Goddess Book &/or vs. Workbook

Lurea

So far, I've used only the deck's little white booklet. It is pretty substantial, but it doesn't give a lot of info about the Goddesses. If I hadn't gotten along with the deck so well, I wouldn't be considering buying the workbook. The pips are pretty standard RWS meanings, so you don't really need another resource.

I liked it so much, I wanted to study it more in depth, so I am planning on getting the workbook. And I want the artist's new deck, too. :D

(Rexenne instead of <i> use [ i ] )

tatsi

Workbook

The following information was PM'd to me. I thought it had some useful information in regard to the workbook, so I have included the abridged post here.

Thanks Rexie!

tatsi

rexenne2003 said:
I keep a tarot journal so maybe that is why I find it unusefull to me. I took a look at it at the book store. It would be useful, IMHO, to someone still new to the tarot system of symbolizm, numerology, and divination. I have been using the tarot for a number of years on and off so that may explain it. I also have a book called Tarot for Self Discovery (Special Topics in Tarot) that basically makes workbooks like that obsoleat(sp?), IMHO. But what I did like about the workbook was the journal keeping pages in the back for several layouts. I plan on going back to the store and looking at those more closely.

Both the companion book and the workbook have the meanings of the cards and a little info on the goddesses featured on each card, just the workbook is a little oversized because of the blank pages provided with questions to input your own info on (of which I think anyone can do on thier own without wasting the extra money on the workbook by just keeping a journal and drawing a card daily and writing on it...your reactions to the card itself, impressions brought about by the graphics, etc, etc, etc.)

rexenne2003

*giggle-snort*

tatsi

The Kris Waldherr items I'm getting

I really appreciate all your comments. I thought it only fair to tell you what I decided to get.

The Goddess Tarot deck and workbook. The workbook seems to have nearly identical card information found in the book, but adds an extra description paragraph. The only difference seems to be that *instead* of four sample readings you get three additional spreads.

The Lover's Path Tarot deck/book set

Kris' artwork is just beautiful.

EDIT: I originally said I was getting the book, but I'm actually getting the workbook for the above mentioned reasons.

tatsi

Lurea

I am also eagerly awaiting the Lover's Path. :) I like the Goddess so much, and felt such a connection with it, that I HAD to have the next deck by this talented artist.

LOL-I decided and ordered only the workbook, so between us, we have everything covered. :D

rexenne2003

Hey that Lovers Path deck is not half bad! I may decide to venture and get that one! LMAO! Yup, covered it all 'round. [:)]

ambermoon

TLP is another gorgeous deck from Kris Waldherr, and the companion book is illustrated in color, which is rather rare. I'm glad to see higher production standards being set for tarot publications.

tatsi

Goddess Tarot workbook

Lurea_aure said:
I am also eagerly awaiting the Lover's Path. :) I like the Goddess so much, and felt such a connection with it, that I HAD to have the next deck by this talented artist.

I feel the same way. Also, the art seems to be more refined in her newest creation, which makes it that much more lovely.

Lurea_aure said:
LOL-I decided and ordered only the workbook, so between us, we have everything covered.
:D

I originally said I was going to get the book, but I'm actually getting the workbook.

tatsi

rexenne2003

Kickin. Let us know how you like it! (maybe share the spreads too! LMAO)