give the two exercises a try and see if they open up anything new for you.

I didn't spend as much time with the celtic cross method she uses, although I did do one. Maybe I'll try it again and see what happens. I've found myself seeing-saying a little bit just to see if it opens up new avenues in a reading.

Jeanette

Well, when I get 2 hours to myself I will do this! LOL. Maybe I can spread the exercises out :) I think any approach is good to try, even if it doesn't work for you (or even if it works some of the time). What can it hurt to look at things in a new way?