What is a Psychic?

lunarmist

clairvoyance is a psychic ability

Clairvoyance is one of the many 'psychic' abilities from what I have read and heard. There are many different abilities that could consider someone 'psychic'. Personally I don't like to use the word psychic for the same reasons as some have listed here - some people think you are only in it for the $$$, others think you are a freak or a fake and just want attention. I have many abilities that are considered 'psychic abilities' but I would never dream of charging anyone for what I see/hear/feel, I do not like being the center of attention, I'm not a freak - 40 yr old married working mom who looks like the 'girl next door' - so that kinda puts me in a similar position as many, if not all, of you. It is all in your intent and how you use your 'gifts' to help others. Just my humble and rather wordy opinion - sorry about that.

psychic sue

muteswan said:
My question is, is a psychic and a clairvoyant the same thing?

My understanding :

A psychic is someone who feels or sees visions.

A Clairvoyant sees spirit people.

The term Clairvoyant means (I think) clear-seeing. A psychic may only feel an emotion or have a glimpse of an event. The Clairvoyant actually sees and communicates with spirit people.

Just MHO.

Sue

Runester

I certainly don`t use my abilities for any of the mentioned, money, attention. though the views of Psychics is right on. I`ve given readings and all of my mates online know of my talents and sometimes come right out and ask my advices, and I`m a male.
I used to be an Empath though thats not my strongest suit any longer. I tend towards clairavoyant with minimal empathy who sometimes just knows things.
but in my learning about "most" psychics, it is a gift given to us as a whole and it is in our duty to give back to the cosmos, without earning anything but karma.
Am i a freak?..well yea my daughter during her more embarased moments with her friends will tell ya that heh.

this is just MHO/2 coppers.

Nevada

Why do you think it's wrong to make money as a psychic?

This has been discussed on other threads, so I'll only mention it briefly here, but it always disturbs me to hear people put down making money on something as wrong. Yes, if you do so dishonestly, it's wrong. But our time and energy is worth something, and if psychic work is what someone spends their time doing, and they're good at it and honest, then there's nothing wrong with earning a reasonable amount of money doing it.

It's easy, when considering spiritual aspects of an activity, to sell ourselves short on the subject of money. But isn't ethics and honesty important in whatever you do for a living?

Nevada

Phoenix Rising

Nevada said:
This has been discussed on other threads, so I'll only mention it briefly here, but it always disturbs me to hear people put down making money on something as wrong. Yes, if you do so dishonestly, it's wrong. But our time and energy is worth something, and if psychic work is what someone spends their time doing, and they're good at it and honest, then there's nothing wrong with earning a reasonable amount of money doing it.

It's easy, when considering spiritual aspects of an activity, to sell ourselves short on the subject of money. But isn't ethics and honesty important in whatever you do for a living?
Good point Nevada. Absolutely nothing wrong with making money with your gift or talent. We a spiritual beings living a material life, and we need money to survive. Unless those people who criticise readers and psychics for using their gifts for monetary gain, well are they going to pay the readers Bills? No definitely not. I've been struggling long enough, to know the importance of making money, whatever means to survive.
But the conclusion is we are all "psychic!"

psychic sue

I agree on the money thing. I would love to be able to read for free, but I really need the cash! However, I don't charge much (£10 for about 45 mins - about $7?) and I think it's wrong when people charge exhorbitant amounts of money.

To "balance" things up I do a few free readings on MSN via e-mail.

I also agree we all have some psychic ability. Its up to you whether you chose to develop it or not.

Sue x

lunarmist

I didn't mean to imply that making money off your gifts and talents is wrong - I am sorry if I conveyed that message. I was referring to dishonest folk who I have noticed seem to give true psychic people a bad name. Sorry if I offended anyone.