woodpeckers

poivre

Out on our porch there were two woodpeckers on the rail. I never seen them before. They stayed about 2-3 minutes.

Ted Andrews author of The Animal-Wise Tarot ~ Ace of Swords!

"The woodpecker's appearance affirms a new rhythm at play within our life, one that will eliminate our worries and allow success to take root for us. It is the beginning of something new..."

Does this mean I have double the luck coming my way because there were two? lol

You know I just had to post this out of curiousity.

Any other ideas of woodpeckers?

They are a pretty bird. I always thought they were brown, but they're black and white with a red cap!

zorya

they can also symbolize a need to use your head (intellect) for any problem solving.

poivre

Thanks zorya, try that all the time!
May not be working.

poivre

Yes!
They are nice.

zorya

ros said:
Thanks zorya, try that all the time!
May not be working.
lol, sweetie, i didn't mean that i thought you weren't!

when i feel i am getting a message from woodpecker, i assume it means the answer to whatever is on my mind at that time, can best be solved primarily through intellect rather than letting my heart, body or soul lead.

other times it might be best to put your heart, spiritual or physical self first.

Imagemaker

Interesting to see this, because a woodpecker was tapping on our house yesterday. Seemed to be trying all sides of the house looking for snacks. Twice I went out to shoo him away.

If he's trying to alert me to a new rhythm in my life, that's wonderful. If he's making holes in the siding and telling me there's bugs inside, that's not a rhythm I want!

Will see if he shows up today.

13thFaeChylde

While on vacation last week I saw TWO Pileated Woodpeckers!
I had never seen them so close before, they were bigger than I had imagined. The ones I saw were black,white and red.

Ted Andrews author of The Animal-Wise Tarot ~ Ace of Swords!

"The woodpecker's appearance affirms a new rhythm at play within our life, one that will eliminate our worries and allow success to take root for us. It is the beginning of something new..."

I could so use some woodpecker energy at this time...seems like I was at just the right spot.

Ros, could you post the rest of the info on the woodpecker?

poivre

The Animal-Wise Tarot by Ted Andrews

...It is the beginning of something new, and thus our focus
should be on new plans and new endeavors. Woodpecker indicates new dimensions are opening up for us.

The woodpecker has strong, hooked claws for a firm hold
onto trees. Its tail feathers help to prop it up and maintain balance as it pecks and drums. Unlike the flight pattern of
other birds, the woodpecker's is unique. This emphasizes that
it is increasingly important to follow our own unique rhythms
and flights. Now is the time to march to the beat of a different drummer, one that is comfortable for us. It is time to do what works for us in the manner that is best for us.

If Woodpecker has appeared, then we have laid the foundation,
to pursue endeavors in the manner unique to us. Doing things the way we have always done them in the past will not work.
Doing them the way others have done them will not work for us either. Now is the time to plan and build for the future in the manner best for us. There is a new rhythm, a new ability, and a new opportunity for rapid growth around us right now.

(I'll also send the drumming)

poivre

Woodpeckers and flickers peck holes in trees and wood
to get at grubs and other insects. Sometimes they peck
to get directly at the insects; other times they simply release
the flow of sap to the outer bark to trap insects which they'll
eat later. This drumming on the trees links the woodpecker
to the heartbeat of the Earth. Drumming has many mystical
associations from new life rhythms to shapeshifting
rhythms within our curent life. Many shamans learn to ride
drumbeats into other dimensions.

Woodpecker