360 Degrees of Wisdom

Lynda

Petrified Forest?

Hi Sunflower
It seems to be saying that the records of your past are clues to how this relationship will unfold. Clear out the old and outworn from your life in order to make way for the new. Let go of self defeating behaviour patterns... I'm getting that a favourite photograph or picture should be placed somewhere you can see it, something that reminds you of joy. Conversely, if there are photographs or reminders around you of unhappy days, get rid of them!

Get rid of the dead wood, both from your life and your mind. Also, it seems to be saying that you shouldn't 'set things in stone' that may preclude you from even more joy.

Hope this helps!
Greetings from Sydney, Australia
Lynda
[link removed by moderator]

sunflowr

Hi again Lynda :) Sorry it took me so long to get back to you here. Been thinking about what you said, and these definitely ring true to me:

"Clear out the old and outworn from your life in order to make way for the new. Let go of self defeating behaviour patterns.."

I'm going to sign up for classes in the spring at a Comedy Improv venue here in L.A, (I think that will definitely help me clear out the old and outworn) and I've also became more inspired with my writing again. Was feeling pretty down about it for awhile but am feeling better. As for this person, this is someone I just feel I'd love to meet and work with. I feel a connection. Anyway, thanks for your input! I'll be doing other readings on this as time goes on and posting them. This oracle is amazing! Also, if anyone wants to do a reading for me on my behalf, about the above issue, it would be appreciated. Because I might be too close to it to be partial.

Lynda

Hi Sunflowr
Great to hear your going into the comedy thing - it must be great for the soul - like singing - I think singing would be great, also.

I took a look at your website - great fun! I see your list of favourite comedians - I have to say that Eddie Izzard is my favourite - he's a complete blast, if you haven't seen him.

BTW, with the Petrified Forest, there's another technique I use - you look up the degree 'before' the degree you got... i.e. the Petrified Forest is Pisces 3 - Pisces 2 is A Squirrel Hiding from Hunters - this degree speaks of hiding yourself away... the degree before is what I call the 'karmic condition' - it's what's holding you back, what you need to let go of...

The degree after the Petrified Forest is Pisces 4: Heavy Traffic on a Narrow Isthmus Linking Two Seaside Resorts - this speaks of running back and forth, lots of activity, getting out and about. This is what you need to move forward into...

The Squirrel degree as the karmic condition of your question says you have to come out on a limb in order to bask in the sun, get the required nourishment and have a feeling of safety --- etc.

Hope this helps.

Greetings from DownUnder
Lynda

lunakasha

Just wanted to post here with a big "thumbs up" after having just picked up a copy of 360 Degrees of Wisdom...although I have not had much time to work with it yet, my initial reaction is very positive!!! And thanks to sunflowr and others here who made it so irresistible that I HAD to get it!!! :p

The book is beautifully written, and I can tell already that there are many lessons to learn from the Sabian Symbols....I need to read more however before I can give a more detailed review...I look forward to reading more about the history of this oracle. And I plan to use it daily, journaling my thoughts on each symbol.

One very minor criticism, and it is really directed toward the publisher.... I had a very difficult time removing the cards from the book, even though I was being very careful not to tear them....I ended up having to trim the cards so that they were all the same size. Very minor peeve....;)

Thank you Lynda...you obviously put a great deal of time and research into this book...BTW I absolutely LOVE the quotes you included on each page!!!

More to come....but first I must get busy reading....

:) Luna

Lynda

My peeve too!

Lunakasha, you wrote:

One very minor criticism, and it is really directed toward the publisher.... I had a very difficult time removing the cards from the book, even though I was being very careful not to tear them....I ended up having to trim the cards so that they were all the same size. Very minor peeve....

...................................................................................................

Yes, I'm totally with you on that. I was very disappointed with the cards. Perhaps you could make up your own ones... the book being so big and meaty, I think it deserves good cards. I wish Penguin understood this.

Two packs of ordinary playing cards (one red and one blue) will make up two decks of cards.

However, that aside, I'm delighted that you like the book - it was a long labour and a long birth - now I wait to see how the child is accepted into society!

Greetings from DownUnder
Lynda

Fulgour

180 degrees of Smiles!

I just got my copy delivered Saturday, and I'm planning
on enjoying my journey through, now only just begun.

