Alchemists Spread

Free Flight

I started this question in the Talking Tarot forum and thought rather than continue it in the wrong place I would post correctly. (Sorry am a newbie)...
The alchemists, reportedly devised by Nostradamus is meant to only be used on each Querant once in their lifetime only. It is meant to have deeply mystical undertones. Kitty Fisher game me some answers but I wanted to know if anyone knows anything else about it.
As I am a beginner to Tarot readings, I dont want to use up my once in a lifetime allowance to do this spread on myself before I am more accomplished. I have heard about the mythical undertones relating to this spread and that it gives you an overview of your life at birth, now, and at death so it is a very 'heavy' spread so to speak. But I wondered does anyone know more about it? Why is it only able to be done once in a life time? and what would happen if you did it twice in one lifetime or perhaps even three times?

Kit

I've followed you here, Free Flight! (Yes, watch out...I'm stalking you around the forum...just kidding!) :laugh: :joke:

Retrieved my notebook from my friend today and looked up this spread.
You have got this spread, haven't you? In the other thread you said you'd heard about it so I wasn't sure.
I'll post it here anyway for others not familiar with it:

The Alchemist's Spread

. . . . . . . .. . [1]

. . . [4]. . . . . . . . . . . . .[5]

. . . [2] . . . . . . . . . . . . [3]

. . . . . . . . . . [6]

1st Card- Past
Sums up the Querant's past life achievements
2nd Card- The Present
Sums up all the Querant will achieve in this life
3rd Card- The Future
The Querant's final position on the Wheel of Life
4th Card- Immediate Future Influences
Influences acting upon the Querant in the very near future
5th Card- Intermediate Future Influence
Influences acting upon the Querant within the next few years or so
6th Card- Long Term Future Influences
Influences acting upon the Querant towards the end of their life

And that's all this girl knows.
Perhaps if you aren't ready to do this spread yourself, yet still want to get it done soon, you could find a professional reader willing to do this spread for you. If you do, choose the reader wisely.

Best of Luck,
Kit

Edited to Add: If you join up the cards, they form a pentagram.

HudsonGray

A pentagram is 5 points, this looks more like a Jewish star (6 points). Which makes sense, 6, 8 and 9 pointed stars were considered alchemical symbols back in Nostradamus's day.

gomab11

Is it true??

Is it true u can only do this spread on yourself once in a lifetime, and what would happen if u did it twice or 3 times? does anyone know? i would like to have these questions answered before i do this spread. I am only 27yrs old and have alot of plans for my life on the table right now. i would not like to do this spread and see i end up no where in life so that would mean that all i am doin now if for naught?? someone help out a new guy please!!

Free Flight

gomab11 said:
Is it true u can only do this spread on yourself once in a lifetime, and what would happen if u did it twice or 3 times? does anyone know? i would like to have these questions answered before i do this spread. I am only 27yrs old and have alot of plans for my life on the table right now. i would not like to do this spread and see i end up no where in life so that would mean that all i am doin now if for naught?? someone help out a new guy please!!

Hi There

I have asked myself this question many times. Apparently this is a very potent spread made by Nostradamus. But is this merely more tarot superstitions or is it true?

I dont know. I would love to know the answer here or find someone game enough to do it and post it in the my readings section...i was considering myself as guniea pig

I have given this a lot of thought. If you did this spread and it came up for example in a crucial position with Tower, 10 Swords etc you could become a little despondant. Hence my hesitation doing it.

I spend waay too much time thinking about this spread......

Are you keen? Maybe we should do one for each other in the my readings section and see what happens...I am scared though that in another few years I would want to do it again...but then what would happen? Would i be struck down..? Does that mean it IS superstition?

So many quesions

HudsonGray

I don't buy into the 'once only' thing. People change a lot, especially with unexpected circumstances cropping up. When you think about it--if you did have one of these done say when you're 20 or so, and it tells you whatever it says, WHEN do you look back on your life & go 'oh yeah, it was right after all'? When you're on your death bed? It's hardly useful that way!

Seems like another one of those myths, something to seem mysterious and important, but give it a few moment's of thought & it seems actually sort of pointless.

Use it as a learning experience? At what point in your life?

Aspire to work toward the end shown? And miss out on what else?

Have it be the sum total of who you are? What if it shows up 3 years from now, THEN what do you have to look forward to for the next 30 years since your lifespan keeps on rolling?

Considering the number of spreads that are actually USEFUL, why not focus on those & bypass this one. It's too cut & dried that your life is already preset in some way from start to finish. I prefer to believe that we change things with our choices, and serendipity comes into play as well--both of which would negate a once in a lifetime reading.

gomab11

Dont believe it

I don't think i beleive the once in a lifetime thing either, as tarot readers we all know there is a spiritual world, but as people we are given a will and allthough outside sources can effect us, they don't make decisions for us, thus the reason tarot can only give us possible futures and not exact, because we are so unpredictable and so many things everyday change us, thus changing our futures all the time. Now some people are more prdictable than others making it easy to see the outcome of certain things, no different than a 30 yr old being able to tell a teenager the outcome of some kind of relationship problem without the tarot. That person is just a little further down the road. I think this spread is no different than any other, it is to be used as learining tool, as with all spreads. What good is it too know how the end of your life will go, if u can't inact any change too it. that would make us robots and we all know that is not true. So if anyone is willing i will be a guinea pig for this one. also where is the readings section that kit was talking about? i would love to go their. i think by being able to see how other people interpret some of the cards in different readings will help me in my "story "telling also. Also does anyone know anything about the gilded tarot is that a good card?

Moonbow

Hi gomab11

Welcome to Aeclectic

There is a 'Your Readings' forum and a 'Reading Exchange' forum which can be found here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/index.php?

Before participating in a forum, please read the guidelines at the top of each one. For example you will see in the 'Reading Exchange' forum that you need 25 posts to take up an offer.

As far a the Gilded Tarot goes, you will find threads started on this deck in the 'Tarot Decks' section and by using the search button at the top.

Moonbow*

gomab11

thanks

thanks moon bow, for the info. i will have the 25 post by the end of the day, LOL. Have so many questions i had signed up awhile ago waiting to be approved but took forever so i signed up again and this time i made it :) i will go to see what people have to say about the gilded tarot, thanks again, from the new guy

mike gorth

I don't really think there this is any "once in a lifetime" deal. I mean, the tarot helps you access the akashic records and such. Well if you did a reading of the akashic records and it answered all of these questions, is your house going to be struck by a thunderbolt? Prooooobably not.

Mike Gorth