The Answer Deck - Faith

TheLovers2

Well, once again I must say that I find this artist/creator and the choices he makes rather interesting. I would love to know what he was thinking (himself) regarding some of these. Who and where is Nicholas Zann?

A candle burning to symbolize "faith." Ok. This is what I get.

This candle seems to have been burning for a bit, it is not "brand new." This brings to mind a scripture that talks about how faith without the accompanying works or action is dead, lifeless. In other words, faith is something that must be put into action, practiced, used like this candle. It is not just sitting there, looking the part, it is busy doing what it does - burning and giving forth its light. That is what candles do and to me that is what a person's faith will do for them - shed light on a situation, give light to a dark place, heart - whether it be your own heart or someone elses. But, it will cost something. Light dispells darkness; where there is light there is hope and possibly peace.

I also get a singleness of purpose and focus from this card. He chose a "single" candle, as opposed to two or more. Regarding purpose, how simple this candle appears. Do we sometimes make faith harder than it need be?

This candle is at work and because of use reminds me of wisdom. Again, not all nice and neat and picture perfect; it's been through something.

New faith looks good; but, faith that has been tried and tested and is still standing, still burning after everything, still sharing it's light like this candle, is a faith that I applaud.

TL2 :TLOVE

Alissa

A light in darkness. By using an all-black background, the image of the candle is all we see. Faith can encompass entirely our vision. However, like a candle, it's light may be meager, or may be generous... depending on the size of our candle, our faith.

The flame has wisps of smoke trailing behind, it is being tested by the wind to see if the faith, the flame, will falter.

This candle is old, and has been lit before. By use, by familiarity with our true faith, we gain a sense of trust in the unknown, or that which lies beyond the scope of the candle's flame to illuminate. We have been well guided in times past. We believe we will be well guided in current and future times as well.

Faith is not a book, a text of answers. Faith is not a tree, not something that lives independantly. Faith is seen here as a tool, a light, one that we must chose to light ourselves in order for it to be useful. Only when the candle is in use does it truly live to its entire potential, otherwise it might sit and collect dust on a shelf, forgotten.