Spirit Guide Group: Encounters

Sophie-David

Good Morning Sue!

Yes, I think its important to record these things - the praying hands are a beautiful image, it reminds me of the "God grant me the serenity" prayer.

I get these two second flashes sometimes when I'm working quietly. Its a bit frustrating because I rarely remember what they are, or if I do it always seems I return from the trance just before I would have found the key to "life, the universe, and everything";) (Douglas Adams). It may just be the mind taking a little break, rebalancing itself after doing something mundane or overly analytical. I don't seem to have much trouble intentionally entering trance so I suppose I shouldn't worry about these incomplete encounters too much.:)

David

RedMaple

psychic sue said:
Just wanted to post 2 things:-

1. The card I drew for my angel was Strength.

2. I began to do David's meditation last night, but was hijacked by someone called "Len" - he wrote his name for me - it looked liked a child's writing but I am sure he is a man.

I am wondering whether this is another guide I had, or whether I was just contacting the spirit world as I opened up.

I saw turquoise lights flashing around my bed last night and when I closed my eyes to meditate, I could only see turquise and purples "blobs" swirling around in front of me. These eventually turned black (like a balckboard) and a body-less hand wrote "Len" on the "blackboard". I asked for something else and he showed me some christmas bells. I couldn't get anything else.

Sue x

Hi Sue, I PM'd you. I know who "Len" is -- he is deceased, Native, (probably the "tanned" guy you saw who looked like he worked outside. I just finished writing a poem about him for his sister.

Can you describe the bells for me? How do you know they were Christmas bells? Were they jingle bells? Thanks.

RedMaple

RedMaple

Son of Cups

Years ago I did a meditation where I entered cards, trying to get to know them better. I chose cards that I was particularly drawn to. I don't remember if I was specifically looking for a guide, I was trying to get to know the cards.

One of the cards i entered was the Son of Cups in the Motherpeace Deck. In that image, he is sitting on a lotus, playing the flute.

I don't remember whether he has blue skin on the card, but he was blue in my meditation. His flute playing was incredibly beautiful and peaceful. I was filled with a sense of being loved unconditionally, a feeling of overwhelming love. I was overcome with tears, as at that time I often felt unloveable.

I have felt his presence on other occasions. He is the joyous, loving, gentle son. There is a strong sense that what I am seeing is a manifestation, a form that I will understand and relate to, like a mask of the divine.

A part of my own psyche, a spirit guide, an aspect of the Divine, a god an angel...I shy away from all that language. I'm not sure what to call this kind of encounter or how to explain it, but the experience was intense and healing, and taught me compassion for myself when I really needed that lesson. I know there is a loving presence always there, always available. It is only that sometimes I forget to pay attention.

Sophie-David

RedMaple said:
A part of my own psyche, a spirit guide, an aspect of the Divine, a god an angel...I shy away from all that language. I'm not sure what to call this kind of encounter or how to explain it, but the experience was intense and healing, and taught me compassion for myself when I really needed that lesson. I know there is a loving presence always there, always available. It is only that sometimes I forget to pay attention.
Hi RedMaple

Yes, I can definitely identify with this type of experience. The language does get in the way doesn't it? I think "a loving presence" sums it up very well.

Blessings
David

psychic sue

I have posted the following in Meditations, but this could also be an encounter so posted here too:-

In my meditation last night I saw :-

I saw a full figured Hawaain (sp?) looking woman, who had her arms open. She had a flower garland around her neck (a lei is it called) and was smiling the most beautiful smile. She then faded out of view.

I heard someone say "I can't go outside" so I mentally asked "why?" and they replied "it's too complicated to explain".

I then saw a pair of hands playing a piano (have you noticed I seem to see disembodied hands quite a lot. I saw a pair of hands in the prayer position the other night - I wonder what this means?).

Then I saw a pair of hands turning over pages in a book or newspaper. I tried to see what was printed on the paper, but it was out of focus.

I saw a bright vivid green colour and "within" this colour I saw a cactus and then an armadillo, both bright vivid green.

Finally, I felt like my right eye was missing. It was a very strange feeling. I wondered if I was picking up on a spirit who only had one eye, or an injured eye, when alive.

The above may seem like ramblings, but I think it's best to post everything, a) for future reference and b) in case these images mean anything to anyone.

I am going to google some of these symbols to see if I can shed any light.

Blessings

Sue x x

Just edited to say: these images were not dreams. I was in a light meditation and fully aware of my surroundings.

PS - Armadillo is the symbol for Texas and Cactus the symbol of the Mexican culture. I am being pointed to that area of USA for some reason.

Milfoil

Yesterday whilst meditating, as usual I couldn't make much out except for one singular, strong image. A pair of large, rough, work-worn hands (possibly a man??) giving me a crystal which he/she wrapped up in dry grass/hay before handing it to me. I never saw their face or heard any voice but the image was (pardon the pun) crystal clear! This person's sleeves were tattered and dirty and the surroundings were very basic, a dirt floor and a rough wooden object of furniture in the background but the general feeling I got was of complete love and trust and that this gift was highly prized by them and consequently was of great value to give to a stranger. I felt very humbled.

