Personal 'tools' for divination

Cagedflame

To me, the most important divinatory tool is the mind. I could never explain it fully, or how to do it, but I find that for 'true' divination I need to let my mind settle into a 'submerged' state. All the ways that could be are somewhat like ocean currents, and if you float in them you can feel them and follow them. Sometimes they even flow backwards into the past or sideways into the present states of other people in other places. If only partially submerged, sort of in that place where all the currents are and here at the same time, I can use methods like cards, stones, free drawing and then seeing things in the pictures, etc. All the way submerged is visions, sometimes disturbingly intense and complete with physical feeling and smell.

My new idea is to get packages of those colored sands, get myself partially submerged, and to swirl some of each of the colors together on a saucer to make images to see into. Or it could be done with finger paints, I suppose, but that requires more cleanup. :D

Milfoil

PS Milfoil, last time I was by the sea I was in Cleveleys, near Blackpool. Do you know it?

Yes, I know Cleveleys & Blackpool, I live a little further north though.

Sometimes they even flow backwards into the past or sideways into the present states of other people in other places.

Yes, I've felt that sometimes, not that I feel particularly phsychic but I do think that every one of us has a spark of something sometimes. Developing that ability is an area I would also like to understand better.

psychic sue

Morning everyone,

Had a go at shell reading last night.

It was one of those long horn-shaped sheels - quite small.

I concentrated on it and noticed the coloured bands running around the outiside - this reminded me of PHI and how everything in the universe is engineered and connected.

As I looked at the shell it seemed to turn into a lobster-scorpion - which of course relates to Scorpio (are any of you scorpio? I am pisces) and the moon (yet again the moon comes up). The Tarot Card Moon of course represents the unconscious, images and dreams, very appropriate for what I was doing.

I think this was again ponting me to the moon as a starting point, but also telling me what the Moon card would - that our psychic eyes are opening and that we are beginning a new phase of our development.

Anyone else got any comments?

Cagedflame

Perhaps the message may be to look further into Moon cards... the message hidden in the Moon card of one of your decks. Possibly also a warning... the moon can also be 'bad' lunacy sometimes as well as the 'good lunacy' of inspiration and visions and intuition.

psychic sue

I have been reading up on the moon card - I know what you mean about the "reverse" side of it, and although I saw the scorpion, I didn't feel that it was bad.

I felt more that it was a message to open up our minds (as we are trying to do) and accept the images that are given to us.

But thanks for your input - its important that we examine both sides of the coin when we get these things.

Sue x

psychic sue

In my meditation last night I saw a really old, weatherworn face, with long dark hair. I am tempted to say native american, but that sounds such a cliche! However, I do know that one of my guides is a native american so it could possibly have been him.

I didn't get any message or anything, just saw his face. But as he is my Gatekeeper, I am wondering if this was a message to tell us we are being protected?

Sue x

psychic sue

Cagedflame said:
My new idea is to get packages of those colored sands, get myself partially submerged, and to swirl some of each of the colors together on a saucer to make images to see into. Or it could be done with finger paints, I suppose, but that requires more cleanup. :D

Hi C - have to tried the sand yet? I'm dying to know about how you got on!

Sue

psychic sue

Last night I saw honeycomb - connected to the bees thing again I think. All about networking and making connections with other people?

psychic sue

Sorry, to post AGAIN but had to let you know,

I got up this morning and when I was in the bathroom, I looked down and saw the biggest bumble bee I had ever seen. It was HUGE.

The universe is definitely sending me a message I think.

Sue

Milfoil

It certainly sounds like it. I've had a similar experience with a 'higher force' making me realise that I can't control everything, I need to let go and stop worrying etc, Even TV programs seem to be telling me to take a chance and relax about things, everyone has their ups and downs - just go with the flow.

Several things from different areas that grab your attention - is that whats termed as synchronicity?