spiritlady

Hi I have just found this forum I have never used a forum before but I would love to join you all .I have had 78DW for a few years now and love the book it does seem to be one of the better ones .
Please bear with me while I learn how to use the forum and find my way around as well as learning more about Tarot

Kaz

you are more than welcome, it seems this studygroup has been very quiet for some time and some fresh input is great.
you might need to set the forum to "from beginning" to see earlier posts.

kaz

spiritlady

Thanks for the welcome Kaz
although I am not sure how much imput I can put in its been a long time since I looked at that book I will start reading it again where are you all up to??

Jewel

Welcome to the group! We have done Chapters 1-3 completly, looking at the Diamond shape using the Fool, HP, Magician and World card. We have also looked at the Majors in terms of the 3 levels of consciousness. In Chpt. 3 we looked at the HP, Magician and Empress in full detail, then we skipped around and did some work on the minors (I am behind on this so I am not sure). In addition, by the end this week I hope to have the pieces of Chpt. 4 ready to post to continue the study of the Majors. Hope this helps!

spiritlady

Past lessons

thanks for your reply jewel
yes it has helped me I will now study Chapter 4 where can I find the posts on the previous chapters so I can catch up

Jewel

Spiritlady you are also welcome to take the lead on a chapter (or more) and post it for the group. We try to do a summary and then some exercises to apply the concepts we are learning and take advantage that we are all using different decks. So, if you want to lead Cpt. 5 have at it ;) *LOL*.

Our original goal, if I recall, was to post a chapter every two weeks to give everyone time to reply with as much ease as possible.

spiritlady

Chapter 5

thanks Jewel for inviting me to take the lead for chapter 5 I don't think I am quiet up to that stage at the moment let me catch up first then I will try and have a go

Jewel

Spiritlady, do not disparir ;) ... we have plenty of chapters left and we are taking our time about this so that members don't get too far behind :)

Jenny-Li

Another student in the group!

Hi everybody - I got my copy of this fantastic book yesterday, so as soon as I finish the first chapters, I'll be ready to jump in, and hope we can pick up this study group.

I have read the preface and the introduction to the Majors, and I can really tell the difference between this and all other Tarot books I've read - it's much more complicated, and will demand LOADS more from my English ;) and I think I could do with some initiated and experienced help on this one! I'm glad I have read Thirteen's Tarot Basics, I think there are perspectives in that that are similar to Ms Pollack's view point, I'll really have good use of what I have learnt here when reading this book!

And of course, I really look forward to learning in group, because that is just so rewarding and gives you a really full perspective on things!

Light and love for now,
Jenny *off to study the first couple of chapters of 78DW!* :D

Jewel

Jenny-Li please feel free to go back to the intro and first chapters and post your comments, work, etc. Do not feel like you have to jump in at chapter 4. Some of the earlier exercises we did were incredibly helpful! The Diamond pattern in particular for me. Welcome to the group, happy studying and enjoy the book!