Alchemists Spread

Elven

Hi All .....

Oh I love these sorts of spreads, but I truely dont believe that they are for a lifetime. I see them being more suitable when used with numerology and they are used to forecast blocks of cycles in our lives like the seven and nine year cycles.

I feel that they give a better reading for a series of Life Cycles and not just one Life Cycle.

*Nostradamus turns in his grave at Elvens comments*

I will post a spread which I think explains this with the Numerology calculations attatched in a different thread.

Blessings
Elven x

Glass Owl

Has anyone has used this spread with The Lost Tarot of Nostradamus Tarot deck?

QabbalisticCabbage

it looks like, when joined up the cards can aslo form a unicursal hexagram, as well as a star of david. kind of accidentally realised this when sketching it out and joining them up with lines lol.

Oh I love these sorts of spreads, but I truely dont believe that they are for a lifetime. I see them being more suitable when used with numerology and they are used to forecast blocks of cycles in our lives like the seven and nine year cycles.

I feel that they give a better reading for a series of Life Cycles and not just one Life Cycle.

*Nostradamus turns in his grave at Elvens comments*

I will post a spread which I think explains this with the Numerology calculations attatched in a different thread.

Blessings
Elven x

interested in finding this *goes on a search!*

Chimera Dust

I could be saying something deeply inaccurate, but this is the first time I've heard of this spread, so forgive me if I am wrong.

I don't believe there are any "once in a lifetime spreads". I also don't believe that most spreads will absolutely tell you your future, at least, a future that you can't change. My opinion is that the Tarot is about what will happen if you head down the path you're currently on, but you can still make a change.

My skeptical side can't help but think that it's "once in a lifetime" for two reasons. One of them would be that this way, people would be scared of asking it questions, thus avoiding possible consequences -- such as assuming that that's set on stone, and becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. The main reason was probably that if someone got different answers every time this spread was used to read about them, they could assume that since the cards weren't giving a final answer, that it was all a sham. As I said, I may be wrong and I would be interested in hearing more about it.

polarspirit

In my opinion, the reason why it is "once in a lifetime" spread is because everyone's life is sort of predetermined from birth. Everything that will happen, will happen. Yeah sure, you can still change things if you make other decisions, but what I'm talking about is the major events in life, in a very general sense (Eg if you are wealthy in life). So, in a way, a person's life is fixated to an extend. The purpose of Alchemist's Spread is to tell you the 'fixated things' in life, to tell you the things that you will be going through. Hence, there's only a need to know it once, hence, there's only a need to do this spread "once in a lifetime".

That's how I see it as. In the world of Tarot, there're 3 ways of interpretation. First is literal, second is figurative, third is symbolism. If literal doesn't make sense, which clearly doesn't for "once in a lifetime" when I can clearly do it the second time, then you have to interpret it in a different manner.

Obviously you can do it the second time, it's not like you are going to hell for doing it. In my opinion, Tarot involves intuition. And most of the times, the first draw of Tarot cards that your intuition had guided you is the best answer. If you second guess your own intuition, you aren't going to get the best answer. Ever had the feeling that something is going to happen but you second guessed it and then it turned out your initial intuition was right? Yes, this is the reason why this spread can only be done once for the best answer.

It's always the first one that matters most, be it first love or first passion or whatever. "First" is a very powerful word.

Rachel082175

I've had this deck for many years; it's one of my fave's

I don't think i beleive the once in a lifetime thing either, as tarot readers we all know there is a spiritual world, but as people we are given a will and allthough outside sources can effect us, they don't make decisions for us, thus the reason tarot can only give us possible futures and not exact, because we are so unpredictable and so many things everyday change us, thus changing our futures all the time. Now some people are more prdictable than others making it easy to see the outcome of certain things, no different than a 30 yr old being able to tell a teenager the outcome of some kind of relationship problem without the tarot. That person is just a little further down the road. I think this spread is no different than any other, it is to be used as learining tool, as with all spreads. What good is it too know how the end of your life will go, if u can't inact any change too it. that would make us robots and we all know that is not true. So if anyone is willing i will be a guinea pig for this one. also where is the readings section that kit was talking about? i would love to go their. i think by being able to see how other people interpret some of the cards in different readings will help me in my "story "telling also. Also does anyone know anything about the gilded tarot is that a good card?

this deck is one of my favorites; I especially love her interpretation of the Lovers card...she explains it as to be more of Love and relationships are one of if not the biggest decisions we make in our lives.. where we learn the greatest lessons in life about ourselves and Life..where as old school interpretations read it as a third party who interferes with our love relationship...because of this deck I forever read the lovers card as i believe to be true and when it shows up in a reading it is about Love not a third party involved...it speaks of Lovers which to me is a beautiful card