Dreaming about someone you don't know

Vilyariel

Okay, sure we often dream about people we don't know...but whats the point of it?

Royal Cat

I have been told by a friend who analyzes dreams that people in dreams frequently represent other aspects of ourselves. Therefore, one possibility is that if you meet someone in a dream who you do not know - you are actually meeting a part of your personality that you were unaware of before. It could be your masculine/female side (less dominant Yin or Yang) coming through and wanting recognition. If you are afraid of this person it may be something about yourself that scares you and you want to hide away from the public. If you meet a child who is thin or needs love it may be your inner child reaching out to you. These are just a few examples. Obviously, other parts of the dream would always need to be examined as well.

Hope that helps. :)
Cat

Vilyariel

Hey, cat

Thanks for the insight.

The person in the dream [itll be easier if i explain the dream a bit]

i started out at my aunty's house [although it wasnt his actual house]. suddenly i got the idea to look under the carpet and i found some half pairs of earrings. then when i stood up there was this tent thing outside with flowers painted over it, and i went and poked my head in. for some reason i was only wearing underwear at this point. the 'mystery person', a guy of about 22 or so called 'stuart' started talking to me and said something about 'woo woo who's this, rosie? why didnt you introduce us?' [rosie being a workmate]. then i was lying in my bed and i got a phone call from this 'stuart' [this is the only reason i knew his name...somehow his number weasled its way into the phone's memory without me knowing]. i answered but we didnt have much to say so i hung up and he rang back. then i was woken by my phone actually ringing. i didnt answer it though because it's from a telemarketing place [i think].

Royal Cat

Hi Vilyariel,
Interesting dream! I'd like to help, but I'm really not that good at interpreting other people's dreams... I can only seem to interpret my own. So, I will leave this up to some of the talented people here at AT to deifier for you.

Best wishes,
Cat

purple_scorp

Hi Vilyariel,

There is usually a correlation between unknown people that we dream about and known people in our life. Don't look so much at their physical appearance though. You need to look at their characteristics, or what they say and do. What impression did Stuart make on you? Who in real life makes this same impression? What was his motive? What do you think about Rosie in real life?

The underwear scene shows an insecurity in you. Is there a possible love interest in your life that you feel uncertain about?

purple_scorp

Vilyariel

purple_scorp said:

What impression did Stuart make on you? Who in real life makes this same impression? What was his motive? What do you think about Rosie in real life?

Well i thought he was a bit of an idiot really, but sort of flattered by him.
Rosie -- well she's nice. She invited me to a cocktail party she had once and used to make an effort to get me to go out because i'm a natural loner, and parties arent really my thing. She's friendly.

The underwear scene shows an insecurity in you. Is there a possible love interest in your life that you feel uncertain about?

haha, yes, that is right actually!! i've known this guy [litterally] all my life, but i dont "know" him very well. my mum cant help but throw in little anecdotes about him whenever she sees his mum, etc. Up until the beginning of this year i never looked at him that way. He acts kind of stupid around his friends, but i know he can be nice.

Thanks for the insight!

purple_scorp

Hello Vilyariel,

now let's see....Stuart was an "idiot"....this guy you know in real life you called "stupid in front of his friends". And Rosie, hmm, she's friendly and perhaps not judgemental. That could be a quality that you wished you had yourself.

Well, the good news for you is that you do have it yourself. You just need to embrace and accept it.

Don't wait for a Rosie character to step in and pave the way for you. Also, don't let your mum, or anybody else deter you from what you truly desire. Follow your heart and good luck.

purple_scorp