SAKKI-SAKKI: The Sun

Imagemaker

I wanted to start a thread on my favorite card in this deck--the brilliant, shining sun!

I love her bright yellow hair, big eyes, the radiant orange/yellow, and she's shining down on five Eiffel Towers! Makes me laugh just to see them. Don't know what they mean, but they call back a magical visit to Paris when I was so happy.

M-Press, what do five Eiffel Towers mean?

Tesseljoan

This card is one of the happiest cheeriest Suns I have seen so far. How can you not smile when you see this card?

The five eifel towers puzzled me as well. What I could only come up with is that Paris is also called the "the city of light". If one takes five Parises, that's a whole lot of bright light! In the card the sun is actually so bright, that she outshines five Parises altogether. (In he words of Gizmo the Mogwai: "bright light! bright light!")

M-Press

finally saw that!!!!

I guess I don't browse enough!!!! :)

well, well, the interesting thing is , that actually 3 days ago (when image maker started this thread), I WAS writing about teh Sun!

Yes, true, paris is teh City of lights, but remember also who is the Sun King? Louis the 14th!

And yes, The Aiffels are there, becasue me too, have been once in paris, my first time, and was SO HAPPY! Itw as for a week, and I was alone, but never felt lonely. I was stunned by everything there! and so inspired!!!
This is when Sakki-Sakki was conceived! The minute i got back, I started working on my visual library. I don't recall ever been so inspired and filled with light.... metaphorically and litterally. also teh Sun is about new births right? (the baby...), so I totally felt ok with Paris here...

Now, why 5? Well, it's more power, no????? and I think the multiplication uses it more as a symbol, than THE symbol of Paris-France (do I explain myself clear enough here?) I also felt is stands for the center of any major city/culture. Everyplace has their Sun, after all... :)

Jewel-ry

I had no idea Louis XIV was called the Sun King. Interesting. Apparently he became King when he was 5, although he wasn't allowed to rule until much later on.

I am really glad you mentioned the Eiffel Towers too, I did wonder about them and their significance.

~

M-Press

Jewel-ry said:
I had no idea Louis XIV was called the Sun King. Interesting. Apparently he became King when he was 5, although he wasn't allowed to rule until much later on. ~

Oh, yes, Actually, i think HE called that himself!
if you ever see a drawing of his palace, his bedroom, is in the center (the center of the universe, according to him). The shape of the gardens, has this expansive quality, and everything is very symmetric. He was very full of himself...but he did shed light into many things. He was into dance, music, art , all of it.
Too bad he's not still around, it would be nice to say "hi"! ;)