Using other cards than those in the book is a good idea.
For shuffling and selection playing cards could be used,
with the two decks for the colours (like red and blue):

12 Zodiac Signs
Clubs: Q. Aries, K. Leo, J. Sagittarius
Hearts: Q. Cancer, K. Scoripio, J. Pisces
Spades: Q. Libra, K. Aquarius, J. Gemini
Diamonds: Q. Capricorn, K. Taurus, J. Virgo

1 to 10 x 3 = 30
Ace through 10 from 3 Suits equals 30,
and so remembered in order, example:
Clubs 1 to 10
Hearts 11 to 20
Spades 21 to 30

With the cards from the book for contemplation, etc. :)

Lynda

360 degrees of thanks

Thanks, Fulgour, for explaining the cards. In the front of the book is an explanation of how to make up an extra set and use the cards.

I see my book as being different from most Oracle book and card sets. For a start, there's no pictures, the pictures are all in the interpretation... so the cards have to be sturdy and reliable, but they can be made up by the user... also, the book is quite enormous compared to many of the other card sets - the focus is on the written word... plus, this Oracle is aligned with the zodiac. This means it resonates with the transits of the planets, the planets and points (such as the ascendant, etc) of any chart... etc.

Checking out the degrees of the full and new moons is very telling on many levels.... but then again, checking out the planetary positions of any moment is revealing.

It's mind boggling how it works - I never fail to be amazed. I get feedback constantly of people's amazing adventures with the Sabian Symbols.

Using the Symbols either just as an Oracle by itself or as an Oracle with astrology, it is alchemical. By that I mean you can change situations around very quickly and easily by tuning into the Symbol. I've seen amazing things happen in people's lives with their understanding of what makes them tick changing in a very short period of time.

What wonderous abilities the spiritualist medium, Elsie Wheeler, who channeled these Symbols in the 1920's had! She saw all 360 Symbols in one day in Balboa Park, San Diego in 1925. It has been calculated that based on an 8 hour day, taking an hour for lunch, she saw a Symbol each minute and a half... 360 in all.

Amazing, it still blows me away!

Greetings from the Blue Mountains of Sydney
Lynda

Fulgour

thanks

"Creating the 42 Cards" is on page xxvi

:)
blushing...

Lynda

No worries mate

Dear Fulgour,
No worries, as they say around these here parts (Australia). I thank you for your enthusiasm.

This book has been around for a few years under the title The Sabian Symbols as an Oracle - I published it myself in Australia and have schlepped (sp?) it all over the United States and the UK, etc. It's been an interesting journey. The cards I had printed were much better quality than this new edition.... but this new book is the product of two rewrites of the self published version, so the book is quite an improvement.

Regarding the Symbols: I still face opposition from the more left brained astrologers out there. Only this morning, I heard criticism directed at the Sabian Symbols from someone. I quote:

"Sabian Symbols has a mysterious history; a woman went into a trance and channeled their meaning. At the place where I live, Sedona, AZ, channelers are "dime a dozen" and are not to be trusted, with few exceptions."

I think he misses the point myself... the proof is in the pudding, as they say.

Even though my father was an astrologer in the '60's and '70's and an Edgar Cayce healer, I was once reasonably skeptical about things like channelling myself, until I found the Symbols. I then had to face the fact that there is some kind of spiritual force coming through ...

It's awesome, but some people just don't get it.

Greetings from DownUnder
Lynda

lunakasha

Lynda said:
Regarding the Symbols: I still face opposition from the more left brained astrologers out there. Only this morning, I heard criticism directed at the Sabian Symbols from someone. I quote:

"Sabian Symbols has a mysterious history; a woman went into a trance and channeled their meaning. At the place where I live, Sedona, AZ, channelers are "dime a dozen" and are not to be trusted, with few exceptions."

It's awesome, but some people just don't get it.

Yes...I guess that is their loss, right??? ;)

I am very new to the study of astrology, but have always kept an open mind about things I don't understand....sounds like this book might be helpful in learning more about it.

Thanks Lynda and Fulgour for the suggestion of making my own deck....
I did notice it mentioned in the book, but I appreciate the reminder (and the enthusiasm of course, hehehe!!!)

:) Luna