Ouija experiences

cjtarot

Psychic Boards

Hi,

I have used the Psychic Circle. It moved with only me touching it, but unfortunately, the quality of mine is not the greatest.

I have been asked (by one of my guides) to make my own board. I would love to duplicate the Psychic Circle style. But alas, I sew and was actaually asked not to paint (I'm that bad).

One of these days I'll figure out a way. Maybe find an artist who will draw the board on paper and I can decapage (can't spell) it onto a board.

MY ADVISE. Always cast a circle of protection around yourself, and if you are working with someone else, have them do the same. AND..don't always believe everything it says..there are tricksters on the other side too ya know.

BB

CJ

psychic sue

Ouija

Hi Eric

You obviously have inherited your grandmother's psychic gift.

My mother also has a way with the Ouija - although she uses a glass and letters and numbers cut out and placed in the form of a circle. I wouldn't say that anything bad ever happened, although we did have some strange phenomena occur from time to time. For example, when we had finished "playing" we put the glass back in the cabinet where we took it from. It was a long-stemmed wine glass. About 30 minutes later, the glass completely shattered which made us all sit up and take notice!

One thing I would say though, is that I really believe that before you begin, you should ask your spirit guide/guardian angel/gatekeeper (however you refer to them) to protect you and keep anything negative away. I think the danger lies not so much in what happens, but in how secure you are in your own mind. The above experience may have freaked some people out (it freaked me out for a while!) but in some cases, it could have been really really traumatic for the person involved.

Of course it may be that we are controlling the glass/planchette subconsciously. What do others feel about this?

EricTheHermit

Some occultists believe that by using devices like the Ouija board, one can develop psychic talents - that the board can help unlock these talents. They're almost like rechargeable psychic batteries. Psychic energies build up while you're using the board. These energies help you communicate with spirits. Normally, you are in complete control of these energies, but sometimes they burst out, popping like an overinflated balloon.

Sometimes these psychic energy manifestations can be misinterpreted as encounters with hostile spirits. The planchette may fly across the room, a breeze may blow inside the room, etc., and the user fears that they have aroused a bad spirit. In your case, the wine glass may have been filled with so much pyschic energy that it shattered from the strong vibrations. Of course, proving whether or not an event like that is caused by psychic engergy is, well, kind of hard. :)

The "psychic battery" theory seems credible to me. I experienced heightened psychic perceptions after I began using a Ouija as a child. I have read about others who have gained clairvoyance and other extrasensory perceptions as a result of their using such devices.

I also believe that in some cases, the user may be psychically controlling the board instead of a spirit. In that scenario, the subconscious mind moves the planchette with psychokinetic energy. The conscious mind is not aware of the psychokinetic output and thinks a spirit is at work. Usually, when this happens, the person using the Ouija board has not approached the device with a clear mind and steady emotions. There is a conflict inside the person that's just screaming to get out.

The same psychokinetic theory is also sometimes applied to cases of alleged poltergeist activity. The subconscious mind of a person is in turmoil and fires off bursts of psychokinetic energy which are mistaken for poltergeists. Objects fly across rooms, objects on shelves shake, doors slam on their own. A trained parapsychologist with the right equipment can tell if a poltergeist event is really a haunting or the work of a troubled mind.

In cases of subconscious psychokinetic reactions from troubled minds, the person in question is often a teenager, mostly female. When a girl goes through puberty, her body and mind energies are both very strong and very unstable as they go through the transformation. Add to this a distressing conflict - say, her parents' pending divorce - and you have a recipe for subconscious psychokinetic reaction. Take away the distressing conflict, and the subconscious manifestations cease.

Devices like Ouija boards should be studied thoroughly, scientifically, and with an open mind. But scientists are reluctant to do such studies because the paranormal invites ridicule from their colleagues and hostility from religious groups who consider such studies a sin. The fact that religious leaders and conservatives hate things like Ouija boards and tarot cards comes as no surprise when you think about it. In the Bible's book of Genesis, the tree that grows the forbidden apples is called the Tree of Knowledge.

