Fairy Tale Spread #1: Mirror, Mirror

ArwenNightstar

Someone asked about a spread to help with finding yourself. I was playing around with the things I would want to know and the image of a mirror came to me. Now this is a hand held mirror.

~~~[size=+2]7[/size]~~~
[size=+2]5[/size] ~~~~~[size=+2]6[/size]
~~~[size=+2]4[/size]~~~
~~~[size=+2]3[/size]~~~
~~~[size=+2]2[/size]~~~
~~~[size=+2]1[/size]~~~

1. Holding the Mirror (Foundation. What I’ve brought to this moment in my life)
2. Dark Mirror Image (Dark self – flaws I need to address)
3. Bright Mirror Image (Bright self – potential I need to use)
4. Breaking the Mirror (Obstacle – What do I hang on to that I need to shatter so I can move on?)
5. Looking in the mirror (How I see myself)
6. Looking out of the mirror (how I see others)
7. Mirror, Mirror On The Wall (The Final Piece of Advice)

ArwenNightstar

ArwenNightstar said:

~~~[size=+2]7[/size]~~~
[size=+2]5[/size] ~~~~~[size=+2]6[/size]
~~~[size=+2]4[/size]~~~
~~~[size=+2]3[/size]~~~
~~~[size=+2]2[/size]~~~
~~~[size=+2]1[/size]~~~

Someone who is new to the thread and a bit shy about posting here just yet made the following suggestion.

"
I like this spread - it asks and answers a lot of really good questions. I added a card (between five and six, over four) for how others see me (what can I say, I'm curious, and the space was there) which I personally found helpful."

WalesWoman

I like this spread, think I will comb my hair first before looking in that mirror. I can't wait to try it out and will probably post it later.
Thanks for sharing it.

ArwenNightstar

WalesWoman said:
I like this spread, think I will comb my hair first before looking in that mirror. I can't wait to try it out and will probably post it later.
Thanks for sharing it.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

RedMaple

Who's the Fairest One of All?

I suggest you add this question somewhere -- we all hear it when you ask the "Mirror, Mirror..." part. It could be what you most cherish, or the part of yourself most beautiful and brilliant, but perhaps overlooked? Or perhaps it is what you value most? Or what you emulate but have not yet achieved? Or what you feel you have lost...and how do you find it/love it again? Lots of possibilities.

I'd place it central in the mirror. I'd like it to be number 6 which is a strange and ecstatic number, but that's just me. :)

(edited to change "7" to "6" - woops! )

ArwenNightstar

RedMaple said:
I suggest you add this question somewhere -- we all hear it when you ask the "Mirror, Mirror..." part. It could be what you most cherish, or the part of yourself most beautiful and brilliant, but perhaps overlooked? Or perhaps it is what you value most? Or what you emulate but have not yet achieved? Or what you feel you have lost...and how do you find it/love it again? Lots of possibilities.

I'd place it central in the mirror. I'd like it to be number 7 which is a strange and ecstatic number, but that's just me. :)

I struggled with how to add that question. This is a BRILLIANT (pun intended) suggestion, Red Maple. Thank you!

But, grin, I might lay that card outside of the spread since we often do overlook that portion of ourselves. It would be the reflection that we miss.

RedMaple

ArwenNightstar said:
But, grin, I might lay that card outside of the spread since we often do overlook that portion of ourselves. It would be the reflection that we miss.

Glad you like the suggestion. Yes, the part we overlook, where would it be?
(lost in the forest? in the house of dwarves?) giggle

Moonbow

Hi ArwenNightstar

Very imaginative spread, I like it particuarly with RedMaple's suggestion.

Moderator note:
Just to let you know that I have moved Bodhran's reading to the 'Your Readings' forum, hopefully more people will get to see it there.

Moonbow*

ArwenNightstar

Moonbow* said:
Hi ArwenNightstar

Very imaginative spread, I like it particuarly with RedMaple's suggestion.

Moderator note:
Just to let you know that I have moved Bodhran's reading to the 'Your Readings' forum, hopefully more people will get to see it there.

Moonbow*

Thank you! :)

ArwenNightstar

New Tweaked Version of Mirror Mirror

I did this spread today. I added in Tarr and Red Maple's tweaks. Here is the final version (I think... lol). I will post the reading as well in the Reading threads.

~~~6~~~
5 ~~8~~7
~~~4~~~
~~~3~~~
~~~2~~~
~~~1~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~9

1. Holding the Mirror (Foundation. What I’ve brought to this moment in my life)
2. Dark Mirror Image (Dark self – flaws I need to address)
3. Bright Mirror Image (Bright self – potential I need to use)
4. Breaking the Mirror (Obstacle – What do I hang on to that I need to shatter so I can move on?)
5. Looking in the mirror (How I see myself)
6. Looking out of the mirror (how I see others)
7. Mirror, Mirror On The Wall (The Final Piece of Advice)
8. Reflections (How others see me) (Tarr’s tweak)
9. Missing Piece (What Do I Overlook About Myself) (Red Maple’s tweak)