Tarot Shadow Work

HOLMES

hmm

i did half of the excerises in the book
i didnt' finish for it is extremely hard, oh yes, yet one doesn't have to make an alter or call the shadow goddess who protects the bridge.
you can call your own spirit guide,
or if you have trouble with anything outside of yourself you can simply ask for help from the wisdom of the universe.

amaretta

HOLMES said:
i did half of the excerises in the book
i didnt' finish for it is extremely hard, oh yes, yet one doesn't have to make an alter or call the shadow goddess who protects the bridge.
you can call your own spirit guide,
or if you have trouble with anything outside of yourself you can simply ask for help from the wisdom of the universe.
Same here.
Though author mentions words like 'Dark Goddess' protection', actually there is nothing 'pagan' in her book (IMHO). She repeats again and again: "No ritual is sacred unless it is sacred to you". You can find pagan stuff on the verbal level, but in practice it's all very rational, deeply based on Jungian psychology and common methods of self-helping.
"No magic comes from cards, the magic only comes from you", Jette says.
'Shadow altar', 'circle of protection', any ritual or stuff you can use must only help to concentrate yourself on 'shadow work'.
'Protection' is very important word in this context. "Remember, you are safe, protected and can leave any time", author says. The process is very hard and painful. If you are Christian (as myself, for example) you can ask our Lord or Virgin Mary to protect you. If you don't believe in God (or gods and goddesses) at all you can easy explain 'Dark Goddess' as an archetype, a part of your own psyche knowing wisdom which your Self doesn't know yet. So it can guide and protect you, too.

As for my own expirience, I am still in progress but have to say this book already changed my life someway.

Pipistrelle

amaretta said:
Same here.
Though author mentions words like 'Dark Goddess' protection', actually there is nothing 'pagan' in her book (IMHO). She repeats again and again: "No ritual is sacred unless it is sacred to you". You can find pagan stuff on the verbal level, but in practice it's all very rational, deeply based on Jungian psychology and common methods of self-helping.
This is actually what I wanted to hear amaretta :) I want something rational and logical, that I can understand and explain.

amaretta said:
As for my own expirience, I am still in progress but have to say this book already changed my life someway.

Thank you for adding your thoughts. I will take another look at it.

amaretta

Glad to help you, Pipistrelle :)
It's all IMHO though, but for me it is very rational and 'psychological'.