Ignorance is bliss. :)

- Eric

Moonbow

I don't have any experience of using a Ouija board myself, but when I was about 12 I had a friend who's family did. Interestingly psychic sue, they used letters and an up-turned glass too. I remember that her familly came from Manchester way and it was very common for them - adult men and women to use it quite regularly. She was never allowed to until she was about 12 and they let her for the first time.

She said the glass spelt out that she was too young to be at the table, it then filled with a mist, which of course shook everyone there. Then one of her aunties took the glass to the sink and washed it out!! I remember that it spooked her though and she never used one again.

The Dreamer

I tend to doubt that what kind of board is used- psychic circle, ouija, or just table and glass- makes any difference to what result will be obtained. I can't be sure that the media themselves don't actually "attract" spirits, of course, but at this point I view the results as being based more upon the intent of the user and their subconsicous and and conscious ideas and emotional energies which might create or invite the manifestation than upon the medium itself (the medium effects the subconscious, of course.)
People casting protective circles and calling upon guides and such may just be a way of having strong focused intention. Or, such guides and spirits might really exist. (I don't have reason yet to believe in guides and such and have not needed protective circle rituals- yet such guides may exist, and such rituals may be useful to many.)

Psychic energies build up while you're using the board. These energies help you communicate with spirits.
Or, are those "spirits" only your own energies? How do you know what you're communicating with (via ouija devices or not), and that it's not just a manifestation of your own mind and energy? Even if one got true information from "spirit communication" perhaps it could be caused by a psychic "information gathering function" one is tapping into, and not actual entity contact. And the veracity of some "psychically recieved" information is more easily testable than others. Attributing where the information comes from seems the hardest part, to me.

A trained parapsychologist with the right equipment can tell whether a poltergiest event is really a haunting or the work of a troubled mind.
That's news to me. I'd like to know where these parapsychologists are, and what equipment they would use to do that. Because,
proving whether or not an event like that is caused by psychic energy is, well, kind of hard.

Indeed.
The fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. So tantalizing, yet so hard to reach. :)

stella01904

MM ~ I've tried off and on for years and never could get the darned planchette to move. My friends at another forum were warning me off, saying never to touch the thing. We had a big discussion and the matter finally settled with the conclusion that Ouija is marketed in an irresponsible manner, like a kids plaything or a gag. Therefore it attracts low spirits. I still don't know, I've always been able to scry, read cards, use a pendulum. But I've never gotten that silly planchette to move. BB, Stella

DragonLover

interesting enough, when searching for boards online, and i looked on amazon.com, it was under "games" and the toys r us section... and they had tha "ages X and up" thing on some, but the parker brothers glow in the dark one actually said "ages 18 and up" while all the others were "7 and up" or "8 and up". huh. I just found it interesting that some people are starting to consider it more serious, hence the 18 and up warning?

gargoyle_guarded

Ouija board

Here is the coolest Ouija board I've ever seen.

http://www.abaxion.com/0001.htm

It's actually called a Talking Spirit Board. The board is wooden and approximately the size of a large pizza. There is no problem with the planchette slipping off the board as with your typical boards because this board is circular, and so is the planchette.

I own one of these boards and I love it. It is so different from the rest I've seen.

stella01904

MM ~ I like the cemetary motif on these: http://www.graveaddiction.com/makeouija.html I suppose it would be easy enough to make a board, if one takes the time. I've also seen images of fancy wood-and-brass automatic writing planchettes - can't post a link to an auction here, but a bit of googling will bring them up for anyone who is interested. BB, Stella

EricTheHermit

Both those boards looked beautiful! Parker Brothers owns the patents for William Fuld's Ouija layout and the name Ouija, so other companies like the ones who make those two boards use their own special layouts and materials. They're all great tools for the spiritualist. There's nothing like a wooden board and planchette. :)

- Eric