The crystal was like a natural quartz 'rod' around 2" long with a band of orange roughly through the middle (slightly lower). I think it was hung on a leather thong but I can't reliably remember.

Funny you should only see hands too Sue, perhaps a lot of spirits don't like us to see their faces??? Perhaps their own self image is not as strong with them as the images of their bodies ie I see my hands in front of me typing every day, I have a strong self image of my hands but my face, I probably only look in a mirror once a day or so to brush my hair etc. I just wonder if its difficult for some to project their self image easily from a dimension that does not need facial or human images???

psychic sue

Milfoil - you are getting on incredibly well with your development - congratulations!

I found your post intruiging - I think I saw the same man in my meditation a few days ago. The way you describe him is exactly how I saw him. How strange.

The hands - I think this is more a failing on our part than theirs. I have been thinking about it, and I suppose the hands (and eyes) are the most expressive parts of the body in communication. I always see hands and eyes. I think as we progress, we will see more of the body.

I am going to try and deliberately get the arms next time I see hands. See If I can develop it further.

The crytsal was a lovely gift - symbolising for me "clear sight" - clairvoyance?

It is also interesting that we were discussing crystal balls earlier on.

Maybe you should get one?

Sue x

TrueStar

Well, this could be of help in the hands issue or it could be not at all.

Now I'm reading a book on tantric meditation, yoga ("Meditation as Medicine" by Dharma Singh Khalsa), and it states that hand postures (mudras) are connected closely to mind funtions. This relation seems to be scientifically proven.

And, I'm not much into budist ichonography, but I've heard that the hand postures in many sculptures of buda have a special meaning.

I wonder if hand postures have a meaning in dreams and to the unconscious in general. I think it's very possible; I always have seen hands as a fundamental traint of the personality.

Milfoil

psychic sue said:
Milfoil - you are getting on incredibly well with your development - congratulations!

Thankyou, I think we both have come a long way but I personally have a loooong way to go yet I think! You seem to be doing so well, I hope we can continue to support oneanother in these matters. :)

I found your post intruiging - I think I saw the same man in my meditation a few days ago. The way you describe him is exactly how I saw him. How strange.

Really - wow! What sort of impression did you get?

The hands - I think this is more a failing on our part than theirs. I have been thinking about it, and I suppose the hands (and eyes) are the most expressive parts of the body in communication. I always see hands and eyes. I think as we progress, we will see more of the body.

I am going to try and deliberately get the arms next time I see hands. See If I can develop it further.

Could well be - I certainly can't boast my skills so you are most probably right. I will just keep trying to get consistent results rather than the hit & miss affair I seem to have at the moment.

The crytsal was a lovely gift - symbolising for me "clear sight" - clairvoyance?

It is also interesting that we were discussing crystal balls earlier on.

Maybe you should get one?

Sue x

Yes, I was wondering about the orange band on the crystal - orange is the colour of the 2nd chakra and I quote:

2nd Chakra: Sacral - Sexual - (Svadhisthana) Lower abdomen to navel

Element: Water, Emotional identity, oriented to self-gratification

Aligned with the planet Mars and the Sun

Orange is the color of creativity and sexuality.

When this Chakra is blocked we experience: Guilt, stiff lower back, restlessness, confusion and lack of sexual desire or pleasure.
Spiritualy effects : Creativity, harmony, emotional balance, passion, sexuality, freedom and expression of emotions

also

Citrine is a yellow-to-golden member of the quartz mineral group. A deep golden variety from Madiera Spain can resemble the costly imperial topaz gem stone, which is one reason that citrine is a popular birthstone alternative to those born in November.

Citrine has been called the "stone of the mind". Ancient cultures believed that placing a citrine on the forehead of an elder would increase his psychic power.

Not sure about the crystal ball - let me know how you find it (guinea pig!!) hahaha. ;)

I guess I'll just have to keep looking and learning but I am very thankful to the guide who offered me this gift.

Milfoil

TrueStar said:
Well, this could be of help in the hands issue or it could be not at all.

Now I'm reading a book on tantric meditation, yoga ("Meditation as Medicine" by Dharma Singh Khalsa), and it states that hand postures (mudras) are connected closely to mind funtions. This relation seems to be scientifically proven.

And, I'm not much into budist ichonography, but I've heard that the hand postures in many sculptures of buda have a special meaning.

I wonder if hand postures a meaning in dreams and to the unconscious in general. I think it's very possible; always have seen hands as a fundamental traint of the personality.

Thats really interesting Truestar

I've just done a quick google to see the buddhist hand gestures but none of them look similar to my vision.

I think you might be on to something though in a less obvious sense. It certainly bears study.

Thanks