Hearing Voices/Sounds

Takomun

it happens to everyone!

look, the way i see it, it happens to everyone, everyone can see, feel or hear ghosts... the difference is the way YOU except it...

you see, i can feel spirits and ghosts all around me, i can allsow feel an aura of a person standing in the same room with me, i can feel the energy flowing in the room, every lil movment...
i recently starting using my vision also and now i can SEE spirits and ghosts (not as many as i feel, yet) and im starting to see the energy around me and around ppl...
all that, and thats A LOT, is ALL becouse i except the energy and the world beyond as facts and not as assamptions...
i know it there...

i was born with the feel,so its easy for me to say that i belive coz i "never had a choice"...

guys, i must ask you... dont think its the devil's work... it you and your third eye that makes it happen...
i heard too many times about ppl talking behind my back, thinking im the devils made... })
Thank you and good luck with feeling the light...
:TDEV

WolfyJames

RufusJ said:
Years ago before our kids left for college, late one night I heard one of the them cry out 'Mom!'.

I used to hear people calling me when I was a child. There were times when I heard my mother, brother or father calling me and yet, they were not there at all. I simply presumed they were worried about me or hurt or angry.

The Dreamer

The few instances I've had of hearing things occurred just after waking up from sleep in that sleep/wake twilight zone. One- a perfect reproduction of about 30 seconds of a Nine Inch Nails song I'd been listening to repeatedly that day (it felt like it was being produced in my head, rather than coming from an outside source, but was very loud- it freaked me out. It made me think that the brain can reproduce sound with almost digital accuracy.) Two- once, just upon awaking, I heard a voice which sounded just like the electro-voice in the Mothman Prophecies (I had watched the movie the night before.) That one felt more external, but given that I'd just seen the movie, I think it was just my brain showing me it could play again. Three- a little clip of my own voice, on awaking, which was very low and loud. I don't know what that was about.
A 7 year old I babysat for once told me that he could hear the voices of his family in his head, and once ran outside in the middle of the night becase he thought he'd heard his mom calling him.
Once a friend told me that he'd heard a voice telling him to get out of the way right before a car veered off the road and almost hit him.
Definitely the brain can produce sounds for you. That doesn't mean that your brain might not be translating real vibration or wave information (something that happened before in the church you were at? The "imprint" of your piano being played? Feelings and thoughts from other people?) Into sound form for you.
I guess what we're all looking for here is some external validation that what we're hearing isn't just coming from ourselves- or, even if it is, that it isn't psychologically pathological. Probably just relaxing about the whole thing is good advice. And maybe seeing if there are external correlations to what you heard in the environment, regarding whether you were really picking up on things from other people, or picking up things from the past. If not, it may be from your own psyche- but there's nothing wrong with that.
Aside from the above ways to test and examine- there probably is no way to know for sure if you're really getting something from another dimension, or whatever. But regardless, you're not alone in experiencing it.

Tarotphelia

Sophie-David said:
Its so exciting to me when I see people such as my 21 year old daughter and some others whom I can think of on the Aeclectic Forums who are obviously not going to be pressured into dropping their inner development but will continue throughout their lifetime.

It is a cause of some regret, although not bitterness, that I have lost so much time which in the last year I am now trying to catch up on.

I have a similar gap as well. But, I think of it this way sometimes -- had I been sticking with tarot and psychic stuff all through my daughter's growth years, she might have gotten sick of it and rebelled . Decided it was all a bunch of crazy stuff, etc. Just like some children do when they have religious parents .

Now, she has her decks and asks me for readings , etc. So we can share the experience and grow together.

RedMaple

It's good hearing everyone's experience with this. Yes, I hear music sometimes, too, and have gotten up and checked all over the house to see if there's been a radio left on. For me it sounds like a kind of jazz, or sometimes like an orchestra tuning up, or playing a phrase repetitively. No celestial choirs yet. LOL

I've also heard babies crying, and very occasionally someone speaking. On occasion, I've heard my mother say my name quite clearly, as if trying to get my attention. (She's been dead for four years.)

I was wondering if a lot of you also are very sensitive to smells, to clothing being too tight or itchy, to temperature or weather changes, tastes and textures of food, etc. Generally, I tend to be a "princess and the pea" type person -- which has its good points for an artist/poet, but can also be difficult sometimes. I grew up hearing "don't be so sensitive" -- as if I could help it.

