360 Degrees of Wisdom

Elven

Yeahhh Skydancer!!!!

You'll love the book! and you'll love using it with your Tarot spreads, they're an awesome combo!

Hi Lynda *Elven waves madly from the Mountain* going to www.sabiansymbols.com right now for my free oracle reading.

Anyone else like to join me.

Blessings to all
Elven x

sunflowr

I'm still consulting the oracle on a fairly regular basis. I'm so happy I discovered them at the bookstore that day! :)

Congratulations on all the hits!

Skydancer

... just yesterday the site passed the 1 million hits on the Oracle page!

Oh cool! An' I was there yesterday too to help boost it over this Major Marker of Website Success!! :)

I've been getting pretty good feelings about my new SS and tarot idea - I'll post it shortly in the tarot spreads forum under Sabian Symbols and Tarot #1.

Have a great day!

S:OS

Pipistrelle

Just wanted to also post. I hadn't even heard of Sabian Symbols until Lynda's fascinating post in the thread about Elven & Helvetica's similar dreams... the imagery evoked by the symbols that came up there (for example, A Massive Rocky Shore Resists the Pounding of the Sea - so dramatic!) attracted me to finding out more - however, I wonder if I would have been as equally drawn to it if "fat boy mowing the lawn" had come up!
I have added Lynda's book to my wishlist at Amazon and hope to be able to get it soon...it does sound wonderful to work with from what I've read here.

I also just asked the oracle on her website...with the incredibly obscure question of "What is my calling?" (Well, I couldn't think of anything else!) Remarkably, the answer was Sagittarius 30 - The Pope Blessing the Faithful, and the first thing that popped into my head was that I'm Sagittarius. The second thing that I thought was that the Pope came up and The Hierophant has been appearing a lot for me lately in Tarot readings in terms of "what I'm becoming" etc. I understand that these are superficial connections, but they were my immediate reactions. The text supplied seems to have a lot of depth and I have copied it down and I'm going to think about it and see what I can make of it...

Fascinating stuff!

Pip

Skydancer

One last post here!! (yeah, right!)

My book arrived today and it is just so fascinating - having all these wonderful images all in a row; can flip through and stop when one stands out.

I made up cards from playing card decks for now, one red one blue, as I don't want to cut the cards out just yet. I also have some other ideas I want to explore. Anyway -

I, too, had not heard of Sabian Symbols (a google search yielded symbols for a drum setup on eBay!!!) and like many of you, was hooked. I am a visual person, and images second - think I posted that recently on a tarot thread. Wow - does it ever apply to what Lynda has put together in this book form. Read a discription - "see" how it forms in my inner vision. I was an only child (hmmm ... still am) and I've read books all my life. (Mostly lived where there was no TV until 7th grade probably helped.) I like "hard copy" and DO NOT like reading off a computer screen. Like in Ebooks.

Anyway, this is right up my alley!!! I am so tickled to have found these ... or have had them find me. However that works ... !! ;)

Well - off to the Divination thread to meet up with OakDragon (his image is a squirrel - you know, the dragon of oak trees?? Didn't make the connection until today!!

Happy Week to everyone!
*S*

sunflowr

Sabian Symbol Chips

I just finished making myself some Sabian Symbol "chips", because I really didnt want to play with the cards anymore and wanted something easier to handle. I bought some wood chips at a craft store.. they are round, roughly the size of a quarter. 12 of them are marked with the astrological glyphs on them (used a sharpee - blue color) and then 30 other chips are marked 1 - 30, with a pink sharpee. The 12 astrology sign chips are in a separate bag from the 30 number chips. I pull out an astrological sign and then go to the other bag and pull out a number. Works really well! :)

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Maybe you can try this too, as an alternative to the cards in the book or using playing cards or index cards.

Elven

What a great idea!!!

Sunflowr,
this is a brilliant idea! I bet they look gorgeous and are really easy to use. Maybe you could post that idea on Lyndas website. Im sure others would love that idea.
I sometimes see the Symbols in different forms also - but more like pentacles in the Gilded tarot - with 5 edges metal and engraved.

Thanks for sharing that, I think its wonderful.

Many blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Chips

WOW - the chips ARE a fantastic idea! My friend is drawing all the symbols I think she has done about 30 now.. but the chips idea - how easy would taht be...

thank you

Marina

Fulgour

Sabian Symbols

Hi Lynda! I went looking for something to generate
a random set of numbers "just to see" if it would be
good with your Sabian Symbols Oracle and I found
I preferred your suggested methods much better! :)

One thing I do sometimes with the Sabian Symbols
is use just cards number 1 though 30 from a deck
of Madame Leanormand cards...

I roll a single die and see if it is odd or even.
Odd: roll again and use that number with a card
Even: roll again and add 6 and use it with a card

So it's always 1 to 12 and 1 to 30 to reach the page.

:) Cheers!

Elven

Ohhh!!! I'll try that Fulgour!

Im up for any new methods - how do you find it works? What sort of questions do you use it for?

Blessings
Elven x