Lenormand/Titania Questions?

Moonbow

I have an idea!

Whilst playing with the Piatnik, I came across two cards together which, I think, could be read in different ways.... *if only I could ask someone with more experience, how they would read them*.

So, I would like to start a thread where we can thrash out some questions and answers. Perhaps we can, not only ask questions, but discuss and debate, and gain ideas and knowledge from each other.

I'll post my question in the next post.......

Moonbow

Clover and Clouds

These two cards turned up in a spread next to each other. Clover first, then Clouds.

As I understand the Lenormand the Clouds card seems to affect the cards it is next to in such a way that they can turn from positive to negative.

My interpretation for Clover is luck, happiness, good fortune, but when next to the Clouds does that mean bad luck and misfortune or would it just be diluted? I am also wondering if, say, all the other cards in the spread were positive could they influence the Clouds card and ditluteit's meaning?

FaeryGodmother

By the book, clouds and clover together can mean you are being your own worst enemy, thinking negative thoughts. When the combo comes in a reading for a client I stress the importance of thinking positively and warn them they are in danger of indulging in thinking negatively.
FGM

Moonbow

I just looked in Kara's combinations and this is what she says. (Hope you don't mind me quoting you Kara)

Clover +clouds: good times are over, or lucky days are soon here.

Kara

:D, contradictory, huh? have to rephrase that, but thanks for bringing it up. I just jotted it all down, like I have it here at home. Anyways, I meant, for me*, depending on the surrounding story, or surrounding mood it is either this or that.
Because the clover is a card which brings a little luck and makes everything brighter, and the clouds is a card which bring trouble or makes everything a little bleaker they equal out - but the energy is still there, and it has to be used.
So, the direction that it will take is indicated by the cards/situation next to it. But the effect of either card is weakened. The luck you get will be somehow smaller, or quickly over, or similiar to what FGM is saying, speckled with small doubts and worries. And, in the other case, the problems you have won't be anything that'll shake up your life.

*can't stress this enough
edited because I can't spell..lol:)

purple_scorp

Clouds - hmm, sky, air, thoughts.....we can change our thoughts so coupled with clover - maybe it's about choosing your luck. The glass is either half-full or empty, depending on your perspective.

I read in another thread on ATF that we should look at the direction that the clouds are facing. Where is their dark side? Were they moving toward, or away from the clover?

I know Moonbow* is using LeNormand deck but I was just curious what you guys think about Titania's clouds. Is the dark side on the left or right in her card?

purple_scorp

Kara

^That's cool, I like that one even better, because it leaves you with free will and a choice... I'll remember this one, I forget sometimes to look for free will. It's so easy to become set in your ways of reading..

FaeryGodmother

I have a question re: Titianas/Lenormand

I personally have found these decks to work best for me without a specific question in mind. I have found that if I'm thinking about a specific thing when I do a seven or nine card draw then the cards simply say what I was thinking. I think this might be because I read in the Titanias book that you should be having a light conversation when shuffleing and not thinking of your concerns and now thats programed in my brain. My question is how does everyone else do it? Do you think of your concern? Or try not to? Does it make a difference?

FGM

tarotlova

Yes, I never ask them a question either, I found it too confusing when I did, I get a much clearer picture of things when I don't!

purple_scorp

No questions from me either. I go the exact opposite way and deliberately clear my mind before pulling any cards.

I may have asked this question before but there are new comers to our threads now, so I'll pose it again.

How do you select your cards, for say a 7 and/or 9 card spread?

I shuffle mine, then fan them out (face down), and then run my fingers along the backs to see which cards emit an energy. Sometimes, I don't even have to touch the cards. I just look at them and some of them almost leap up saying - pick me, pick me.

Which brings me to another interesting experience. Have you ever just recklessly spread all of the cards out on a table, face down, and then said aloud which card you wanted to pick, and then picked it? I remember two occasions where I did this, as they were on on consecutive days. I was with my sister and said, I think I'll pick the tower today and sure enough I did (first card). Then the next day, I was sitting with the same sister, my mum, and my aunty and we were selecting seven cards each (though one at a time - rotating selection around the table). I said, hmm, I think I need the sun today and waved my hand over the backs of the randomly spread cards. My mum and aunty looked at me as though I was from another planet. My sister just smiled and said, she can do it, she did it yesterday. Sure enough, I did it again. I drew the Sun as my first card.

purple_scorp