The Answer Deck - Heartbreak

TheLovers2

Yep, I get that from this card. I am also at present looking at a vase of roses on my table that are pretty much wilted so this brings the point home quite well. They were certainly quite "chipper" and upright and beautiful when I first placed them in water.

Getting back to Nicky Zann's flower, it is actually not quite wilted. It's really not doing too bad, but for the "tear" it seems to be shedding.

I see a beautiful flower with a nice long stem in a vase of water. It has a few wilting leaves, however. Under the strain of the "heartbreak" it may not look as good tomorrow. What flowers remind me of is vulnerability and the ebb and flow of life; the here today and gone tomorrow aspect of life and sometimes, love. The flower reminds me of the beauty of nature and the beauty of a person, but, also the fragility of that beauty.

Already there is a puddle forming beneath this single flower. Once again, I am noticing that he chose a "single" flower. Perhaps, it is because when we are in the midst of loss or heartbreak, we are very much alone with those feelings. Others may seek to help and sometimes they do to an extent, but, the experience is uniquely our own. No one can experience what we feel on the inside. It is ours. We must own it.

Is this our heartbreak or the heartbreak we caused another? I will toss what is gone, appreciate the beauty when it was there, relish the memories and start again with fresh flowers. Nicky Zann must have wanted to give hope for the brokenhearted or that flower would have been truly wilted.

Love is fragile. Handle with care and properly nourish. ;)

TL2 :TLOVE

Alissa

This card immediately reminds me of the kind of art my sister used to draw when she was a teenager. Weeping roses, that was very her style.

The rose sits in a vase, an alchemical image even. The abundance of water, which appears to the viewer to be falling from the rose's petals like tears, reaches towards the puddle below. This is not the first tear shed. Nor likely the last before the matter is finally behind one.

Heartbreak - to break the heart - I agree with Lovers2, it suggests fragility. And yet, also hope, as she mentions... the rose is actually looking fairly ok to me. Its death isn't certain, by any means. And it sits in water, well nourished. It will not dry out and wither away, despite the hurt that is leaking out in the current time.