Psychologists are now calling this "sensory defensiveness" -- (of course naming it in the negative rather than the positive -- and in its extreme form it can be negative -- like the amp is turned up too high on the whole world. ) But one of the things that is documented is exactly what we've been talking about. People hear things, especially at night, often music, and go hunting around the house for it. There's speculation that it's the vibration of the earth, electromagnetic fields, etc etc. (No one talks about the spirit world, of course...) But it has been scientifically studied now, so that's kind of interesting.

The Dreamer

sensory defensiveness

Yes, I have that. All the normal senses turned a little too high- also, when I get migraines my senses go totally haywire- smells unbearable, taste too strong, sounds overpowering, colors glowing out.
Actually, it was after a really massive migraine that I started really having major intuition which I did not have before. It makes me wonder if this is all just our brains being tweaked to become a better conductor/ reciever or something.

I don't know if any of that is related to the phenomenon of hearing things which aren't there, though.

Simone

I also have had the experience of something different (I am not going to hijack the thread, I hope ;) ), but I think it might be interesting in the general context:

When I am in a meditative or very quiet state, sudden noises, and they do not have to be especially loud for that matter, create like a flash of coloured light through my energy, and often enough I jump, startled. If my eyes are closed, I see the flash, if not, I just feel it, like a disruption of my quiet state.

Once, I was with a friend in a Reiki exchange between several people, I was the receiver so quite quiet and relaxed, and my friend was working "on" me. Suddenly, one of the others of the group hit inadvertently his foot on a chair, it was not loud, just a "tock", but to me it sounded like an explosion, and my friend afterwards told me she had sensed the "shockwaves" going through my energy :)

With music, I have also experienced another phenomenon - the one of my energies dancing to music that touches me :) as you may have found out by now, I am often quite aware of my own energies, and sometimes, I feel like I am dancing even though my physical body sits still.

Yep, if I told all this to my mom, she'd think I'm a weirdo, but I do not think so!

Thanks for listening ;)

Love
Simone

The Dreamer

synesthesia flash

I have also experienced seeing colored light flashes while in a relaxed state, usually when about to drift off to sleep with closed eyes, when I hear a sudden or loud noise. Almost said that in my last post but thought it off topic.
Doesn't have much to do with divination.

Skydancer

---> I feel like I am dancing even though my physical body sits still. <----

I do that too! Although sometimes I think it shows on the outside as well. I choreograph in my head all the time, to whatever music is playing or is playing in my head. Hmmm ....

And yes, I have had a sentence, or command, spoken to me in my mind - not like it was a person in the room, but very clear, a sort of unisex pitch, and very clear and concise, and very appropriate at the time. Called me by name, and when I "talk to myself in my head, you know, those endless tapes" I never use my name. I mean, I don't call myself by name. Never. So yes, instruction or info will come to you in whatever way it can get through.

I am "something of an empath" and also clairaudiant(sp) - obviously!!

But I am a visual learner - still trying to work it all out. And I've been at it a long time, as I have been upon this earth for just over half a century. :)

*S*

edited to add: being super sensitive can be anoying at times, lots of times, when the radio or TV is just the little-est bit too loud or too soft and it wasn't a few minutes ago (commercials not withstanding). I am super aware of light for example - a flashlight in my eyes will give me an instant headache; however, the up side is that I can find my way around campsites and woods in total darkness. Downside, camp mates are always asking me to go fetch things. *sigh*

I just wanted to say that there is a reason for everything, and I think the fun is not getting the one correct answer but in the journey toward discovering the many answers. Like here - no one right Tarot, no one right way of really anything. The joy is knowing that "we" are not alone, that we are not crazy, that we are indeed privileged to be able to tune into sights and sounds and meanings, that so many others around us are too preoccupied or afraid of being different to notice.
The earth and spirits, if you will, speak all the time; our own particular brains and personality is how it gets interpreted. but yes, I wish they would "speak English" more ~

... did that make sense?

stella01904

MM ~ Yes, that's similar to something I've seen something on TV about people with odd wiring, they can see sounds. When a dog barks, for instance, they see certain shapes coming out of his mouth. Don't mean to hijack the thread, either, and I don't, at present, know what this might or might not have to do with divination but I wouldn't write it off completely. After all, we are learning a language of symbols and they are seeing symbols of sounds. BB, Stella