A palmistry question...

calligirl

I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me. I have read the posts about reading palms and I've read several books on the subject.

What I would like to know is why I have a very solid ego line on my right (dominant) hand, dead center and very prominant while on my left hand, I have what looks like four \\\\ stacked on one another up the center of my hand. They do not touch. The destiny line is very similar on both hands and the fate, heart and life lives are mirror images.

The right hand has overlapping very obvious triangles but because of the above mentioned \\\\, the left hand doesn't, only one triangle.

What does this mean, if anything?

Alissa

calligirl said:
What I would like to know is why I have a very solid ego line on my right (dominant) hand, dead center and very prominant while on my left hand, I have what looks like four \\\\ stacked on one another up the center of my hand. They do not touch. The destiny line is very similar on both hands and the fate, heart and life lives are mirror images.
I'm not sure if I'm picturing this right, but it sounds like on your dominant hand you have a pronounced Ego Line, but on your Parents hand, there is no ego line?

I'm confused because you also say you have a Fate Line (same line as Ego) as a mirror image on both hands.

First of all, I want to clarify that I normally do NOT read someone's non-dominant (Parents) hand.

However, if there are disconnected lines that sort of form what would be an Ego line on your parents hand, it would suggest to me that your parents have probably led dissociative lives, and/or have divorced. They have extremely separate paths, and those paths may have led their relationship to dissolve and "go separate ways" (as suggested by your separate, non touching lines).

I have a similar mark to this on my Parents hand, and I can recognize which lines are "my dad" and which ones are "my mom". My parents led very separate lives - cohabitating for about 23 years until they finally divorced.

As with all palmistry questions answered without seeing the palm itself, please take this with a grain of salt. Hope these ideas help.

calligirl

Sorry, Alissa

I don't have my terms right! I have a very strong Ego/Fate line in the center of my right hand and a somewhat strong destiny line (runs from under my pinkie down to beginning of the Ego line. Together with the other lines which are all very deep and distinct, I have two very clear triangles.

But on my left hand, the Ego/Fate line is not solid at all but four distinct separate lines. Looks like someone took an eraser and swiped one of the lines into fragments. What you said about the parents rings true as my parents were married almost 50 years but there was definite distance between them especially in the later years.

I find this all very interesting but for some reason (and evidenced by my confusion in posting), I have a mental block as to what the lines are called and can't remember them from one day to the next. I have attempted to study palmistry several times but each time, it's like learning something completely new. I have absolutely no recall for this which is odd because in other things, I read or see it once and I know it forever. Maybe it's something I'm not supposed to be concerned with. My tarot and my runes are keeping me busy enough, I guess.

Alissa

Don't fret calligirl, I STILL can't remember the astronomical names for the fingers (which is Mercury, which is Saturn?) and I've been reading on palmistry for about 4 years now. It can be a very confusing subject to study, and of course there are about a zillion different books with often very different ways to read palms.

If it is easier, remember instead there are 4 major lines:

The Life line - near your thumb
The Head line - across the middle of the hand
The Heart line - nearest the fingers
The Ego/Fate line - right down the center of the palm

Even knowing the basics on these 4 lines alone can give you a strong palmistry platform to build from. The Intuition line is tempting to include in this list, but not everyone has one. And I do believe almost every palm I've ever read had these four lines.

And by all means, if Tarot and runes are occupying most of your occult studies... go for it! You have an entire life to learn palmistry (and I'm beginning to think it would take at least that long to try to master the subject).

The best way I can put the disjointed Ego lines on your parents' hand is: your parents lead very separate lives. They are likely *not* a cohesive unit, a true couple, so much as 2 separate people who cohabitated longterm. (Again, I speak mostly from personal experience when giving this example).